• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.2 Incoming

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wish I had known this patch would be pushed last night! I played some great matches last night, wake up so I can share some of my replays this morning, and find out 1.1.2 has already been installed and all my replays broken. Ugh!
And they say that you shouldn't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today. Today pretty much proved that statement with the new update's installation.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
wish I wasn't out of touch this week ... my poor replays never had a chance to see another light!

#RIPreplays

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
he was 100% immune to grabs after....something. I forgot what you needed to do to trigger it (there's a YouTube video on it, just search Diddy immune to grabs or something like that) but yea once it triggered he couldn't get grabbed at all.

edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
All the kids whining about lengthy load times never knew the struggle of the 90's gamers. Yeah there's a bit of load time, but after the start, that's pretty much it.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
All the kids whining about lengthy load times never knew the struggle of the 90's gamers. Yeah there's a bit of load time, but after the start, that's pretty much it.
I don't remember seeing any load times on my SNES :p

Anyway, is it confirmed that the only change in 1.1.2 is the Diddy bug fix?

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Well, the Diddy bug fix is the only thing mentioned in the notification. Not even stuff like "changes to enhance gameplay experience," if I read it right.

Which is weird, because this would be pretty much the first time Nintendo's released any specific patch notes for the game.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Agreed. Glad it didn't take too long to patch
In programming terms, this is what we'd call an "edge case", or maybe even a "corner case". There are a lot of conditions that have to be just right for the bug to even have a chance of appearing. Short of testing every character shield dropping against every move and type of move. While it's exceptionally odd that it only applied to Diddy, it's not very surprising that it wasn't caught.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So the patch only fixed the Diddy glitch, huh? I guess I have to update my game again and mess around offline for a while and then take another break from Smash again.

I'm not worried about the replays because I've never saved any since the patch before it.

Top Bottom