• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Combo Video Tutorial (part 2/2)

EOE

Smash Apprentice

Percentage ranges within which each combo will connect are shown below in the following format:
percentage range: follow-up (damage, combo)
Please note that these ranges are very general and will vary between characters. Even so, they are a good guide to use alongside the video to perfect your Peach combos!

Turnip Throw:

Most percents: use F-air (23, 2)
Most percents (Aerial Opponent): use F-air (23, 2)
Low percents (0-5) (Opponent on platform): use N-air ? Turnip Down Throw ? N-air ? Grab ? D-throw ? B-air (61, 7)

Float D-air:

Low percents (0-10): use D-air ? Turnip Throw ? N-air (41, 10) or Up-B (39, 15)
Mid percents (40-60): use Turnip Throw ? N-air (31, 6)

Short-hop Turnip Down Throw (SHTDT):

Low percents (0-10): use SHTDT ? D-smash (36, 7)
Low percents (0-40): use SHTDT ? Grab ? D-throw ? B-air (43, 5)
Low-Mid percents (0-50): use SHTDT ? Jab (27, 4)
Low-Mid percents (0-50): use SHTDT ? F-tilt (29, 3)
Mid percents (20-50): use SHTDT ? Dash Attack (32, 4)
Mid percents (20-50): use SHTDT ? D-tilt ? F-air (45, 4)
Mid-High percents (30-80): use SHTDT ? F-smash (35, 3)
Mid-Very High percents (35-?): use F-air (26, 2)

Turnip Lock:

(fully explained in video)

Minted

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aminterasu
This is amazing to see for a peach player new to smashboards like myself, especially since the great video editing makes these crazy combos easy(er) to imitate!

I'm having trouble z grabbing the turnip after the first sh dthrow and airdodge grab it alot instead. Is there a specific timing you need to get the regrab and also amount of momentum to follow up afterwards?

SHTDT->fair is a nice kill setup, I can see it getting a lot of use. It'll be interesting to see whether/how the custom light veggie down b changes these combos

Last edited:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
amazing video. I need to hit the lab and get those jab locks down for interesting kill set ups.

I see Peach having a larger ceiling than most characters. This video reminded me why I enjoy using Peach the most compared to other characters.

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Wow, this is amazing (especially that turnip lock)!

I'll go practise these combos right away!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
amazing video. I need to hit the lab and get those jab locks down for interesting kill set ups.

I see Peach having a larger ceiling than most characters. This video reminded me why I enjoy using Peach the most compared to other characters.
She does have a high skill ceiling since hovering alone is a game changer. Then turnips bring something different since they act so weird and move so slowly. A fast projectile shoots out, is dealt with, and then no worries. A slow one lingers... And then you get distracted... And then ouch, I got hit by a turnip from the heavens above. Her turnips are also the only projectile to allow for a bevy of aerial follow ups that are essentially true combos.

Last edited:

BurgleTurd

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurgleTurd
I was wondering when part 2 was going to come out! This has brought turnips into a light I've never seen before for such combos. Super excited now to get back to training.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Augh so much I need to practice! THANK you <3

BurgleTurd

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurgleTurd
@ EOE EOE What's the trick to doing a consistent Short-hop Turnip Down Trow when catching the turnip for the second down throw? Most of the time I go into air-dodge and I can't figure what exactly prevents the dodge from being triggered.

Last edited:

EOE

Smash Apprentice
@ EOE EOE What's the trick to doing a consistent Short-hop Turnip Down Trow when catching the turnip for the second down throw? Most of the time I go into air-dodge and I can't figure what exactly prevents the dodge from being triggered.
It's normal to go into air-dodge when re-grabbing the turnip. The trick that makes these combos possible is the ability to cancel the air-dodge into another Turnip Down Throw (immediately input Turnip Down Throw after you regrab the Turnip). I recommend practising at 1/2 speed in Training mode.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
@ EOE EOE Is it me or did it became harder to nair lock in this game? Last time I usually just then float, but the opponents go so far away that I have to jump a little farther to footstool him, but when I jump farther sometimes he goes on the other side and this usually confuses me to go bair or nair.

Skull567890

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skull567890
Intriguing. Got rusty with Peach, so this should overall help out.

Top Bottom