• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Papyrus moveset

Skeleton-o-puns

Smash Cadet
Heya, skele-ton-o-puns here, promised you all a papyrus moveset, so here we go. Before I start, I want to make clear that this will be less detailed as sans’s as I was more prioritizing sans rather than papyrus. Also that papyrus is the younger brother of papyrus from undertale. He isn’t as strong as sans, but tries really hard to be apart of the royal guard. He appears in Snowdin after you meet Sans.

Why Papyrus?

I feel like Papyrus could be a good foil to sans. Where fighters like Sans, Chara, and Undyne are intense, Papyrus is lighthearted and silly. He could represent the funnier side of undertale.

Moveset- Papyrus doesn’t use faster blasters, and isn’t as skilled with soul manipulation as Sans is. However he has better defense.

Alright, let’s get to the point.

Neutral Special- bone shoot

Papyrus shoots out bones. They are not unlimited like sans is, and they do less damage. He can also only throw out four at a time. The trade off? None.

Up special- bone cage

Papyrus summons a bone cage in front of him. If you imput the direction you’re facing it will go sailing across the ground. It comes out slower than sans’s attack. Sometimes it will be blue. I’m sure everyone knows about blue attacks, but if you want full details on bone function, see my updated sans thread. Again no trade off.

Side special- you’re blue now

Papyrus’s blue attack is different from sans’s. He grabs like any other fighter would. (Papyrus grabs normally, not Sans. This is his blue attack. He throws out a red heart that if it hits an opponent, the heart turns blue, and sends them directly downwards. A great maneuver for sending opponents off the stage.

Down special- spaghetti regretti

Papyrus charges up a microwave and shoots out a plate of spaghetti. The plate does damage while the spaghetti functions like a banana peel if it lands on the ground. The plate shatters If it hits the ground.

Final smash- Papyrus sends a storm of bones at his opponents while healing himself with spaghetti.

Taunts Papyrus’s taunts are special; Why? Because they do damage.

Up- papyrus tosses a bone upward. If it hits an opponent, it causes a K.O.

Side- Papyrus throws a plate of spaghetti like a frisbee. It can be inhaled or bitten by Kirby or Wario.

Down- Papyrus stomps the ground in a frustrated fashion. If you’re near a ledge-clinging fighter, it will cause them to fall off like Luigi’s down taunt.

Palette swaps-

1st- Normal
2nd- Underswap
3rd- Underfell
4th- Outertale
5th- Disbelief! Papyrus
6th- ???
7th- ???
8th- ???

Papyrus isn’t as requested as sans. I still thought he deserved a moveset. He has way better health and defense than sans. Also, all of his taunts cause status effects or do immense damage. Those are his trade offs. Damaging taunts and better defense and health. Also his ??? Palette swaps are open to interpretation. Be respectful y’all, and have a good night.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We don't allow threads just for a moveset post. If you would like to add more to the thread to make it a full support thread, please PM me and I will unlock it first.

And re-opened so the OP can be updated. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom