• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

parents and tournaments

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
I really want to go to my first tournament but idk how to get there, it's pretty far so I can't do it by bike and
my parents don't want to give me a lift, also my parents said they don't like that I go there...
what should I do?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Not knowing social standards and norms in Belgium, my best suggestion would be to try to find a friend interested in going (or even another tournament-goer) and have them give you a lift.

Of course, if your parents are opposed to it in general, it's a far rougher situation. You could try to discuss reasons you think you should be able to go, or compromise on terms so they'll let you go (and/or give you a ride), but ultimately, while you're a minor (unless Belgium's age distinction is different), you don't have a ton of power over the situation.

Top Bottom