• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.11 changes

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
I played him really quickly, and saw nothing really huge except maybe a Fair landing lag reduced but that's probably placebo

On the other hand, Thinkaman in the patch discussion thread said there was multiple changes for him, hope it's not some nerfs

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
I am definitely anxious about this. Ike being changed again is interesting, though, at the same time, probably isn't too surprising, considering his history with updates.

I am hoping that these are, at the very least, subtle but good changes. It would be unfortunate if Ike ends up taking a nerf, especially since the character is still struggling in the Japanese meta and that his tourney presence has yet to materialize on a national scale.

^-^

Last edited:

Crelrn

Smash Cadet
NNID
1800HOTLINEBLING
3DS FC
3582-9752-3403
Super anxious over here haha
I'm praying for more character buffs, though. Would like to see more characters becoming tournament viable...

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Thinkaman found several changes to Ike's customs. I'm too sleepy to fish them up for you, sorry.

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Winderuption, Furious Eruption and Smashcounter got huge Buffs.
Something feels different, when using normal Aether to me but dunno.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Winderuption, Furious Eruption and Smashcounter got huge Buffs.
Something feels different, when using normal Aether to me but dunno.
Aether in 1/4 mode looks different than before..

Unyielding blade also seems to last a few frames longer. I don't think it's much worse than the others anymore since you can super armor back to the stage, and it has good synergy with diagonal and normal aether. It's just.. worse in a usable sort of way if you really feel like it.

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
It seemed to me like they changed the initial hit.
Aether also seemed to connect worse.

Didn't have enough time to test it proberly, perhaps just placebo.

Last edited:

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
Yeah, that's why we know these changes.

Anyway, do you think that shield stun could make Ike better since he most of his move are quite unsafe ?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
He's more safe on his normals. Jab 1/2 are even more safe than before, d-tilt is even more useful. N-Air/F-Air/B-Air/U-Air are getting really safe on shield and d-air? Who cares!

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
He's more safe on his normals. Jab 1/2 are even more safe than before, d-tilt is even more useful. N-Air/F-Air/B-Air/U-Air are getting really safe on shield and d-air? Who cares!
Are these changes on his normal moves confirmed?

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, who wants to mess around with Nair, see if we can get anything off of it now that when perfectly timed its positive on shield?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Can somebody with the patch test a spaced Nair -> Full Jab combo for me? See if the opponent is stuck in shield stun that time, if we can reach them, and how much shield damage it does.

D

Deleted member 269706

Is the shield stun increase a global thing? Isn't that a double edged sword then.
If I'm not mistaken, this goes in favor of the more agressive player. When you're in shield while attacked, you can't just get out and grab or tilt immediately. It's safer for the person who is throwing out the attacks. I also heard on the Falcon sub-forum that jab1 > jab2 > grab is generally easier to pull off. Though take it with a grain of salt, I have no confirmation on it, but it sounds pretty feasible.

Romans

Smash Rookie
NNID
cshamilton
The changes to shield-stun are indeed global.
Yes, this is a double edged sword as others will be able to pressure us in shield better. However, I think this does good for Ike as his great range allows him to space others out.
With this change in the meta spacing will be huge as shield decreases in effectiveness. I think Ike's neutral excels off precise spacing and now basically all his aerials are safe on shield.
It's an indirect buff I think.

Then again, this is all theoretical. Only time will tell.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm not sure I like the sounds of this, myself. Doesn't this mean that characters with quick and lagless moves like Sheik will be even more safe now? Making life much more difficult for characters that were balanced around waiting for the right time to strike.

Also... is it my imagination or is Ragnell glowing now during the freeze frame of Ike's Aether victory pose?

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I'm not sure I like the sounds of this, myself. Doesn't this mean that characters with quick and lagless moves like Sheik will be even more safe now? Making life much more difficult for characters that were balanced around waiting for the right time to strike.

Also... is it my imagination or is Ragnell glowing now during the freeze frame of Ike's Aether victory pose?
the shield stun is based on a formula that factors in damage. Quick lagless aerials are usually pretty weak so shield stun doesn't increase as much as shield stun from powerful aerials.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I realize that, but it still means more shield stun is being given to attacks that were already very safe and fast, if the theorized formula is correct. In fact, the formula being correct would mean that these light attacks gain the most from this change proportionally, as a quick weak move like Sheik's Fair would have given hitstun of just under 2 under the old formula, whereas it's just under 6 with the new one, whatever those results mean. (Frames of hitstun?)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think dealing with values is better than % in this situation. Ike's aerials are around -4 to -7 on shield. Now they're 5 frames safer, while weak hits are 3-4 frames safer. Weak hits aren't necessarily safe on shield.

Low lag, high damage, good reach, good disjoint. Have some of these and you'll be good.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
So, overall, does the increased shieldstun buff or nerf Ike? Is it still too early to tell?

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
With proper spacing, I think Ike is good.

Also remember that Bair is one of his most powerful attacks and it autocancels. I think you can even pressure the opponent's shield with that

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
B-Air was already a decent option vs shields before, so I'm sure it's good now.

I haven't really played since this last update though.

Top Bottom