• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Gameplay Strategies

PeachBomber

Smash Rookie
I love peach, she is the only character that I've used other than perhaps Zelda/Sheik. I'm just wondering about the opinions of other smashers on their particular use of the pristine princess. Although you wouldn't think it at first, I personally believe that Peach is a terrible defensive character. There are many ways you can link her maneuvers together to pull off chains and she is an excellent in-your-face brawler when you play her like I do. Anyway just give me your theories!

Samochan

Smash Master
Peach really isn't an offensive character imo, mostly because she lacks the speed to put pressure on many characters and her attacks don't combo a lot. Lack of KO moves also hurts her offensive game. While peach is not the best cc'er in the game, she certainly isn't too far off with her very good ccc options. Her shield, roll, aerial dodge and sidestep are all pretty good, she can camp, djc is a good evasion&punishing method and Armada has a good demonstration how having a good shieldgame can really increase defensive prowness, like shieldwd and nair out of shield are good example of these, not forgetting fc'd aerials out of shield. I do think that as a defensive character peach does better than as an offensive, where she lacks the speed and KO attacks, but that's just my opinnion.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
If you are going to be offensive, you have to be VERY careful. Remember that the odds are that whoever you are facing can combo you.

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Peach can be used offensively agianst certain chars, but it is wise to play more defensively agianst certain chars (MARTH!!!!) XIF is a good example of a good offensive Peach

Orochi Riku... where in SOVA do you live?-

Top Bottom