• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PATCH !1.1.5 OUT OF NOWHERE!?

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Sombody please check this character. it's our time to shine guys!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Can confirm that Fair was buffed 1% from 8% to 9%
Everything else is the same, damage wise, as far as I can tell.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
I can't check the frame data yet so I need somebody else to do it. Her frame data was probably buffed

Kathuzada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kathuzada
NAir has a damage buff aswell
Nair damage buffed multihit: 1.5% -> 1.6%, last hit: 4% -> 5%

Last edited:

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Palutena's Auto-Reticle do 9% before? I'm on the 3DS and it's doing 8%.

Also, DSmash seems like it has less startup lag. It could be a placebo though.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
im glad she's getting damage buffs.
buts its not a overall fix to her.

Her Ftilt needs like +10 shield damage or something to make it useful as it is now

i would love a 6 frame jab instead of an 8 :/

and her counter omfg worst frame data but yet one of the weakest

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
It's like the life force of one of my mains was slowly sucked into the other one. Law of matter or something like that.

Corrin fair/nair: -1%
Palu fair/nair: +1%

Yeah I'm interested to see how this effects combos, and nair will be slightly better at killing than it was before!

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
It's like the life force of one of my mains was slowly sucked into the other one. Law of matter or something like that.

Yeah I'm interested to see how this effects combos, and nair will be slightly better at killing than it was before!

It has a Sakurai angle so IDK
I'm sure her fair now can combo into itself easier
probably placebo, could be wrong though
Didn't Palutena's Auto-Reticle do 9% before? I'm on the 3DS and it's doing 8%.

Also, DSmash seems like it has less startup lag. It could be a placebo though.
Training mode is stupid sometimes, it comes up as 8 but AR does 3.6? so it doesn't read it in training mode. I hope down smash gets buffed 72 FAF is stupid af.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Buffs so far:
  • Rapid Jab Finisher Damage: 3 -> 3.5
  • Nair Multihit/Final Damage: 1.5/4 -> 1.7/5
  • Fair Damage: 8 -> 9
  • Fair KBG: 100 -> 92
  • Fair BKB: 30 -> 31

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
Can someone explain the significance of small damage buffs? Aerolink said it would make Fair safer on shield, but I don't understand.

It would be nice if they buffed the underused moves. It's cool that she's gotten something though.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Can someone explain the significance of small damage buffs? Aerolink said it would make Fair safer on shield, but I don't understand.

It would be nice if they buffed the underused moves. It's cool that she's gotten something though.
More damage = more shield stun

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
So that's all the buffs for now ?

To be hnoest I don't think that will change her a lot

C3CC

Smash Lord
Well, the changes are too minor and won't change that she's utter crap. I dropped her a long time ago as one of my mains and I really hope I can return to her someday. I only use her for non-serious fights with items and stuff, because she's very fun to use, but she's not very effective and it's very hard to win with her...

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
The current shieldstun formula is (X/1.75) + 2 rounded down.
X= the damage of the move
so
1.1.4 Fair is 8% which is 6 frames
1.1.5 Fair is 9% which is 7 frames

not much but i guess we take those

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
7 frames shield stun is pretty nice!

Palutena's main weaknesses are her grounded frame data, bad jab startup time and her smashes have unreasonably long end lag.

She does have some of the best aerials in the game though, but I have found that relying on those too much leads to pretty predictable play, especially on FD/Smashville stages

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
I am SO happy to see the Goddess getting buffs this patch. Although I feel she still needs a bit of an extra push.

Frame 3 neutral jab would be cool, a reflect that acts as a wall that pushes opponents away would be great (Plus it force opponents to go into the air which is exactly where Palutena wants them, or roll where she can line it up with a jab) I feel her dash attack could be carried a bit further, maybe not too much but enough distance to where it feels like she almost stops dead in her tracks, maybe faster at turning around, f-tilt could be faster, auto-reticle's range reaching further

I'd love to see all of that at least considered if there's somehow another patch, but hey it's a good start. At least she's getting SOMETHING and I couldn't be any happier.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I'm definitely feeling the extra power; it's extra damage on every single throw combo.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
I'm definitely feeling the extra power; it's extra damage on every single throw combo.
Mind telling me what you've been doing with her? I'm going to be messing around with her more tomorrow and I'd like to know where to start messing around with her changes.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Jab1 > Nair is practically a kill confirm on every floaty character

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Mind telling me what you've been doing with her? I'm going to be messing around with her more tomorrow and I'd like to know where to start messing around with her changes.
I'm just taking her for a spin on For Glory; it feels ever-so-slightly easier to rack up damage

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
Frame 3 jab would make it a different move really.
I think it could do with a frame or two off, but it mostly needs a hitbox that covers the area in front of Palutena.
Also she already has one of the best grabs in the game

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
Actually I just got thinking. What if her b-air could reflect projectiles? Since she uses the shield. Imagine someone being all like "GOTCHA YA!" And Palutena is all like "Nope." And just back hands the projectile back?

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Mathmatically this only works out to--assuming you use entirely Dthrow combos--somewhere around 10% extra per stock in an optimal situation

I guess that's one fewer Dthrow combos you need to get to kill percent but it really doesn't add up to all that much in reality. The extra shield stun is probably the best addition to fair, I find the damage negligible.

Sakurai must be terrified of overturning this character because she only ever moves by millimeters. I don't understand the KBG nerf either. I don't entirely understand the knockback formula though, I guess it's possible that BKB makes up for it, but I doubt it.

AceAttorneyFreak

Smash Rookie
Her dash movement feels slower and dgrab feels like it has more knockback (upwards) at low percents. Am I crazy?

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Her dash movement feels slower and dgrab feels like it has more knockback (upwards) at low percents. Am I crazy?
That's definitely placebo, it hasn't changed at all
Mathmatically this only works out to--assuming you use entirely Dthrow combos--somewhere around 10% extra per stock in an optimal situation

I guess that's one fewer Dthrow combos you need to get to kill percent but it really doesn't add up to all that much in reality. The extra shield stun is probably the best addition to fair, I find the damage negligible.

Sakurai must be terrified of overturning this character because she only ever moves by millimeters. I don't understand the KBG nerf either. I don't entirely understand the knockback formula though, I guess it's possible that BKB makes up for it, but I doubt it.
The KBG nerf was so she can't KO with fair that's all. It would have been a kill move if it was left alone doe to the % increase that's all. And nair with no stale is a pretty reliable KO move at high %s (130%) and also true combos after jab1 so we actually gained a kill confirm this patch on the low, and edge guarding with rapid jab is now viable because a the last hit finisher (3% > 3.5%) was enough to make it a consistent KO move at the ledge at 120%~130% (rage also helps both nair and jab finisher allot). These buffs are more beneficial than they seem on first speculation. They're actually really good tbh.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
That's definitely placebo, it hasn't changed at all

The KBG nerf was so she can't KO with fair that's all. It would have been a kill move if it was left alone doe to the % increase that's all. And nair with no stale is a pretty reliable KO move at high %s (130%) and also true combos after jab1 so we actually gained a kill confirm this patch on the low, and edge guarding with rapid jab is now viable because a the last hit finisher (3% > 3.5%) was enough to make it a consistent KO move at the ledge at 120%~130% (rage also helps both nair and jab finisher allot). These buffs are more beneficial than they seem on first speculation. They're actually really good tbh.
Interesting !! I can't wait to test this

Top Bottom