• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAX Pokemon

finalark

SNORLAX
Found this on the escapist and I thought I would share.

So at this year's PAX a group of Pokemon fans set up a real-life Pokemon League with Gym Leaders, an Elite Four and a champion along with Team Rocket running around causing trouble. Just spot a Gym Leader, get your DS ready and challenge them to a battle. If you win, you get a badge, and if you get enough badges you can challenge the elite four and eventually the champion. Sounds like it was a lot of fun, and they're apparently doing it again at next year's PAX. I wish I was there for this, it sounds like it was a ton of fun.

Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ersroom/8151-Writers-Room-Pokemon-Made-Real.2

M.K

Level 55
How fun. That would be an absolute blast. I wonder how they decided Gym Leaders? And I'd love to collect badges. Gah, that sounds really fun.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
That's pretty amazing. I was supposed to go to PAX this year but tickets were all sold out before I could get to them. This is major incentive for me to go next year though.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I hear they will have a similar "Pokémon League", but for drinking. Whether that's true or not, I intend to go to the next PAX. Assuming the drinking league will occur, I may very well do that too.

Here's a bit of what I've heard:

The league will have eight gyms and an E4. Instead of Pokémon battles, you're asked Pokémon trivia questions. Get a question wrong, and you take a shot of whatever drink the gym specializes in.

That's as far as I know. I so hope that's true, 'cause it sounds like a ton of fun! XD

Top Bottom