• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacman hydrant glitch

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
So I ran into a glitch with the hydrant while playing Master Hand. It was on Yoshi's Island and I was throwing down the hydrant on the green pipe since it immediately tumbles. However, at one point it got stuck in the ground or something and kept spinning in the ground. I paused the game once I realized what was happening, and recorded the last few seconds of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyH3EpDifj4

The hydrant is already in the ground spinning at this point, but there's enough footage to see what's happening. I doubt it's all that useful, but I thought it might be interesting to see.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
but guys really. we need to be testing this out in the lab not just neglecting it and then glorifying it when we have the information on how to do it! possibly packman has more glitches than even Wario :wario: i am still trying to figure out the side-b momentum glitch and the hydrant through stage-glitch is easy if u get timing right. Also another glitch that may help in the Rosalina/Luma matchup is setting the hydrant down and Luma glitches on it...basically set hydrant next to Luma when she is launched..this also works 4 all items INCLUDING bonus fruit but for that to work the fruit has to be thrown stage level.

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
ok testing this a little:
the hydrant can go through stages with sloped edges/ sloped edges when being launched via side-smash etc.
On Yoshi's island I put it next to the bottom of the green pipe, the f-smashed it to the other slope and it went through
Another time it bounce off the right slope and through the stage entirely.

On Halberd i did it once by f-smashing it from the left side of the stage as it was rising at the start of the match.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
--UPDATE--
can be done after a grab and throw but the distance flown seems shorter
ex. was on 4 glory, charged fruit then shield canceled an enemy attack, shield-grabbed the opponent and b-throwed a second after. Then I used side-b going to the right side and then straight up, and did the glitch which made me "fly" to the right, but considerably less than the usual distance.

Top Bottom