• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palu's Up air is not Fair, broken, brain dead, and etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

plot52

Smash Rookie
I'll post the video but Palutanas up air should not be in the game. Its a super strong kill move that's a multi-hit. Her side B (explosion blade) sends vertically up and sets up for an up air conform. Her up air kills super early at the top and being a multihit makes is unfair to avoid. I got up aired 3 times and died. If I dodge, I get frame trapped. You cannot challenge it, it has too much priority. even Luigi cyclone in the air with frames 1-7 invincibility cannot challenge it. It's too strong and needs to be fixed. Her up air kills too early and frame traps. It needs to be faster or needs to be weaker. It should not be so overwhelming in the meta. It's truly stupid and ridiculous. change my mindhttps://clips.twitch.tv/GoodThoughtfulNuggetsAsianGlow

FNUStory

Smash Cadet
I'll post the video but Palutanas up air should not be in the game. Its a super strong kill move that's a multi-hit. Her side B (explosion blade) sends vertically up and sets up for an up air conform. Her up air kills super early at the top and being a multihit makes is unfair to avoid. I got up aired 3 times and died. If I dodge, I get frame trapped. You cannot challenge it, it has too much priority. even Luigi cyclone in the air with frames 1-7 invincibility cannot challenge it. It's too strong and needs to be fixed. Her up air kills too early and frame traps. It needs to be faster or needs to be weaker. It should not be so overwhelming in the meta. It's truly stupid and ridiculous. change my mind https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodThoughtfulNuggetsAsianGlow
Luigi should have air dodged at the end or not got caught in Explosive Flame. There really is nothing else to say about it.

Edit:
Also, anyone saying "Change my Mind" in their post or thread title is probably permanently set on what they're talking about, so why even try?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don’t even think Palutena is Top Tier honestly. She’s worse than Chrom. Quite laggy, and a bit predictable.

She’s gonna drop, trust me.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I'll post the video but Palutanas up air should not be in the game. Its a super strong kill move that's a multi-hit. Her side B (explosion blade) sends vertically up and sets up for an up air conform. Her up air kills super early at the top and being a multihit makes is unfair to avoid. I got up aired 3 times and died. If I dodge, I get frame trapped. You cannot challenge it, it has too much priority. even Luigi cyclone in the air with frames 1-7 invincibility cannot challenge it. It's too strong and needs to be fixed. Her up air kills too early and frame traps. It needs to be faster or needs to be weaker. It should not be so overwhelming in the meta. It's truly stupid and ridiculous. change my mindhttps://clips.twitch.tv/GoodThoughtfulNuggetsAsianGlow
As a Palutena main, let me explain to you why the Palu in your clip was able to hit you with 3 straight up airs so easily, none of which have anything to do with the quality of her up air itself:
1) You didn't DI on the Explosive Flame (that's the name of her side B btw, not "explosion blade")
2) On the first up air, you DI'd to the right towards the center of the stage instead of to the left towards the ledge, and then on the second up air you didn't DI at all. Or perhaps you DI'd downwards, but I can't tell that from the video, and if you did DI down then you made the follow up easier b/c you gave yourself less time to react.
3) You didn't take any evasive action. You didn't air dodge, and you made no lateral movement in your freefalls. After both the first and second up airs, you let your Luigi fall straight down making the follow up incredibly easy for the Palutena player.

You didn't get hit with a true combo where you couldn't do anything, and Palu's up air doesn't have any guaranteed follow ups. You made mistakes, and the other player punished you for it. That simple.

TL;DR
Palu's up air isn't broken or OP. Get good.

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
This post will get closed.

But i still want to say something. You can always tell if someone is broken by looking at a pro replay. If ahe was this good more people would play her and rank her S Tier instead of A Tier. Stop complaining about the game and search for YOUR fault. That’s a better mindset than just saying “i cant deal with it. Sakurai plz patch”

Also maybe try it yourself. Then you will see how good she is.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Rant threads aren't allowed

Status