• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.pac replacement in BrawlBox

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
I've started making my own textures on BrawlBox so that I don't have to look for my own, right? And it's coming along nicely. The character model shows up, I replace the file so that the edited image is in the old one's place and such.

However, every time I try to upload it to my SD card, the normal Brawl skin for the character I use is there instead.

I don't think that I need a .pcs there, and I made sure that it was an empty skin color [i.e. FitKirty_01].

Help pl0x?

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
I believe it's called SD Loader, or something like that. Basically, it asks the game to see if any file is on the SD card before loading it of the DVD.

Also, make sure it's in the right place in the SD card. You'll gve to google that though, I haven't done this in a while.

You'd probably have better luck asking here: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
No no, I got all the codes and such. I remember getting it. I don't think it's the codes as much as it is the file itself.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Well it has to be named the original name of the texture it's replacing. So it should look like:
FitKirby01.pac and not FitKirty_01.pac

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I'm pretty sure the .pcs is the character texture and not the .pac. The .pac is just an uncompressed version of the .pcs and you'll only really need the .pac when replacing characters such as Bowser, Samus, Zero Suit, Sheik and Zelda.

Also.
FitKirby01.pac and not FitKirty_01.pac
^Name it like that.

Top Bottom