• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Trampoline Glitch Found

Zekkaran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zekkaran
3DS FC
0791-3028-9167
If you didn't already seen the recent post in the thread about Pac-Man's Changes in 1.0.8, there was a glitch found where you can make your opponents fall through the floor with the use of a trampoline thanks to StylesX.

The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgCK-yqxEK4

How it's done is fairly simple, when a person lands on a trampoline you made, use up b again to make the trampoline disappear, and the person will clip through the floor. The timing on executing this move is hard, so i would recommend doing this in the lab and cut the speed to see when to do it.

In exchange of the hydrant platform glitch, we are given something godlike. Now to think of a way to utilize this glitch to its fullest potential.....

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Really hoping this gets patched. I'm worried that this is going to taint Pac-Man's reputation as a character... =< ((This is worse than the "2pac" glitch))

Zekkaran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zekkaran
3DS FC
0791-3028-9167
Really hoping this gets patched. I'm worried that this is going to taint Pac-Man's reputation as a character... =< ((This is worse than the "2pac" glitch))
I completely understand what you're saying, but it's not worst than the 2pac glitch.

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
I've been going around on for glory doing this and confusing the hell out of my opponents xD
This is guaranteed to get patched so let's make the most out of it lol

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
At this point, I feel like Sakurai should just give up on patching PAC-MAN and make him the certifiable "glitch" character of this game.

Take down one glitch, and two more appear in its place.

Eureka

Smash Ace
You can also send people through the stage by having them break the trampoline, but it needs to be closer to the floor than you can get it by using up- b on the ground. Also all you pesky Pac Man mains better not be trying to implement this into your game plan, or we will see a great rise in the sodium levels of many players. And especially don't try anything funny in doubles, for all our sanity. Although it should be noted that any character can just jump back into the stage as long as they haven't passed through it completely and come out the bottom, so the applications for this glitch may be rather limited. I already posted this next part in the news article talking about this glitch, but I thought I should put it here too for anyone who was interested in what the heck is going on and didn't know or care about the post on the front page.

From what I've gathered, the reason this glitch works is that when a character goes through the animation of jumping off of Pac Man's trampoline they are moved down a bit before they are bounced back up and if a trampoline is placed near the ground this animation can put a character partially into the stage. By summoning a new trampoline before they bounce back up, you cancel that animation and leave the character partially inside the stage, at which point they fall through it because they are no longer touching the ground. The animation of the trampoline breaking also moves a character down, but it also puts them in their helpless animation, which has a different point which qualifies as touching the ground. This means the trampoline needs to be closer to the ground than it can normally get to send people through the stage by breaking it. I'm not saying this is for a fact what's going on, but I'm fairly certain it has something to do with this.

The next question is what changed in the patch that caused people to fall through the stage instead of landing on it. My guess is they reworked the criteria for what qualifies as touching the stage to prevent things like fire hydrants going through them, but forgot to see how this change would apply to character-stage interaction.

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I know it sounds like an odd request, but can we get a video showing, multiple times, that it is easy to recover from this to decrease all them salty players saying it's to over-powered for them. I had someone tell me it was impossible for anyone to recover from this glitch, and I would love to send them a link. Can I get a Hyrule HYIAAA!!!!!?

againiam

Smash Rookie
So, with 1.0.9 I assume this was fixed? Is it safe to play on trampolines again?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I confirmed the other day that this still works in 1.09, though I am uncertain of what actually did change yet.

Top Bottom