• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pack Idea

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Ok, you caught me. Like all other melee players I only move around with wavedashes.

When I expect to play this crazy awesome pack you're making?

Firejew

Smash Cadet
My recent posts will be a mix of Smash 4 Kirby and stuff relating to stage and character ideas. The latter because I have a strong interest in hypothetical, creative and design oriented discussion. The former because 4 is the new game and I figured it might be a chance for a new start in a less monotonous game than the last. Turns out, while 4 is pretty reasonable, it's not really what Melee was, hence why I find myself here, failing to convince the community of the fact that Melee has flaws that aught to be addressed.

So, lets set aside Wave Dashing and Kirbycides for the time being, why do you lot wish to keep chain grabbing around? In a game series where there are relatively few true combos of major length and players are required to understand DI (among other techniques) to escape or to counter said escape, isn't having an unstoppable infinite detrimental to the overall ethos of the game? No matter how hard it may or may not be to continue, when the chain grab is going, only one player is playing. Wouldn't we all rather see combos that require a level of mental warfare? Wouldn't that level and type of domination be a more satisfying win?
Enlighten me as to why I'm wrong here, I'm genuinely curious as to your side of the argument.

P.S.: As for why my posts so often relate to Kirby, he's my main. He's the character who feels most natural to me and the one with whom I first learnt to play Melee. Where you get Brawl from, however, I don't know. I got bored of that game pretty quickly and nolonger even own it.
Having read from page 50 to page 23 of your past smashboards posts, I conclude that you shouldn't try and convert people from Melee to your pack idea. No one would play it.
One of your posts from 2011(??, I'm not fact checking lmao) said in relation to an F-Zero thread "Snaking is physics abuse and I would never use it, even if I could."
I'm not about to try and find the F-Zero competitive scene and their opinion of snaking but I believe you miss the point of what's supposed to be a cool trick.

It's cool. And it's in the game. It doesn't matter what it is, it's a thing. So do it. It's cool.

And regardless to your opinion of barwl, you've made like 70% of your posts relating to Smash about or in the barwl section - of course I thought you were a barwl player.

Oh god I keep going on. Chaingrabs are mental warfare. You have to know the DI or react insanely quick to the DI. There are also many options for DI. Hard left/right, slight behind (disregarding forward because it's just another grab), upwards, spacies can shine, Pichu can nair (frame 3).

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
I don't really understand why you are giving so much atention to this guy.

Top Bottom