• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patches?

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
why nintendo cant programm a patchsystem for brawl? so if u go online you download a file which updates the chars?

making the bad ones stronger and weakening the good ones?

like changing the damage, the knockback and the hitstun for an attack?
that would be only somekind of ...umm...table so it wont have a big size^^
and maybe changing the ending lag and starting lag(dunno haw this is called^^) aswell

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's already been confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai himself that there will be no downloadable content or patches for Brawl. Stop bringing it up.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
It's already been confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai himself that there will be no downloadable content or patches for Brawl. Stop bringing it up.
I'm guessing that what he's talking about is user-made patches. I went to a tourney yesterday and one of the long time smashers who I trust was telling me that someone in the community hacked brawl to remove tripping and the issue with port priority. I wish I asked more about it but I was in the middle of a match =-/.

I'm fully confident that the patching he was talking about exists and is true. It's just a matter of can we force each Wii to have an SD card that alters the game.

I think so xD.

Akashi

Smash Lord
It does exist, and there's multiple threads about it. They're just reconfiguring the programming of Tripping and getting rid of the possibility (through changing the code itself) that it'll occur. There's plenty of ways to "hack" brawl (via LoZ: OoT and LoZ: TP channels), but I really doubt that it'll be used in tourneys anytime soon. ALTHOUGH, the reason alone that it erases a luck factor could potentially push itself into a rule for any respectable tourney (Axis is coming to mind, god that should have some epic videos).

Top Bottom