• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactics (In-Depth Video)

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Greetings everyone,

My Buddy and I have been hard at work attempting to learn and master the characters in the Smash roster. Our plan is to release a tactics video for every character at some point! Smash hasn't been out for long, but Jeff has managed to compile a video to share his knowledge on Peach. Hopefully the video is approachable for smashers of all skill levels. We hope that you all find this video helpful. Jeff worked very hard on it, and I got my *** handed to me plenty while fighting his Peach!

So with that being said, sit back, relax, and enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mMQ5DEUemU&list=PLo7ykiTGPAr_MDAjUSOKkZqtLPb3uoaYI&index=2

Thanks for any viewership! Comments and criticism welcome :D

Last edited:

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Fantastic video! Really gets across a lot of the basics. I think stuff like this could really help a lot of aspiring peach players out!

Thank you so much! <3

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Fantastic video! Really gets across a lot of the basics. I think stuff like this could really help a lot of aspiring peach players out!

Thank you so much! <3
Awe thanks for the kind words. Jeff does a damn good job with his vids! I just take the abuse for a few dozen games hahaha.

Your avatar is hilarious, adorable, and kinda spooky at the same time xD love it

cree318

Smash Cadet
NNID
cree318
3DS FC
0301-9783-2199
Great video, I've been thinking about making Peach my secondary and this definitely helped me get a better understanding of her. Thanks a lot!

AT_Ion

Smash Rookie
NNID
IonRobinson
Just started playing Peach today I am gonna keep this video in mind and watch it a few more times to get the stuff down ... I really like her moveset and options.

redruM

Smash Rookie
Good video. I noticed you didn't cover her side B at all. Is that move taboo? The recovery time is pretty awful if it doesn't land but I find it's pretty good for spacing. I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on this move. I've been watching a lot of Peach videos and it seems to barely ever get used.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Good video. I noticed you didn't cover her side B at all. Is that move taboo? The recovery time is pretty awful if it doesn't land but I find it's pretty good for spacing. I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on this move. I've been watching a lot of Peach videos and it seems to barely ever get used.
Peach's specials have never really been good besides her turnips. I will say that they're the best in sm4sh though, all but turnip pull (slower to pull but higher chance of getting bombs Saturns and stitch) have gotten buffs and are more safe to use. Her side b if it hits doesn't leave you defenseless like in previous versions. Most Peaches don't use it that often because its super easy to get out of the way and punish. It's mostly used to end combo strings

I think Peach's counter is the worst of her specials, having such a bad start up time. It is the best in sm4sh but other than that really not that safe to use.

Jarb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-6167-0433
It isn't something you can spam all day, but it has its uses. For example, it's an option for punishing when your opponent is too far away to hit with anything else reliably. It can be also be used to punish when an opponent is rolling away. Something else I've seen is using the side B to grab the ledge which is much safer than it sounds if spaced properly, though perhaps a tad pointless most of the time since grabbing from below with up B isn't an issue.

An important thing to note is that side B can be interrupted by even a jab, so don't try to punish them with it.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Hey guys figured Id give you an update. We are currently working on a Mario and C. Falc tactics videos.

Jeff doesn't have an account on the forums but he's going to make one soon to answer and questions.

In regards to Peach's side B and neutral B... Neither are particularly safe or practical to use. It's best to stick to her bread and butter aerials and turnips to rack up the damage and KOs. That isn't to say there can't be uses for her special moves.

And yes, the ending music is great. Mario 64 credits ftw!!!

V01D_HTX

Smash Rookie
I play peach in every other smash game, I never gave her a chance on Smash 4. She still looks fun to play with. Thanks, great video!

Top Bottom