• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PACMAN IS BROKEN AND UNBEATABLE. INFINITE JUMP STRATEGY IN TEAM SMASH

Ultrachaos547

Smash Rookie
IM LOSING MY MIND HERE

I know that there's a video thread but this seriously needs it own topic. This is freaking insane. Do you guys think this is gonna be patched?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Absolutely ridiculous. And right after Sakurai said they don't need to patch it. Welp, no For Glory for me until this has been addressed.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
LOL
I mean, a way they could patch it is by taking away an opponent's up B after bouncing on the trampoline...but that would make on stage trampoline even more broken and stop opponents from trying to gimp pacman's up b by jumping on it

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Thats awful...

pretty smart team tech,but still! The way they use it is ****kin lame as hell.

I hope i never see this.

D

Deleted member

This reminds me of the Luigi ladder technique in Melee, and like the ladder, it will probably be banned if used to stall matches.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
There are several ways to patch it:
- People become helpless upon touching trampolines (Now Pac is toxic to fight yay)
- Pac-Man has a limited amount of trampolines he can deploy before even hitstun won't replenish it. (not really fair
- The above, but only counts down with touching other Pac trampolines. (probably the fairest, this is designed to end this strategy, but pacs can still recover together thanks to hitstun.
- Pac-Man SDs if he reaches the top with a Tramp. (Again, designed to stop this strategy but accidents happen...)
- Pac-Man can't deploy another tramp until he hits the ground (pls no)

I'll take option number 3.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
My brother and I tried this out today for ****s and giggles, however the game had disconnected us for "idling". Maybe this won't be a huge problem? Can someone else confirm?

Ultrachaos547

Smash Rookie
Made my day. Mappy salutes somewhere in his office.
Oh man, you just reminded me of the mappy web series. that was hilarious. I need to watch that again

There are several ways to patch it:
- People become helpless upon touching trampolines (Now Pac is toxic to fight yay)
- Pac-Man has a limited amount of trampolines he can deploy before even hitstun won't replenish it. (not really fair
- The above, but only counts down with touching other Pac trampolines. (probably the fairest, this is designed to end this strategy, but pacs can still recover together thanks to hitstun.
- Pac-Man SDs if he reaches the top with a Tramp. (Again, designed to stop this strategy but accidents happen...)
- Pac-Man can't deploy another tramp until he hits the ground (pls no)

I'll take option number 3.
While those are solid ideas, I think the best solution would probably be to make it so that pacman can't refresh his trampoline if he jumps on another pacman trampoline

Absolutely ridiculous. And right after Sakurai said they don't need to patch it. Welp, no For Glory for me until this has been addressed.
Yeah. Tbh, with Diddy Kong, Perfect Pivoting, Jump Toss Cancel gliding, and now this, I have serious doubts that sakurai ain't gonna make a new patch. It'll probably be released around the mewtwo dlc if its does happen.

Last edited:

Po3T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Axel1337
As a pac-man player, I approve. I feel that if a Villager can get there on time, he can pocket one of the trampolines.

Top Bottom