• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAL ISO splicing?

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering, would it be possible to replace assets in a PAL ISO with Project M's assets and run it on Dolphin?

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
I've decided to see what I can do anyway, so far I've ripped brawl into 3 isos and I don't know how to combine them, dolphin reads one of the isos just fine but as soon as i get past the create save file screen all I get is white.

I tried Wii Backup Manager but that's ignoring 2 of the isos aswell, I managed to extract it and I got a nice bunch of folders with the startup data and I thought, why not shove the Project M files in and see what happens (I don't expect results) but now I don't know how to compile it back to a format for Dolphin to test out.

Google isn't being helpful, what tools do I need for these tasks and how do I use them?

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
That's what I've ended up doing though I'm not happy about downloading software that isn't abandonware.
Then again, Nintendo Australia has been ripping me off for years. I remember when my Wii broke and they billed me $40 to inspect it and $300 for a replacement (with no cables, controllers etc) and I later saw them in stores bundled with MK Wii for $250.

Top Bottom