• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Matchup list

Status
Not open for further replies.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Fox:

Suggested ground-based attacks;
Jab- Good for stopping grabby foxes in their tracks
Uptilt: can be worked into combos
Ftilt - I wouldn't advise it, as I don't like the amount of Endlag it has, but I have been told it can be worked into combos
Dtilt - Great for working into combos, works as part of edgeguarding strategies, can also nicely setup an opportunity to grab fox.
Upsmash - Great move, Solid finisher, can be hard to implement against Fox
Fsmash - Good for edgeguarding, but if you are going to use it for such, I would advise Fsmashing until you use the pan while he is recovering, then using fsmash as an edgeguard, that way you will hit with either the tennis racket or the golf club
Downsmash - Great move against fox, I have been told that I'm not using it enough at the last tourney I participated in. It works as an effective edgeguard only if they don't know how to walltech.

Suggested Aerial attacks:
Nair - Good finisher, works as effective edgeguard against his SideB
Bair - Decent finisher, works well as an edgeguard.
UpAir - Great move to work into combos.
Dair - Risky to implement against him while he is standing, but good as an edgeguard followed by Nair or Bair.
Fair - Good finisher, good for mindgames with Floatcancelling, hard to use effectively

Turnips:
I don't like to use turnips against him (Because of his shine), but i've been told its good for both edgeguarding and mindgames.

Counter-strategies;
Dair: Wavedash out of the way, then punish with Down-Smash if you can.
DO NOT LET HIM HIT YOU WITH HIS DRILL-KICK (while you are standing). IF YOU ALLOW A SKILLED FOX TO HIT YOU WITH DRILL-KICK , YOU COULD END UP GETTING COMBO'D TO DEATH. There are foxes that can combo you to death from 0% if you get hit by this (I've played a few).
While locked in wave-shine, hold the Controlstick down, rapidly tap C-stick down, and hope to a diety of your choice that he messes up. If anyone has a better idea, please share it.
If he gets grabby, you can interupt/stop his grab by jabbing him as he approaches.
Always DI His two upward finishers (UpAir, and Upsmash)
You can avoid upair by airdodging, but try to do it in a way that doesn't doom you to get hit anyway.

Grabbing:

Fox is chainthrowable from approx. 40-90 [Upthrow]
Forward-throw is a good choice as a finisher, I generally use it after chainthrowing him to around 90 if I can throw him off the nearest edge with it, if not i tend to Backthrow, so as to maximize damage.

Counterpicking Stages;

Personally, my favourite stage counterpicks for a fox player are;
Dreamland (maximizes her wonderful recovery)
Final D (You won't be getting infi-shined against walls here, plus it's good for chaingrabbing)
Mute City (Solid level for peach that hurts alot of characters due to the fact that there are no edges to grab for recovery)

I like these levels because I am an extremely defensive player, and there's plenty of space here for me to keep my distance from fox. The problem is of course, that this works as an advantage to fox, because it means he can abuse his speed with hit and run tactics. Unfortunately, it's harder to chainthrow him on the smaller levels though, which makes my tactics harder to implement.

I have been told that it's a better idea to pick smaller levels against fox though, so that it cuts down his speed advantage. I'm pretty sure these levels are;
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Bailey

Smash Hero
Dude let someone else do it. Someone with a name, ie: Bailey, Ryoko, Alpha Zealot or Dark Pch

You aren't supposed to give suggested ground based attacks. A good Peach knows what moves work and not all of them do.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Dude let someone else do it. Someone with a name, ie: Bailey, Alpha Zealot or Dark Pch

You aren't supposed to give suggested ground based attacks. A good Peach knows what moves work and not all of them do.
If I don't do it, No one else will, so step aside, boy

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
You can edit any post simply by clicking the "Go Advanced" button.

My quick edit doesn't always work either, but going advanced has never failed me.
Alright, thanks man. I'm going to just kill this thread and return to my other one then, because this one got no-name hatin` Troll all up in-it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom