• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach still useless on the ledge?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is she still useless once she's grabbed hold of the ledge?

* Slow get-up attacks
* Useless get-up attacks with 0 range, 0 damage and 0 knockback (CC into Tipper, anyone?)
* Double Jump which makes it impossible for her to ledgehop into an aerial?

What with directional airdodging gone, she can't even rely on that or landing wavedashes anymore.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Apparently her parasol takes her much higher than in Melee, so I could see that working.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, first of all, Peach was never good at the ledge period. She was a good edge guarder, but everything else she sucked on. Brawl would probably be no different. >>

Second, as Gimpyfish said, wavedash/landing is there, it's just harder to do. Anyway, it's always good to try and drop off the ledge and Up B the opponent. It has always cut through defenses, and since they'll have a harder time moving back quickly, it should nail them.

Also, I think she's a bit faster with aerials, so maybe a nair, grab ledge and then get up. I'm not sure really >>

iron blade

Smash Ace
Okay, first of all, Peach was never good at the ledge period. She was a good edge guarder, but everything else she sucked on. Brawl would probably be no different. >>

Second, as Gimpyfish said, wavedash/landing is there, it's just harder to do. Anyway, it's always good to try and drop off the ledge and Up B the opponent. It has always cut through defenses, and since they'll have a harder time moving back quickly, it should nail them.

Also, I think she's a bit faster with aerials, so maybe a nair, grab ledge and then get up. I'm not sure really >>
the only problem is when you upB near the edge, you autograb it, so you can't hit anyone that isn't right at the edge.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Here's what I usually do as Peach: Grab the edge, pull back and release the edge, use the second jump, and then reach in flying above the edgeguarder with maybe an ending airdodge or parasol attack, or fly straight towards the edgeguarder with a fair. That usually works for me.

Top Bottom