• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.0.4 Dark Pit changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
EDIT: I retested these with the sandbag instead of in training mode and found only one difference, assuming my %s were correct in my other thread.

Fsmash: 17 > 16

I might be imagining it but I think you recover quicker after Orbitars? Other than that I can't notice any buffs he got, haven't tested electroshock or orbitars in an actual match so idk if they still work the same way but I assume they do. Let me know if anyone notices anything that might be off and I'll test

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That's the freshness bonus not taking effect in training, thankfully.

I retested all his moves, and the only confirmed changes are that his arrows redirect slightly further and sour ftilt can kinda be used to combo. Might of effected his Fair spike and Dthrow>Uair>Dthrow chain, but I can't tell because I can't do 'em on a 3DS.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I see. I retested all of them with the sandbag since that was where my original values came from and noticed there were still changes, I'll update the first post in a bit

Edit: ok only one difference in % values, rip

Last edited:

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
Are you sure about Dark Pit's arrow being changed? I tested it side-by-side with the 1.0.3 version, charged and uncharged. It's identical damage-wise and trajectory-wise too.

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
I was starting to doubt the change before.

Say, if you're testing some stuff, check out DP's dash attack and sour Ftilt.
I did several tests. The damage for both attacks are identical to both versions and so is the knockback. If there's any difference, it's negligible. I used the colored sections of Living Room (Omega Form) as positioning markers. All of this was done in training mode.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I did several tests. The damage for both attacks are identical to both versions and so is the knockback. If there's any difference, it's negligible. I used the colored sections of Living Room (Omega Form) as positioning markers. All of this was done in training mode.
I take it the dash attack's animation is the same speed?

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
I take it the dash attack's animation is the same speed?
Tested it on 1/4 speed and regular speed, used the dash attack immediately on the blue/orange division on the Living Room (Omega Form) stage. Same distance, speed, and cooldown. As for it's hitbox, I really can't say. It's probably unchanged.

As a side note: The Dgrab to Usmash combo seems a bit finicky on the newer version. I can't pull it off consistently. It works, but I can't use it with an upwards quarter-circle motion as easily as I used to.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Tested it on 1/4 speed and regular speed, used the dash attack immediately on the blue/orange division on the Living Room (Omega Form) stage. Same distance, speed, and cooldown. As for it's hitbox, I really can't say. It's probably unchanged.

As a side note: The Dgrab to Usmash combo seems a bit finicky on the newer version. I can't pull it off consistently. It works, but I can't use it with an upwards quarter-circle motion as easily as I used to.
Are you dashing over to the opponent after the Dthrow, by chance? Dash Usmashing is harder now, you have to press jump/have tap jump on to do it before skiding.

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
Are you dashing over to the opponent after the Dthrow, by chance? Dash Usmashing is harder now, you have to press jump/have tap jump on to do it before skiding.
Precisely that. I have tap jump off, but it's not a big issue. Nothing a little muscle memory refinement won't fix.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I already removed the arrow change and all the other ones because I didn't test them properly, which brings me tooooo
I'm pretty sure neither did. Fsmash does 15% in training beforeand after the patch.

Training mode doesn't account for freshness, when I tested % in my other thread, it was on the sandbag and there was a 1% change

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I already removed the arrow change and all the other ones because I didn't test them properly, which brings me tooooo

Training mode doesn't account for freshness, when I tested % in my other thread, it was on the sandbag and there was a 1% change
So it does 1% more in a real match now as compared to before? So, if it does 1% more with freshness but not in training, then it must of had it's decimal damage increased. Lets see... The data says Fsmash did 5.1556%, then 10.1556% before. (Not my data, so I don't know how it was found, but presumably by doing a bunch of Fsmashes in training an extra % popped up.) Although an easier test would be comparing fully charged Fsmashes between the versions in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom