• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach...I guess

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Uhh...well, Peach is dumb. Soo, I thought I'd tell people how to make her not so...dumb.

Alrighty, anyways, let's see here...

Watch out for da down-smash manuever! That's all.

Lol, j/k j/k, I guess

Soo...

Here's some good things to know/do vs Peach

Luigi can combo Peach about as well as Jigglypuff can combo...well...Jigglypuff.

AKA, you're only going to be able to do crappy 2-hitter combos.

And even then, one of the two two-hitter combos has to be..ahh..improvised on. (Just so you guys know, the two most common 2-hitters I'm referring to are 1: N-air, aerial and 2: Grab, aerial)

Soo, just to also let it be known, vs Peach and Marth and other floaties, if the person is good enough, the grab d-throw to aerial will not work if the person has near perfect DI. Which isn't likely, but still...this is why you never do the awesome head-butt combo once you grab Peach. No matter how much you want it. Just grab her and d-throw as fast as possible.

Now then, the 2nd 2-hitter combo that I previously mentioned...N-air to aerial. Now, the aerial I refer to after the neutral-air usually is assumed to be either d-air or f-air. Either work most of the time on semi-floaties and of course fast-fallers, but when it comes to gays such as Peach, she cuts the good aerial out of the combo. This means YOU get to play relatively gay and do a...double n-air!, yaayuuhz. Sound exciting? Well it's not. Do your first nuetral air and l-cancel as fast as possible, then do another n-air right on her while she has hit-stun. At higher percents, when she goes to high for a n-air, you have the ultimate chance to do an u-air on her after the n-air, woo-hoo!

Note: Sometimes you CAN get a forward-air out fast enough after the n-air, but you risk getting hit in the face with a fat n-air yourself. D-air is basically out of the question.

Alrighty, next, u-smash = happy Luigi vs Peach. At higher percents, you're probably going to find it a real pain to kill Peach. This is where you replace common manuevers like wavedash d-smash, and jab to d-smash, with jab UP-smash, and sometimes wavedash u-smash. I'm near positive that Luigi's u-smash is the 2nd most powerful way to KO Peach. 1st being up-B. Now, when trying to land a wavedash u-smash, make sure never to approach her if she starts a d-smash. Her d-smash > your u-smash. That's why wavedash u-smash is quite a bit more risky than jab u-smash.

Next, common Peach knowledge: Peach likes her d-smash, especially on platforms. So do things like SH near a platform or sometimes even just walk underneath a platform, and a lot of the time, Peach will try and d-smash. This is where you wait for a very small amount of lag time after her d-smash, and then punish her with a GOOD aerial.

Nexties... Don't approach Peach from completely above her. Because guess what, her u-smash is better than yours! You get u-smashed if you approach from above. Even if you try to land on her with a n-air. So give it up. Just land your fat Luigi butt back on the ground and go back to basic approaches.

Speaking of basic approaches, Peach has a mean n-air out of shield. This means that you don't throw out random double aerials without spacing them extremely well. Often you won't even get a chance to do a second aerial because her n-air has too much range and priority for you to be able to have enough time to space the second aerial without getting hit.

And while we're on the topic of her n-air out of shield, when it comes to recovering, one of Luigi's most commonly used ledgehop-aerials is no longer available. Just like Marth's f-air out of shield, Peach's n-air out of shield will be able to hit you after your ledgehopped f-air, but unlike Marth's f-air, Peach's n-air has a lot more knockback. So morale of the story, don't do f-air from ledgehop. Ledgedash will be your most effective method if getting back on the stage.

Alright, I've gotta go to dumb school place...so I'll try and add more stuff later maybe. Anyways, GG peach, GG.

Some more common Peach knowledge: Try to catch her filthy turnips unless she throws one at you at and then immediately tries to float-cancel an aerial at you afterwards.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Lol @ how you just answered my question for my Peach thread we posted at the same time.

nublet06

Smash Lord
something else i think is cool.

for some reasons i notice a lot of peaches like to spam dash attack. and they like to throw a turnip and dash attack after that too.

just shield it....and up b out of the shield. too good. this also works nice agaisnt sheik.

El HP

Smash Ace
Never played against a good peach just some crappy ones, since peach has a great recovery I think the best thing to do is to choose smaller stages pokemon stadium and FD are good options so you can make some vertical kills I find the n-air very effective to kill floaties a well placed n-air does the job at 90% the down smash can kill at 110% the up smash about 85-90% also you can try a down throw about 65-70% I think and follow with a wavedash to up b and finally to make pressure double b-airs seem to work and they are easier for spacing I like using them more than f-air or d-air.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I had to play against 3 Peaches in a tournament recently...and I was stuck counterpicking Luigi because my Falcon and Ganon were terrible.

Judicious use of the fireball really helps here. It stops turnips and disrupts their float cancelling, forcing them to approach from the ground more, where Peach isn't so scary.

Wavedashed U-smash works wonders against Peaches that like to approach you with F-airs.

I have to say the B-air is going to see a lot more use here than most other matchups. It's the safest aerial by far, with that unique combination of speed, range, and duration to beat out Peach's ridiculous aerials. You won't be comboing much off of it, but you'll need every hit you can get in this matchup.

Save your 2nd jump as much as possible. You need it to get past Peach's D-smash edgeguard, otherwise you have no options but to hope for a misfire. I once ledgeteched 3 D-smashes in a row, but couldn't get back because I had no jumps left.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
dam ma, im realizing how hard is plaiyng with a luigi vs a peach guys, dam. Lets see what happens, i have a friend that plays peach, and i win most of the matches but is getting harder and harder.. i cant combo him more than 3 times.. im tired, all i can do is leave her out of platform, and d-grab her.. im tired..

LiMe ¤ FuRy

Smash Journeyman
I play against a Peach daily who, mind you, is pretty **** good. He plays his Peach extremely aggresively.

If this helps any, I usually have issues dealing with him on the ground, however, I always take him when we're air borne. To kill him I always up-smash and if not, it's one hell of a ***** killing him. Also, since he is aggresive and always abusing my sheild, Up-smash out of sheild is god.

Also, one last thing, ALWAYS catch her turnips. If ithere's one thing that annoys peaches, its that. :]

MY two cents.

C 3

Smash Ace
Great stuff Ka, very helpful. I'll keep that in mind if I face one at this Trans - Canada tournament comin up (which I hope you and your crew come for ;P) Also, great piece of added on info Nublet. I'll also give that some thought.

mastergamerbrett

Smash Rookie
I'm lucky I don't play against any peaches that are that good. I generally just try to avoid the D-Smash and I can live to like 180-200 percent. And by that time, the Peach will have lost their stock already. Peach players who know one attack FTW!

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
i know peachs dair is wh shes so high tier (I guess) but what exactly does it do?

even if peach is on the ground you have to watch out that shes not floating at you in case she uses her air moves...

OFFTOPIC: why is it that i have done luigis misfire more than 3 times in a row and twice in a row happens a lot to me (A LOT!!!) but when im peach ive never EVER pulled a bob-omb the chances must be a lot less...

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
i know peachs dair is wh shes so high tier (I guess) but what exactly does it do?

even if peach is on the ground you have to watch out that shes not floating at you in case she uses her air moves...

OFFTOPIC: why is it that i have done luigis misfire more than 3 times in a row and twice in a row happens a lot to me (A LOT!!!) but when im peach ive never EVER pulled a bob-omb the chances must be a lot less...

Peach's Dair is NOT why she's high tier.. It's her Dsmash that is amazing.

@ OFFTOPIC: I guess your lucky with Luigi and not with Peach. I've played a match vs AlphaZealot (my Luigi vs his Doc) where I misfired off the stage then back on again. I also played a match vs Kirbstir's Peach with my Marth, he pulled out 2 bombs that match.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
when i misfire with luigi off the stage i expect to misfire back on... 0.o

thats what always happens i thought it was common

Eggz

Smash Hero
Oh Ka, leave it to Ka. Ka Ka Ka Ka Ka town. That's Ka for ya.

EDIT: Peach isn't high tier for her dsmash.

Peach is high tier for her overall plethora of amazing traits and abilities.

N-air: Low startup, low/no lag, high knockback,
D-air: Low startup, low/no lag, good setup for ledgeguarding or a nair afterwards
B-air: Same as nair but with a different hitbox =/
Dsmash: High priority, makes a good CCC game
Dash attack: Best in the game. VERY high priority, comboable trajectory
Turnips: Good spam, good distraction, stitchfaces are broken
Float cancelling: Better than auto cancelling?! Hax.
Broken *** recovery: Yup.

I notice you use the chop more than the d-air against Sas Ammon, why is that?

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
They are -.-...And LOLLICOaster......i need some real work on fighting floaty characters >_<...All i get to play are fatties -.-...

Top Bottom