• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.15 Discussion

Eren Swaeger

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mechs246
3DS FC
0533-6950-4814
So, a new update and no changes to rockman. It's sad because the more he is left out of these changes, the more he is forgotten about and just gets worse as a character. Anything you wanna share about my opinion or how 1.15 may effect matchups for megaman? Of course any other feedback is welcomed.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Basically every top tier got nerfed except Rosalina, I think Megaman will be just fine.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Looking at the data, it seems like this patch was aimed at specific characters, mainly the ones that have been dominant. Sheik has been finally nerfed, and from the looks of it, it's still a bad MU, but not as unwinnable. Some of the lower characters like Samus were given some pretty solid buffs.

Since most characters weren’t changed (Mega Man being one of them sadly), there may be more patches in the future to address some of the mid tier characters. All I want is less endlag on Smash attacks, since Mega Man has a lot of hidden potential already. Here's to more updates in the future.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
This patch was a huge mega man buff since it nerfed 2-3 of some of our worst match ups.

This is def putting mega man in a solid spot for a viable solo main.

Greward

Smash Lord
nerfs to top tiers are indirect buffs to lower tiered characters, which is very nice

still i wish they buff megaman kill power somewhere, maybe next patch

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
This patch was a huge mega man buff since it nerfed 2-3 of some of our worst match ups.

This is def putting mega man in a solid spot for a viable solo main.
I still say we should have less endlag on all our Smash attacks and F-Air, but having some of our worst MU's nerfed does help in the long run.

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
Lets all take comfort jn the fact that zigma upper and downward blade upper kill sheckles at 70. Thats our golden number now.

My highly unrealistic hopes for buffs would be cb sticking through shield or jumpcancelable slide, like in the games

More realistically, id like usmash to have tighter hitboxes to catch people from ledge, and bair to have better damage on the first two hits and possibly connect into the launch hit better

Last edited:

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
After this patch Mega Man is in the best state ever so far in smash 4. He didn't place high in Zeros tier list even though he credited Scatt. But people don't know about Mega Man. Also I think Swag would be a force to reckon with if he entered more tournaments.

Top Bottom