• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach Social Thread: Royal Discussions

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
I've been experimenting more with my dtilt parasol set-up for the kill, and it works wonders on light characters! I was afraid at the consistency with which you could tech the dtilt, or potentially air-dodge/DI the hit, but every time I use it, it works! This is very exciting news for me.

Here's the gfy I posted in the match-up thread:

I played a lil of For Glory today, and although it doesn't work on heavier characters, it works really well on characters of lesser weight. The consistency of getting the KO is too high to ignore. I'll experiment with mid-weight-range characters today.

edit - It seems to work on everyone, but for characters like Samus, it will take around 110% to nab the parasol kill sufficiently. This is without rage, of course. Characters like DK will take around 120% before you can get it. This is with the ideal full hop parasol, however. If you can't mobilize in time to get every hit, or hit at a wonky angle, the numbers could be less forgiving.

Last edited:

Vyledust

Smash Cadet
NNID
vyledust
3DS FC
4828-5240-3817
Switch FC
SW-0024-1518-2334
Been messing with Peach for the past few days after watching some of your first impression and gameplay vids Dark.Pch. Thank you for that. Loving her so far and working on my mechanics after playing Ness from the 64 on. I have to get into a different mindset, which is a challenge, but I love the char so far. Completely changed my control scheme as well, so it is a challenge on two fronts.

My only question so far, is there a way to recover properly if you are facing the wrong way with the parasol out and you do not grab? Is there a safe way to make sure you always recover proper? Been training on bots and lost a stock at a low percent from it.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
You can close your parasol and let her helpless state grab the edge from behind. It only works if your parasol is closed, though.

Those were some fun games, @ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl ! You are a tight Peach player. The way you use dair reminds me that I never use it, and I should more often, haha. The ditto is invaluable experience, however; I appreciate the knowledge gained by sparring with you.

Last edited:

Vyledust

Smash Cadet
NNID
vyledust
3DS FC
4828-5240-3817
Switch FC
SW-0024-1518-2334
You can close your parasol and let her helpless state grab the edge from behind. It only works if your parasol is closed, though.
Will have to play with it a bit more. I appreciate that info.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
Will have to play with it a bit more. I appreciate that info.
You probably won't grab the edge if you did your parasol in the wrong direction from under the stage-- often you'll be too low already, even if it looks like you should grab the ledge. Doesn't hurt to try, though.

It's important when you whiff an up-b on-stage close to the ledge, so that you have that option to grab the ledge while your opponent is trying to punish you for it.

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
I really don't understand why they made it so Peach cannot ledge grab when u parasol backwards. I mean is there really that much of an advantage for her if she is able to do it?

Also I will be on a bit later, if anyone wants to play add me. I haven't got the chance to play against any Peach players as of yet

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I really don't understand why they made it so Peach cannot ledge grab when u parasol backwards. I mean is there really that much of an advantage for her if she is able to do it?

Also I will be on a bit later, if anyone wants to play add me. I haven't got the chance to play against any Peach players as of yet
I'll be on on 15 mins

Pawelot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pawelot
I main Peach as well, feel free to add me. And I agree about the parasol stuff.

By the way, have you guys noticed this bug: when you run past a character to the increased range back-grab, the grab button sometimes triggers a tilt. Is this intended or an annoying bug?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I main Peach as well, feel free to add me. And I agree about the parasol stuff.

By the way, have you guys noticed this bug: when you run past a character to the increased range back-grab, the grab button sometimes triggers a tilt. Is this intended or an annoying bug?
You have to press grab first, then quickly turn around to get the pivot grab. If you do it at the same time you will get a tilt.

Anyone up for games
I can play you for a while.

xAoIeR

Smash Rookie
A forum for peach mains?:o cool:D. My 3ds friend code is 5172-0917-9319. I'm not that good with peach even though I main her... I do know a little on how to use her, but I'd love to learn more on how to master the way of the peach^^.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
A forum for peach mains?:o cool:D. My 3ds friend code is 5172-0917-9319. I'm not that good with peach even though I main her... I do know a little on how to use her, but I'd love to learn more on how to master the way of the peach^^.
Welcome dude. if you wanna learn more about her, I suggest you check out the stickies around here and read those.

Does anyone wanna play before I leave soon on the Wii U?

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Welcome dude. if you wanna learn more about her, I suggest you check out the stickies around here and read those.

Does anyone wanna play before I leave soon on the Wii U?
Ughhhh I wish I could but my wifis down because we're putting in new cable

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I've been practicing a bunch of other characters and now trying to get back into playing Peach is proving to be difficult.
Might need a nice crown-smack on the head to remember how to play her consistently well again in some dittos sometime after the weekend.

I'll post here what I said in the other thread.

I got 2 new tournaments matches up.

Me vs Ness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RzSGViI_bg

Me Vs Kirby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Ia5qn6gIo
That's some really awesome movement ability you've got going there with the dash-back-in-forth into momentary floating. I doubt I'll ever get bored with watching you play Peach.

Last edited:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
How well do you guys think Peach fairs against diddy kong and shiek? I don't like using Mario or Wario against those characters and I haven't really explored peach in the match up.

xAoIeR

Smash Rookie
How well do you guys think Peach fairs against diddy kong and shiek? I don't like using Mario or Wario against those characters and I haven't really explored peach in the match up.[/quote
I would usually have lots of trouble when going against shiek because of all her needles. But if she floats at just the right height she can avoid the needles and give a counterattack with her down air.
Going against diddy kong isn't too frightening though. Timing the attacks right should do the trick if you ask me^^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heads up, I'm heading out to a tournament now and it will be live stream. If you guys wanna check out, follow this channel so you know when we are live:

www.twitch.tv/FreeSaltines

I'll also keep you guys updated via twitter for those that are following me.

www.twitter.com/Dark_Pch

I'll be commentating for the event, so come say hi or else......

Damm kids and your japanime. Pissing me off....

Last edited:

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
gd stuff at that tourny Dark.Pch saw some of ur earlier matches but I didnt get to watch all of the tourny cause I had to go out, caught GF just as I got in, it was intense, who did u lose 2?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
as sonic and a falco early. I played terrible and not too happy about. Kinda feel like a stupid player cause of it.

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
as sonic and a falco early. I played terrible and not too happy about. Kinda feel like a stupid player cause of it.
Oh ok well we all have our off days man. Was crazy seeing all those custom moves as well I really hope they do get banned cause some of them looked kinda OP

xAoIeR

Smash Rookie
Don't have to beat yourself up over it:/... Even the best smash player has to lose a round or two. Besides, losing to a sonic and Falco user doesn't change the fact that you're still a solid peach user^^. On the bright side, now you have an idea on who to beat up when you're trainingXD

Top Bottom