• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

party mode?

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
There seems to be a lot of controversy over the competitive scene in smash in general, and whether this game will be competitive or not, or whether it should.

Why not fill both worlds, have a competitive game, but also some sort of party mode that makes it fun for everyone.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Like in Pokemon Stadium which I never played. :(
For example there could be soccer where you have to kick a soccer ball into a goal or chase where one character randomly becomes "it" where you get points for damage done to that character and "it" changes every 15 seconds.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
first a thing to play at parties would be the actual game
second fighting games are always competitive
third why put it

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
As long as the fight is always the center of the game it could be a good idea. My first thought went to a board with blue, red and green squares like in Mario Party. But instead of the minigames we have combats with special rules ("You can't use special attacks", "Gravity is reduced", "Speed is increased", "Life is costantly reducing unless you refill it"...). The head player can decide the special rules OR the stage, the second head player can decide what the first one didn't. When a special rule and a stage are selected their corrispective panels are removed. And once all the panels of the special rules or of the stages are removed they are all repristinated. Obviously there will be some special squares that will alter that ("Half of special rules panels are removed", "All the stage panels are repristinated", "You can choose special rules and stage"...). Well... You got the idea! I Think it could work for a whole afternoon as an alternative to a tournament.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i honestly didnt even know what i meant myself when i mentioned party mode, just something thats fair for everyone and requires less skill but you still play the game. The ideas that you guys came up with sound like they could be pretty good. I think an idea like this could be very cool because it would be fun and playable for everyone.

Another thing that could be added is something like the buffer system or any kind of advancement to the handicap system, that would make it fun for people who are not as good at the game. This way the competitive scene and the regular people get what they want.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
You know what could be fun and tastefully retro? If the game will comes with some game boards, complete of rules, in true papar inside the pack to use within the game. Or if Nintendo will realase some printable ones in the dojo.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
first a thing to play at parties would be the actual game
second fighting games are always competitive
third why put it
Other games like Pokémon Stadium or Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics had party mode. If an RPG or Sports game had a party mode, than a fighting game can too.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
You know what else would be surprising retro at this point?
Actually including a manual in the box.
You know what? That's not a bad idea.
They might realase a special edition with a BIG FAT manual including a brief comic with some easter eggs for the game itself...
And a game board to play within the game.

Top Bottom