• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach edgeguarding techniques

Naut

Smash Rookie
I have a huge problem edgeguarding Peach when she recovers high. It seems no matter what I do, she can always come back when she recovers high. I also don't know how to cover both the high and low option when she tries her parasol shenanigans. It seems like she can react to whichever option i choose; If I go high, she drops, and if I stay low she stays high.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Anticipate her going high and react to her going low. If she's trying to get back on from on high, you might be able to get her farther back if you get a juicy bair (PPMD does this a lot). If she still wants to go high, you might be able to just get a uair and bully her with more uairs until she either dies or gets down. You add on % either way. If she elects to go low, try dtilting her before she can grab the ledge, and if she slips past you (still in dtilt), attempt to run to the left and immediately WD right to grab the ledge again so you can get an edgehog on her. If they try to use their upB to knock you off of the edge, you should be able to use Scar's "Press L edgeguard" and just roll up and laugh as she slowly drifts down to her death.

AirFair

Marth tho
If you know your hitboxes, you can position yourself better. Usually, you look for a bair or a fair. Keep them trying to recover. If they go low then just try for a dtilt. Usually, you don't take the edge as often unless she is using her upB low enough to where you can steal it.

Even if she is at the edge, it's fine, because you can usually react to all of her options from it and revert back to edgeguarding.

Naut

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice, guys. It's super frustrating getting her off stage and being unable to close it out, yknow?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
If you're in a scenario where Peach is mid-height above the ledge and floating back on her parasol, try facing away from the ledge and crouch. If she floats onto stage, hit her. If she crosses the imaginary line past which she MUST go for the ledge, wavedash back and you'll get an edgehog.

In general, whack her off and let her keep coming back. Eventually she won't come back.

Top Bottom