• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.10 Wario changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The latest update got rid of old replays (which usually means gameplay adjustments) and other characters seem to have gotten changes. Did Wario receive any buffs or nerfs?

Last edited:

Roots

Smash Cadet
He doesn't feel any different to me, but feeling isn't really useful when we're talking about minor changes

Last edited:

ElDood

Smash Cadet
I'm downloading the update as we speak, but if possible, could someone test to see if we got the edge slide back?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I have a good background in brawl modding so I can read the code to some degree, here's the changes that are on Dantarion's mastercore. Just giving general stuff, nothing specific until I get more time.

All Wario got was a change to his dash attack which seems to have literally 1-2 values changed. Those don't seem to be KB changes, so I'm not sure. Maybe the gfx of the hitbox (when it connects) was changed? But nothing major

You guys can choose to believe me or not, but I implore you guys to check out my background in brawl coding both on Smashboards and KCMM.

ElDood

Smash Cadet
IT'S BACK!!! IT'S BACK!!!

I tested the edge tackle on Ganondorf's up B and Ness's PK thunder 2! It's stricter than it originally was for Ganondorf but it works again! And for Ness? IT WORKS EVERY TIME!!!!!

Having trouble pulling it off on Mario. Maybe character specific? Or just stricter? I dunno.

Ness is a lock for sure though.

Just did an online match. Actually got it to work against Mario.

I'm absolutely sure it's back. I urge all of you guys to try it out online and post your results.

Last edited by a moderator:

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
Is it me or is the first hit of Wario's Nair faster then it was?

Original: 4 frames

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The only change that happened to Wario is that sourspot Dash Attack went from ground-only to hitting both grounded and aerial opponents. Yes, this means you can hit people snapping to the ledge again.

This is technically not a full-blown buff, as it could previously be used on landing opponents to get a trip state by being under them as they land. That's no longer possible because an air hit will not cause the opponent to trip.

Last edited:

ElDood

Smash Cadet
The only change that happened to Wario is that sourspot Dash Attack went from ground-only to hitting both grounded and aerial opponents. Yes, this means you can hit people snapping to the ledge again.

This is technically not a full-blown buff, as it could previously be used on landing opponents to get a trip state by being under them as they land. That's no longer possible because an air hit will not cause the opponent to trip.
Fair enough. I think the ledge abilities outweigh the air tripping so I'm happy, but I can see how that might negatively affect other Warios.

I'm happy though.

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
Fair enough. I think the ledge abilities outweigh the air tripping so I'm happy, but I can see how that might negatively affect other Warios.

I'm happy though.
It's so worth it against most of the cast like Rosalina!

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It's a bit unfortunate that it only works on characters who hold their heads above the ledge. though.

Characters who hang low by a single arm like Sheik and Marth are a no-go.

Meleemaster5000

Smash Apprentice
How could Wario not receive a major buff? His match ups are terrible. His foward smash is useless on better players. His foward smash should be speed up. Either thT or give him his ****in brawl f smash

Ulti-Mario

Smash Champion
NNID
DeCorey
Sakurai stop buffing fire emblem characters n buff characters that do need buffs like wario, bowser jr, wifi fit trainer, olimar n possibly dark pit

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wario's a fine character. Wii Fit Trainer got more buffs than any other character in the most recent patch. Pit and Dark Pit are fine characters. There isn't really anything to discuss now that we know the single basically-buff that Wario got, which is something we've been making use of before it was made ground-only in 1.08.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom