• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach on Ledge

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
What do you guys do to get back on stage as peach when hanging from the ledge? It seems tricky

KoyalKitKat

Smash Cadet
If they are pretty dumb, I just drop, use jump, and then parasol's hitbox will spring them up onto a platform or away. This is probably a noob way of doing this, but I'm sure it can work as a mixup and not an often usual go to method of getting back on stage

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Waveland waveland waveland
she's vulnerable for so long though ;_____;

I usually just try to avoid grabbing ledge altogether. Umbrella falling/stalling mixups to lain stage, horizontal air dodge mixups if I haven't up-B'd yet, waveland on (or off to recover double jump and float if landing isn't safe enough) stage or platforms if they're far away enough, etc. But if I do have to grab ledge, I'll just standup or roll from ledge, fall --> umbrella or jump --> nair or attack from ledge for immediate hits, mixed up with fall --> jump --> Fair or float Dair or crossup Bair for delayed hits, fall --> jump --> air dodge for baits, or jump fro ledge and waveland on platforms (or off of them into DJC Fair/Bair, or DJC Dair and floating midway. DJCing to follow any waits/rolls), if there are any.

Having a turnip is a rare scenario while recovering, but it can help if you have one. Throw one up before ledge grabbing, and then do a slow double jump back to try bait something, or recover more safely into a plat. Still not very safe thiugh. Peach in ledge is a struggle.

Last edited:

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
A few ways i've thought of (and please don't take this as the best/optimal ways...or even good...)

1) Drop, double jump out, then come back in and Toad to cover yourself (or do it straight up)
2) Drop, DJ, away and back toward ledge/onto stage
3) roll back on
4) standard get up
5) Drop, DJ, air dodge (onto stage or up diagonal toward/away and make sure you drift back toward ledge)
6) get up attack from ledge
7) tournament winners (jump button from ledge) is typically considered bad...but considering her already bad ledge options...its not the worst)

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
Yeah, her getup attack below 100% can be pretty helpful, I find that it's mostly a game of just forcing your way back onto stage as quickly as possible. That being said, toad can be pretty helpful when someone is being crazy aggressive at the edge. Does anyone know the invincibility options she has from ledge? I feel like they're fairly limited considering her speed.

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
Ideally I think if you had the time to tournament winner, float cancel Nair in invincibility and were just a spinning death dress coming back on stage that'd be hype, but I think she's too slow

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Yeah, her getup attack below 100% can be pretty helpful, I find that it's mostly a game of just forcing your way back onto stage as quickly as possible. That being said, toad can be pretty helpful when someone is being crazy aggressive at the edge. Does anyone know the invincibility options she has from ledge? I feel like they're fairly limited considering her speed.
Toad is never helpful; even if the counter attack hits, it's almost a guaranteed negative on shield. And they do have time to react and shield, since there's a bit of a lagtime between the hit and counterattack iirc. Probably should've thrown this thread out here earlier.

Ideally I think if you had the time to tournament winner, float cancel Nair in invincibility and were just a spinning death dress coming back on stage that'd be hype, but I think she's too slow
The first actionable frames of the jump from ledge are well above the first platform level.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
A few ways i've thought of (and please don't take this as the best/optimal ways...or even good...)

1) Drop, double jump out, then come back in and Toad to cover yourself (or do it straight up)
2) Drop, DJ, away and back toward ledge/onto stage
3) roll back on
4) standard get up
5) Drop, DJ, air dodge (onto stage or up diagonal toward/away and make sure you drift back toward ledge)
6) get up attack from ledge
7) tournament winners (jump button from ledge) is typically considered bad...but considering her already bad ledge options...its not the worst)
for #5 it is better to airdodge onstage right after dropping. this way you don't burn the DJ in case of being hit back offstage, and it can also be slightly faster/less vulnerable

looks like this http://gfycat.com/OrneryFondAsianelephant
armada does it at 6:05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1fJNJdqZRc

NNID
ExpandingKasai
As a dedicated Peach main, her ledge options are straight garbage. Ledge hop nair would be good if her double jump off the ledge wasn't extremely punishable. Really your best bet is attack off ledge or standard getup.
They're not good options but Peach doesn't have good ledge options.

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
Toad is never helpful; even if the counter attack hits, it's almost a guaranteed negative on shield. And they do have time to react and shield, since there's a bit of a lagtime between the hit and counterattack iirc. Probably should've thrown this thread out here earlier.

The first actionable frames of the jump from ledge are well above the first platform level.
Toad is useful sometimes, he makes for a good change up. I don't care how good you are, I doubt that when you're trying to edgeguard peach you're consistantly going to read the Toad counter, shield and punish someone for it if they do it properly. Used maybe once a match or even once a set is useful, speaking in absolutes isn't really a way to talk about smash

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Toad is useful sometimes, he makes for a good change up. I don't care how good you are, I doubt that when you're trying to edgeguard peach you're consistantly going to read the Toad counter, shield and punish someone for it if they do it properly. Used maybe once a match or even once a set is useful, speaking in absolutes isn't really a way to talk about smash
Not saying they'll always be able to know it's coming, cos no one would. Marth counter gets people all the time, but that doesn't mean it's as useful as Marth's coutner. I said that it's negative on shield, meaning that they'll have time to punish you for it. Even in the scenario that they weren't able to react to it and shield, it's still negative; the move has little hitstun, and tons of endlag.

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin

N JA

Smash Rookie
On Yoshi's you can totally waveland off stage to regrab the ledge. I know it's vulnerable for quite a bit but it can be useful to throw your opponent off while you roll on or something else (having refreshed your invincibility.)

Top Bottom