• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach Social Thread: Royal Discussions

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Is Luigi really considered a "braindead" character? Peach is excellent though, so you truly chose the right character.

Oh, and welcome to the Peach boards!
Well the Luigi boards have been given the Diddy boards, which is to say that it's just full of threads ******** about the character rather than progressing it...

and Thank You!!

Welcome to the peach boards!

Peach isnt viewed as that high because she really struggles against a lot of the top tiers, and she struggles a bit as well against zoning characters.
She has the tools to be great though, peach relies heavily on the player's skill.
Thank you!!

What top tiers are you struggling against? Maybe I'm playing crap players...

EDIT: wait, so based on skill such as Shulk or Ryu?

Last edited:

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
What top tiers are you struggling against?

EDIT: wait, so based on skill such as Shulk or Ryu?
Peach, Ryu, and Shulk are the hardest to learn characters in this game imo

I personally struggle a lot against zero suit. I know peach can have a tough time against shiek, yoshi, pikachu and sonic. The Rosalina matchup is pretty even along with luigi.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Peach, Ryu, and Shulk are the hardest to learn characters in this game imo

I personally struggle a lot against zero suit. I know peach can have a tough time against shiek, yoshi, pikachu and sonic. The Rosalina matchup is pretty even along with luigi.
That's strange, because I have flawless records against Yoshi, Pika, and Sonic, but Rosa, shiek and Zss have all given me trouble. Luigi isn't on my radar, I know him better than any I've played here so I don't really worry.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
A luigi that knows what they're doing is a pain. I have trouble getting through the wall of fire.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
A luigi that knows what they're doing is a pain. I have trouble getting through the wall of fire.
All of your aerials beat his fireballs, dair those and you can even get an approuch, if he's smart though he'll probably punish so be safe doing so.

Also social reached page ten! :colorful:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Huh that's good to know. His fast aerials still cause me grief along with that down B lol.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Once I start gaining momentum, I think I don't have a single competitor in my region to contest that I am the best Peach in the Southern region. That's a good feel.

[SKS]Jarp

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5472-7479-6841
Is there still a skype group? If so my skype name is leglessbadger and i'd really like to be added.

Last edited:

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Once I start gaining momentum, I think I don't have a single competitor in my region to contest that I am the best Peach in the Southern region. That's a good feel.
1v1 me m8

Is there still a skype group? If so my skype name is leglessbadger and i'd really like to be added.
I sent you a request on skype and I'll add you as soon as you accept <3

Last edited:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
1v1 me m8
oh ****, i didn't see that it said Texas, I'm gonna get stomped, hence "Once I start gaining..."

but I WAS joking, I'd only be the best Peach as long as there's no other to constest it, haha

Last edited:

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
I've never met a female or gay Peach main. All the Peach mains I've met are straight guys who like the booty, lol!
I happen to be a female Peach Main. I think I've met exactly one gay Peach Main, but I don't actually ask people so I might have met more without realizing it. |D

The hilarity and grace that is Peach can be enjoyed by anyone, however. She's just universally amazing.

MiniSmasher

Smash Cadet
I happen to be a female Peach Main. I think I've met exactly one gay Peach Main, but I don't actually ask people so I might have met more without realizing it. |D

The hilarity and grace that is Peach can be enjoyed by anyone, however. She's just universally amazing.
I haven't met any female Peach mains either and so far, I'm the only gay Peach main I know. Though I don't think my sexuality has much to do with it since I'm not stereotypically gay and my other mains are Mario, Marth and ZSS (who I put in the bikini costume xD). I can see why it would be quite common though! I personally just love the way Peach plays and her float helps my poor ability to short-hop.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
I haven't met any female Peach mains either and so far, I'm the only gay Peach main I know.
I qualify as bi, so I'm like half gay--or something. :UUU Peach is just... She's hilarious and she appeals to my love of magical girls and fashion. There's not a lot not to love. I think the only thing you need to enjoy Peach is good taste. ;P

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Peach is just... She's hilarious and she appeals to my love of magical girls and fashion. There's not a lot not to love. I think the only thing you need to enjoy Peach is good taste. ;P
Your words are wise. You have met all the requirements and earned my respect and friendship. You got some serious style:shades:

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
I qualify as bi, so I'm like half gay--or something. :UUU Peach is just... She's hilarious and she appeals to my love of magical girls and fashion. There's not a lot not to love. I think the only thing you need to enjoy Peach is good taste. ;P
I think it's both funny and ironic that some people stereotype Peach mains as being gay... since I play her for the exact opposite reason, lol.

I don't only play her in Smash 4, I've been playing her since Melee came out. She's not just my favorite Smash, Mario, or Nintendo character, she's my favorite video game character of all time. Not just that, I have both Amiibos of her, 3DS cover of her, a zip-up case of Peach for my 3DS, the Peach Wiimote and Wii U Fight Pad, the Super Princess Peach game, multiple Peach shirts, pink shoes to go along with the other Peach gear, a pillow, a plush Peach backpack that I have with me almost all of the time, and a lot more. Loving Peach, is one of the first things people learn about me, when they meet me.

I like Peach far more than Smash Bros! She was a beast in Super Mario RPG, one of my favorite games of all time. I love her sassy attitude in the Strikers games, as well as her overall spunky and slightly sarcastic personality in Smash. I love that she's always happy and optimistic, despite the fact that a lot of people hate Peach for some reason, and a lot of Smash 4 Peach mains are extremely pessimistic. Also love her in Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D World. Hell, I LOVE her in everything!

Tbh, Peach, and more specifically her booty, is the sole purpose and the only reason for the existence of my... Yeah... I'm just gonna stop there, lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think it's both funny and ironic that some people stereotype Peach mains as being gay... since I play her for the exact opposite reason, lol.
Its usually because alot of people who play her are gay. It's been like that since brawl. So thats why people think like that. Either way it does not matter.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164

Amen. Peach is awesome! Her Parasol move is a great against oponents who are up in the air and a great save to keep people (mostly me XD) from falling off the stage.
At first, I thought Peach was sorta meh, but as I played more with her I realized I rocked when I played as her.
All in all, Peach is a beast to play as regardless what anyone says.

Last edited:

derpbruh

Smash Rookie
I remember when I first fell in love with Peach in smash bros. I was at Walmart with my mom as she was buying groceries and what-not; and as any bored 7 yr old boy would do, I ran off to the video game section at the back of the store. A Melee demo was just made available a few weeks ago and, not knowing this, my heart leaped at hearing that there was a new smash game coming out. I remember my jaw dropping at the huge character and stage selections in the game.

And then I saw Peach.

My initial reaction? "Pfft, I get that Peach is from the Mario games, but that doesn't mean that she can fight. I mean, what is she gonna do? Slap me?" I decided to pick Peach completely out of jest, and not knowing what stage to choose, I just chose the one in the upper left corner--Icicle Mountain. As the stage started moving up and down, I frantically pressed different buttons to find the jump button, and since I accidentally held the button, she floated. So gracefully. Like Beyonce.:smirk: All of my opponents couldn't keep up with the screen, so I floated to victory. :laugh: Then the thought hit:

Maybe I can use her float ability in the midst of battle...

The rest is history. Peach has always been {and will probably always be} my go-to. She's the best. She doesn't disappoint. Frying pans, golf clubs, tennis rackets, turnips, the occasional bomb or mr. saturn (which has actually won me quite a few matches). Her grace and slight awkwardness is amazing. And hey, she can create an explosion with her butt. What's not to love?

derpbruh

Smash Rookie
And I agree with @ PeachBooty PeachBooty . I'm a straight guy that enjoys playing as Peach. Some people that I talk to have a hard time understanding that for some reason (see profile picture). Personally, I enjoy using female characters because the game designers normally tend to give the ladies some unique qualities to balance out a lack of agility or kill power, such as Peach's float, Rosalina having a yellow blob following her around to do her bidding as well as a gravity move that says "lol nope" to projectiles, and Palutena with some pretty cool ranged attacks and custom moves.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Eating peaches rn
My friends make fun of me because every tournament I go to I'm seen with Peach Tea. When they ask why I say its so I can have a closer bond with the princess

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Would you guys prefer Peach's old or new Uair?
I love the new one far better.
Why do you guys like either?

derpbruh

Smash Rookie
I like Peach's new Uair compared to brawl because of the double hit, which has helped me punish a mistimed air dodge by landing the second hit. But I gotta admit, I miss her Melee uair because of its kill power. Dat kick tho

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
It's always strange for me to come to this thread whenever I get an alert about it. I've got what? One post on here? Two with this one and I don't use Peach at all. Never been fond of her playstyle since Melee but I lurk around for simple curiosity and because my cousin uses her and he uses her quite well. That being said, he does better in doubles with her rather than singles and I feel that goes for Peach in general, at least in this game.

I went back to Brawl about a week ago to enjoy Wolf again and from fighting ai Peach I quickly noticed how horribly nerfed her turnips are in this game. They're so slow and stitch is nowhere near as threatening as it was before and the beam sword is gone. My cousin can't stand using Peach against ranged characters like Shulk and D3 and I feel those nerfs are partly why. I've tried suggesting to him that during those matchups that he cycles his fsmash to try and have the golf club available as much as possible but since I don't use the character, it's all just theorycraft for me.

Anyways, despite not using the character at all, I do enjoy reading the discussions that go on here!

ilysm

sleepy
As faras new vs. old u-air, I definitely prefer the new one. I used to main Ness in Melee (I still play him in every game) but I decided to try Peach out and

I hated her. Her movement felt awkward in a Melee setting and I was just flat out terrible. Smash 4 Peach is really the only version I enjoy playing, funnily enough. And I stick to the Icies in Melee now, haha.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
It's always strange for me to come to this thread whenever I get an alert about it. I've got what? One post on here? Two with this one and I don't use Peach at all. Never been fond of her playstyle since Melee but I lurk around for simple curiosity and because my cousin uses her and he uses her quite well. That being said, he does better in doubles with her rather than singles and I feel that goes for Peach in general, at least in this game.

I went back to Brawl about a week ago to enjoy Wolf again and from fighting ai Peach I quickly noticed how horribly nerfed her turnips are in this game. They're so slow and stitch is nowhere near as threatening as it was before and the beam sword is gone. My cousin can't stand using Peach against ranged characters like Shulk and D3 and I feel those nerfs are partly why. I've tried suggesting to him that during those matchups that he cycles his fsmash to try and have the golf club available as much as possible but since I don't use the character, it's all just theorycraft for me.

Anyways, despite not using the character at all, I do enjoy reading the discussions that go on here!
Besides the increased startup and no beamsword, her turnips weren't really changed much from brawl, now they are for sure damage crackers, I mean at least she gets the better turnips and items more often.
Compared to melee, noticeably nerfed for sure.

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
hey super princess babes, i need some help

does anyone know what SlayerZ's real name is / smashboards name / do they post on these boards?

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
hey super princess babes, i need some help

does anyone know what SlayerZ's real name is / smashboards name / do they post on these boards?
I think it's Jacob Diaz. I don't know what his Smashboards name is.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I haven't met any female Peach mains either and so far, I'm the only gay Peach main I know.
Hi, I'm a bisexual transgal. Do I count? I dunno.

Would you guys prefer Peach's old or new Uair?
I love the new one far better.
Why do you guys like either?
The new one is infinitely more useful, I think, and is also much cooler and prettier.

Also also, if that skype group is still a thing, I'd be thrilled to join. My skype is kapus4.

Top Bottom