• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Palutena's Temple 1v1

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Y'know I've been scrolling around the site for awhile, trying to find a forum to post this on, but I'm just gonna post it here for now since I wanna get this out there. I'm new here so please tell me where I should post accordingly in the future :)

Okay, so most of you probably are aware that Palutena's Temple is a goliath of a stage, and only recently I have heard that 1v1 on it is actually really fun (well at least if you actually fight and not camp). I'd love to here your comments out there, if you have done this at any point, and if any of you want to add me and battle at the temple, I'd be more than happy to do so :)

Last time I played on that stage, it was a 3 player free-for all. I had enough time to get to a corner of the stage, pick up my iPad, turn it on, send a message to my friends to stop running away, grab my controller, taunt a bit, and counter an incoming attack.

So booooring. Unless it's an 8 -player game, I don't touch that stage. :rolleyes:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
One of the worst stages. Every match takes an hour, and when it's down to less than 5 people the only way you can ever die is if you fight someone at the very top. 1 on 1 would be horrendous. faster character wins.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I don't play Palutena's Temple even with 8 players. It's atrociously big given that you can reasonably have 8 players standing around and none of them even be CLOSE to each other. A 1v1, even with full fighting intent, sounds like more of a bother than fun.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I love that stage. But Only with custom moves with agility maxed out. It slowly turns into a DBZ episode of sorts.^^

Last edited:

Kraetyz

Smash Cadet
Palutena's Temple is amazing for 1v1. You just have to not set a timer.
At all.

At any rate, still better than The Great Fail Offensive.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
It's a beautiful stage, but one of the worse to play on. Only ones worse are Mario Bros, Temple, New Pork, and Great Cave Offensive.

Raijinken

Smash Master
If you actually fight, it's no worse than Hyrule Temple. Which is to say, it's entertaining and makes for great teching practice.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
If you actually fight, it's no worse than Hyrule Temple. Which is to say, it's entertaining and makes for great teching practice.
atleast with hyrule we all have had 3 games to get used to the stage. the great cave offensive is much more daunting in my eyes, either way, with my play style and my friends play style no match takes too long, we're all super aggressive.

Raijinken

Smash Master
atleast with hyrule we all have had 3 games to get used to the stage. the great cave offensive is much more daunting in my eyes, either way, with my play style and my friends play style no match takes too long, we're all super aggressive.
Honestly the biggest issue with Cave and Palutena's is that they're both TOO big, and thus the camera makes things darn near unplayable if someone runs a little.

Even Hyrule Temple's worst-case scenario is pretty visible compared to those. We always start the match with a pause so everyone can find where they spawned.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Yep, they are too big if you play with more than 2 players (pretty ironic, isn't it?)... but 1v1 is awesome! You have a great variety while smashing through those big stages and those fights can get really sick... like accidentally destroying the bridge, falling, fighting while falling... love it!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Is you fight like a real man 1vs1 and not run like a coward the stage can be pretty dynamic and cool.

But mostly will run away.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Thats why you should set the game to time instead of stock mode. That will punish the cowards ;)

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
This level is a great way to practice your reads, techs and understanding of structure design. It can be a little too large if the other fighter is into running and hiding instead of competing, so a feel a time limit may be detrimental in this case. It does play on the type of competition inspired by Gladiator combat instead of sportsmanship like boxing or MMA fights that most competitively accepted stages share. It's definitely a level that I feel is idea for Grand Standing the crowd, but I don't think that is something that is shared among my peers.

Raijinken

Smash Master
This level is a great way to practice your reads, techs and understanding of structure design. It can be a little too large if the other fighter is into running and hiding instead of competing, so a feel a time limit may be detrimental in this case. It does play on the type of competition inspired by Gladiator combat instead of sportsmanship like boxing or MMA fights that most competitively accepted stages share. It's definitely a level that I feel is idea for Grand Standing the crowd, but I don't think that is something that is shared among my peers.
Different approaches to competition result in different things being degenerate. It took years for me to comprehend that someone would actually be willing to just run away for eight minutes to get closer to the prize money. It's such a boring and not-fighting way to "win" at a fighting game. For a group of kids playing Temple/Palutena's Temple/whatever, those can become completely fair stages that test teching and timing far better than any flat+plat.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Different approaches to competition result in different things being degenerate. It took years for me to comprehend that someone would actually be willing to just run away for eight minutes to get closer to the prize money. It's such a boring and not-fighting way to "win" at a fighting game. For a group of kids playing Temple/Palutena's Temple/whatever, those can become completely fair stages that test teching and timing far better than any flat+plat.
I'd love to figure out if there is a tournament structure that would allow us to keep more of these stages, as I see Smash 4's stages to be some of the most fair to date. (I see most of the hazards in the unaccepted stages as predictable or given fair warning. Some don't work, like Wooly World for the same reason Jungle Falls in Brawl was terrible.) What you mention is the biggest hurdle in preventing such a thing from happening though. I'm curious how we'd get around it, but that is the topic for a different thread I feel.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Palutena's Temple is amazing for 1v1. You just have to not set a timer.
At all.

At any rate, still better than The Great Fail Offensive.
False, The Great Win Offensive is actually one of the most entertaining stages in the whole game. Seriously, if you play it with 8 people and raise the stock to between 15-20 it pure insanity and shows the true fun of Smash! And the mine cart was the best thing they could have added to make all of the fights so much more crazy!!

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
It's only good for one thing, Little Mac vs Little Mac.
I don't know about that. I love taking Ike in there for training and seeing how I can adapt to my opponent in different situations/locations. If nothing else, I feel it's a great training location with the sheer variety of structural designs in one map.

OdangoKnight

Smash Cadet
I don't know about that. I love taking Ike in there for training and seeing how I can adapt to my opponent in different situations/locations. If nothing else, I feel it's a great training location with the sheer variety of structural designs in one map.
There are probably other characters to play as but you owe it to yourself to do the double Mac, if you can either knock each other to another part of the stage or break the bridge it just feels like an obstacle course because of his bad air game and it's great fun.

Top Bottom