• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.0.6 Discussion/Placebo Effect General

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
:4metaknight:Confirmed changes:
  • Dimensional Cape's On-Stage RCO Lag removed!
Needs further confirmation:
  • N-Air landing lag reduced?

| 1.0.5 Hit Frames | 1.0.6 Hit Frames | 1.0.5 Ending Lag | 1.0.6 Ending Lag
Jab | 6, :yeahboi:, 30 | | 34 | 34
Dash Attack | 7-11 | | 16 | 16
F-Tilt | 6, 12, 17 | | 30 | 30
U-Tilt | 8-10, 8-14, 11-14 | | 18 | 18
D-Tilt | 3-4 | | 12 | 12
Side Smash | 24 | | 14 | 14
Up Smash | 8, 12, 17 | | 28 | 28
Down Smash | 4, 9 | | 24 | 24
N-Air | 6-7, 8-20 | | Landing 20 | Landing 18?
F-Air | 9, 12, 15 | | Landing 20 | Landing 20
B-Air | 7-8, 13-14, 20-21 | | Landing 18 | Landing 18
U-Air | 6 | | Landing 18 | Landing 18
D-Air | 4 | | Landing 22 | Landing 22
Grab | 7-8 | | 22 | 22
Dash Grab | 9-10 | | 24 | 24
Pivot Grab | 9-10 | | 18 | 18
Mach Tornado | 12, :yeahboi: | 12 | 44 | 44
Drill Rush | 22, :yeahboi:, 56 | | Grounded 20 | Grounded 20
Shuttle Loop | 8, 20 | | Landing 24| Landing 24
Dimensional Cape | 34 | | Slash 56 | Slash 56
Frame data is hand-tested until a frame dump is available. May be off by a frame or two.

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Reading there was a maintenance for Nintendo Network, I think, around 11:50-2am PT, morning of 15th (this was on Nintendo Everything or one of those sites, can't seem to find it again and not entirely sure on its credibility), so there's still some time.

Regardless my advice is to maybe write it down elsewhere then post here, after all if last time was any indication...
A storm approaches......
Crashboards.......
is coming.......

Last edited:

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
I'll keep my 3DS with the previous version for testings to avoid the ****ton of placebo effects we had last patch. And please guys try not to spread misinformation / stuff that wasn't tested to other boards! :)

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
hopefully there will be something good. is there a current %damage chart for each move? I'll need to reference it while I test moves

Last edited:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Let's make sure somebody can test landing lag on aerials too cause I'm not gonna be the one to do that

warionumbah2

Smash Master
hopefully there will be something good. is there a current %damage chart for each move? I'll need to reference it while I test moves
Ground Moves
Jab - 9% or 10%
Ftilt - 7%
Utilt - Sourspot 5%/Sweetspot 7%
Dtilt - 5%
Dash Attack - Sweetspot 6%/Sourspot 5%

Smash Attacks
F-Smash - Uncharge 16%/Fully Charged 22%
D-Smash - Uncharged Front - 7% Back 10%/Fully Charged Front 9% Back 14%
U-Smash - Uncharged 9%/Fully Charged 12%

Throws
Down Throw - 7%
Up Throw - 10%
Back Throw - 10%
Forward Throw - 9%

Aerials
Nair - Sweetspot 10%/Sourspot 7%
Dair - 6%
Bair - 7% or 8%(first 2 hits apparently do more damage to grounded opponents same goes for Fair)
Uair - 5%
Fair - 6% or 7%

Specials
Tornado - 23%/On Bowser Jr and Jump Shulk 26%
Shuttle Loop - Ground 15%/Aerial 12%
Dimensional Cape - 15% (stationary slash on the ground)/14% (retreating slash)/16% (advancing slash and stationary slash in the air.)
Drill Rush - 10%

I'm not getting my hopes up for this patch, if my expectation is low then I'll either not feel too gutted or I'll jump for joy if he gets buffed. If there's any inconsistencies with the damage list just tell me. We should also check his kill moves and combo's.

Keep the placebo effect bullcrap in reddit or something i dunno, its hella annoying seeing stuff like that.

I think @ Katakiri Katakiri will check the frame data.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
META KNIGHTS LAG INSTALL IS GONE. WE DID IT BOYS.

Edit:

There have been no changes to the % damage on any of his moves. The knock back appears to be the same for all of his moves as well.

Last edited:

V23

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yvesdev
META KNIGHTS LAG INSTALL IS GONE. WE DID IT BOYS.

Edit:

There have been no changes to the % damage on any of his moves. The knock back appears to be the same for all of his moves as well.
Remind me? the thing with the cape?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Remind me? the thing with the cape?
The thing with the cape. Previously if you used the move to transition from air to ground or ground to air, even if you landed with the lag on the stage, it would retain it as if you didn't land, and would incur landing lag again next time you landed. It's gone now.

V23

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yvesdev
The thing with the cape. Previously if you used the move to transition from air to ground or ground to air, even if you landed with the lag on the stage, it would retain it as if you didn't land, and would incur landing lag again next time you landed. It's gone now.
Huzaah! time to install update and do more bat testing

warionumbah2

Smash Master
**** yeah turn up, don't need to switch mains afterall since they basically fixed him like I said.

Edit: we also need to check the diddy MU again because now we can take him to helberd with no worries. the top tiers may have been toned down increasing MKs power indirectly.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I finished testing his ending lag frames. It seems N-Air was buffed to having 18 landing lag frames rather than 20. Mach Tornado gave me mixed results on the start-up but its hitboxes are weird to begin with, I don't think it was changed

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
Sonic, Diddy & Sheik may have to be rediscussed considering the nerfs they had. I think we now stand a chance against sonic.
I tested startup on nado on 3DS and wii u, seems the same to me.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
All of Meta Knight's free fall states now allow him to regrab the ledge. I am so happy right now. The thing I hated the most about this character has been changed. Thank god.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
:4mewtwo:

Tall and light, he's around rosalina light since dtilt popped him off at 94%
Dash attack into tornado works o him (sucks because he's also lightlol)
Big hurtbox making him easy combo food

His upsmash killed me at 105% though, might be my poor DI.
dash attack into shuttle loop kills him at 96% no rage, hes basically what MK loves. Tall and light.

Last edited:

AyeYoDeji

Smash Rookie
NNID
AyeYoDeji
3DS FC
2337-5487-0135
correct me if i am wrong: tornado damage output was nerfed. it is no longer possible to get 23% no matter how hard u mash

V23

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yvesdev
All of Meta Knight's free fall states now allow him to regrab the ledge. I am so happy right now. The thing I hated the most about this character has been changed. Thank god.
Confirmed confirmed? lets say i **** up and Cape with my face oppsite to the ledge i get snapped to it regardless :D?!

edit: i tested torando and i was practically kissing the ledge yet i didnt snap to it:(

_

correct me if i am wrong: tornado damage output was nerfed. it is no longer possible to get 23% no matter how hard u mash
22% best i got

Last edited:

AyeYoDeji

Smash Rookie
NNID
AyeYoDeji
3DS FC
2337-5487-0135
Confirmed confirmed? lets say i **** up and Cape with my face oppsite to the ledge i get snapped to it regardless :D?!
no. drill rush free fall animation still doesn't grab ledge in the first few frames.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
There's a period of time after using tornado, drill, and dimensional cape attack where you're spinning and can't grab the ledge. You used to be in that state permanently until you reach the ground and sometimes you were stuck in that state even after landing. The latter no longer happens and all those states eventually go into free fall states which should cause Meta Knight to suicide a hell of a lot less. This makes his drill considerably safer to use off stage and tornado safer to use off stage from a certain height. Using tornado and Dimensional Cape close to the edge will net you an SD though. Out of these three moves, his drill leaves that spinning falling animation the quickest. Before, none of these moves under these circumstances would allow you to regrab the edge.

Last edited:

AyeYoDeji

Smash Rookie
NNID
AyeYoDeji
3DS FC
2337-5487-0135
Tornado deals the same amount of damage.
tornado used to max out at 23% damage and i used to get it consistently. I've tried about 20 times now and i have only been able to get 22%

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
tornado used to max out at 23% damage and i used to get it consistently. I've tried about 20 times now and i have only been able to get 22%
It was that same way in the last patch. The 23% is very rare.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I'll be blunt. I have been up for over 24 hours and I think I just simply forgot certain moves from a certain height allowed you to do that. Doing additional testing and it's clear I was too optimistic. W/e, ****. The frames where he's unable to regrab it are longer than I initially thought. Apologies for accidentally misleading people. I think I was just too hopeful with this patch. At least his forward air is a hell of a lot more useful now and that horrible Dimensional Cape glitch is gone.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
I'll be blunt. I have been up for over 24 hours and I think I just simply forgot certain moves from a certain height allowed you to do that. Doing additional testing and it's clear I was too optimistic. W/e, ****. The frames where he's unable to regrab it are longer than I initially thought. Apologies for accidentally misleading people. I think I was just too hopeful with this patch. At least his forward air is a hell of a lot more useful now and that horrible Dimensional Cape glitch is gone.
Fair got buffed?

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
i havent noticed any changes except the rco lag removal. i also dont think the matchup vs diddy and sheik got any better tbh, but sonic definitely is far better now.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
i havent noticed any changes except the rco lag removal. i also dont think the matchup vs diddy and sheik got any better tbh, but sonic definitely is far better now.
Why do you think the MUs for 2 nerfed top tiers isn't any better? Diddy's reward out of grabs is significantly worse and Sheiks bair apparently got weaker, but you probably still think they 70:30 us but we'll see what the future holds i suppose.
@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2
Do you SH tornado or just tornado?
Just tornado.

Last edited:

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
mmmmm diddys reward out of grab is definitely not significantly worse. it is worse overall but not by much. let me explain the current state of diddys current grab game. diddy should always use upthrow, down throw is essentially useless and outclassed in every way.

upthrow does 8% as opposed to 6% and unlike down throw has a nearly completely vertical angle which makes it essentially un-diable.

0-10% upthrow-upairs does at least 19%
10-30% upthrow-bairx2 does 25%
30-100% upthrow-fair or bair does at least 17%
100-130% upthrow-upair is death

the problem with upthrow in the previous patch was that it had high base knockback, so past about 60% or so you could only get upthrow-upair on most characters and that would kill only within a small range of like 80-90% or so, but in this patch upthrow scales very slowly so theres a huge window of about 30% where upthrow-upair is an unavoidable, undiable kill. it also reliably lets you get fair out of upthrow, which is more damage than what down-throw upair was in the previous patch. diddy is doing less damage off of grabs on average sure but it isnt by much, and hes getting a large window at around 100-130% where upthrow-upair is unavoidable and kills as well which is pretty ********.

in addition to all that its not like diddy's neutral got worse, ****s still as amazing as ever. sheiks back air nerf sucks for her but shes still good. sonics kill throw getting removed is just unbelievably bad for him though, nothing else the top tiers lost even compares.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Makes me wonder why they increased the knockback to down throw, but reduced the knockback to up throw. They should've just left his throws alone.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Taken from the Sonic boards:

• SDJ damage cut in half (3% now). SCJ still 6%;
  • WHAT THEY NERFED ASDR DAMAGE HOW DID THEY EVEN KN- oh right, maybe due to nerfing SDJ they probably tweaked ASDR without even knowing it existed because our rolls are so well programmed;
  • SDR max damage NEEEEEERFED: 7% instead of 10%
  • SCR hits for 2% only (would occasionally hit 3% before)
  • just when you thought they couldn't nerf it anymore.. ASC is a singlehit move now (ASDR too)
  • wow, they've actually corrected the "throw item before landing after Spring" glitch
  • seems easier to SDR->Bair now (no SDJ), even uncharged
  • BSBS untouched
  • Spring warp untouched
  • turning around in a run doesn't make us go slower anymore, I think
Sonic acronyms for those who don't know (I play the character):

SDJ: Spin Dash Jump
SDR: Spin Dash Roll (Side-B)
SCR: Spin Charge Roll (Down-B)
ASC (Aerial Spin Charge)
ASDR Aerial Spin Dash Roll
BSBS (Brawl Spring Bug Stance) - Its the glitch where that causes Sonic to be stuck in SD if he doesnt touch the ground before using SD (its the main thing that makes Sonics SD randomly).

Last edited:

V23

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yvesdev
Taken from the Sonic boards:

Sonic acronyms for those who don't know (I play the character):

SDJ: Spin Dash Jump
SDR: Spin Dash Roll (Side-B)
SCR: Spin Charge Roll (Down-B)
ASC (Aerial Spin Charge)
ASDR Aerial Spin Dash Roll
BSBS (Brawl Spring Bug Stance) - Its the glitch where that causes Sonic to be stuck in SD if he doesnt touch the ground before using SD (its the main thing that makes Sonics SD randomly).
Thx, since i dont have much exp against sonics i'd like to hear how these changes translate into the MU

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
In addition to these changes, it has been reported that Back-Throw's knockback has also been nerfed. This means that Sonic's damage output has been nerfed and his most reliable kill has also been nerfed. Sonic still wins in the neutral but the damage output difference isn't as significant and we can live longer reliably now. I still think Sonic will likely win but it's much more manageable at first glance.

Top Bottom