• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parter For Pit.

MelloXPit

Smash Rookie
So I have a couple friends that im considering to be my main partner for 2v2. But before i decide, I need to know what characters work well with Pit. Any in mind?

Thanks

Izmo

Smash Cadet
In the Doubles matches I've played I almost always play Pit, and my best friends are characters that have good kill moves in case I can't get a good finishing move off.

I've had alot of fun teaming with Ike and my friend's Lucario. The Lucario situation is nice, because I reflect his Aura Spheres when people spot dodge or jump them, and I can rack up damage fast and leave it to my friend's Lucario, who's fairly beaten up and has that nice damage multiplier, to finish people off while I cover him.

Those are my experiences. It seems alot of people think less of Lucario then I do but he's been great so far. But ya, that's my thoughts: Anyone who can get good clean kills after you've racked up damage with Pit.

Hope that helps :)

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
I main with Pit, and my team partner uses Meta Knight. It's a GREAT combo, especially on medium sized stages. They both have excellent aerial game, be sure to utilize that. Basically, the best strategy is for Pit to rack up damage FAST (he naturally does this if you can use Pit decently) and have MK finish him off. Works every time.

MelloXPit

Smash Rookie
In the Doubles matches I've played I almost always play Pit, and my best friends are characters that have good kill moves in case I can't get a good finishing move off.

I've had alot of fun teaming with Ike and my friend's Lucario. The Lucario situation is nice, because I reflect his Aura Spheres when people spot dodge or jump them, and I can rack up damage fast and leave it to my friend's Lucario, who's fairly beaten up and has that nice damage multiplier, to finish people off while I cover him.

Those are my experiences. It seems alot of people think less of Lucario then I do but he's been great so far. But ya, that's my thoughts: Anyone who can get good clean kills after you've racked up damage with Pit.

Hope that helps :)
Yeah, my first implication was that i needed a character that has good finishers since i lack them. So i thought right off the bat Ike. Though these two other guys that are as good as me and my parter are Pit + Ike, and mirror matches are annoying, though im sure wed win. Thats great though about Lucario, just because hes my partners main. What about Marth though?

Izmo

Smash Cadet
I haven't teamed much with Marth, but I don't see any real problem with a Marth/Pit team. In doubles, Pit's great for using his Arrow spam, so the few times I teamed with my friend Jekyll's Marth, I'd spam arrows to annoy and he'd space tips if he could, go for a Shield Breaker if they kept trying to block, or he would just get some Forward Airs off and start working from there.

Most of our matches were against big slow characters though, so I don't have too much great advice :( On paper though, I don't see any real problems with the combo, for what it's worth.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bowser's Tank-like Power and Armor. Bowser can catch ppl in the stream of his Fire, while Pit can rack up damage and support with arrows and a mirror shield. Pit's combos can leave an opponent open for Bowser's kill moves.

8bit.Trotz

Smash Cadet
link.
he compliments pit very well with kill moves, and the two together can form an insane barrage of projectiles. you'd have very few places to run.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
My partner is a Yoshi (odd enough right there). We can projectile spam enough to make you want to cry, and theres nowhere an arrow or an egg wont get you. Plus, Yoshi's melee range is far superior to Pits, so he can set Pit up for a Forward Smash or get the kill himself, as well as help against charachters whose range would ordinarily overpower Pit's. Yoshi's recovery is fast and difficult to gimp, so he won't leave you alone for too long, and he excells at chasing people off the edge, either getting a spike or using his flutter step to gimp recoveries.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
There is no guaranteed, awesome strategy for using a specific character with Pit. In the end the best character will be who your partner uses best. Develop tactics for whoever that may be.

MelloXPit

Smash Rookie
Yeah, my partner is a great Marth player. So thats what we've stuck with, and from a day of practicign were doing fine. Thanks for the help.

Esca

Smash Champion
hey man, i know from first hand...i main pit, just 2 v 2 with ike on your team.

distract with arrows, and seperate them, at higher percentage, grab, and let ike f-smash. kill every time.
pm me for more.

Top Bottom