• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-man is the final 3rd party cPac-man will be final 3rd party character in haracter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybizzle

Smash Rookie
Pac-man will be final 3rd party character in Brawl. Using standard GameFaqs boards Brawl logic here we go: Mario and Sonic are going to be together in the upcoming game, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Sonic has been confirmed in SSBB. Mario and Pac-man have already been in a game together, Mario Kart Arcade GP. Pac-man will be the final 3rd party character. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_Arcade_GP

Plus it would be awesome to see an old school arcade match-up of Mario vs. Mr. G&W vs. D.K. vs. Pac-man.

I can see why all the youngsters would oppose it., but that fight would be a dream come true for us arcade fans.

LordNannyKnuckles

Smash Rookie
Honestly, someone show me a reasonable, plausible moveset and how he would function and I'll consider it. Until then, I can see other 3rd parties getting in before Pac-Man.

(Yeah, Pac-Man is one of my favourite games, by the way. I just dont see him fitting in to this universe.)

vesperview

Smash Hero

rybizzle

Smash Rookie
I can see Pac-man's Final Smash turning into Super Pac-man (a la Super Nintendo game) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_2:_The_New_Adventures, where Pac-man turns into the caped Super Pac-man and flies left and right on the screen knocking players around for x amount of damage.

Stole this from another message board and synthesized some suggestions into one forged quote:
"Pacman

Weight: 3/5
Height: 2/5
Speed: 3.5/5
Jump: 4/5
Power: 3/5
Range: 3/5
Throw: 3/5

Appearance: http://www.igniq.com/images/pacman_record_020605.JPG

AAA: Punch punch kick
Tilt A: Lunges and punches
Tilt A^: Swings arm upward
Tilt Av: Punches downward
Dash A: Dashes and holds arms out infront of him

Smash A: Headbutt
Smash A^: Backflip kick
Smash Av: Splits and spins around widly

B: Walks at a set pace, while opening and closing his mouth. Hold B to keep attacking.
B^: 5 pegs appear in the air above Pacman and he glides for a short amount of time, following the trail, eating the pegs as he moves along. If you press < while there are still 3 more pegs to be made, the next pegs will appear going to the left instead of just up. (similar to Pikachu's B^)
B>: Ice skates appear on his feet. He slides along the ground and then stops short, sending ice and snow in front of him.
Bv: Butt Bounce. Jumps lightly in the air and comes down on his butt, sending him a decent distance high into the air.

Taunt: Plays hacky-sack with a peg and eats it.

Alt Costume: Mrs. Pacman.

Final Smash:
Eats a power peg. All foes turn blue for a short amount of time. Making contact with Pacman will result in being "eaten" and the character's eyes will move around the stage, much like the classic game. Being eaten results in heavy damage, but no knockback. After being eaten, you are no longer vulnerable to Pacman."
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...s.php?topic_id=m-1-37974311&pid=928518&page=3

rybizzle

Smash Rookie
******* vesperview! now im worried pac man could make it in! Curse you!!!

but like error said not before mm
There's no reason why Megaman would have precedence over Pac-man in Brawl. Pac-Man's image in the video game world is as legendary, if not more so, than Mario's. In terms of reputation, Megaman cannot even touch the video game god that is Pac-man.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
He seems to bounce around like Sonic but can shoot lightning from his hands.

I understand hes in Mario Kart Arcade GP but...

Pac-man is the final 3rd party cPac-man will be final 3rd party character in haracter

NOOOEESSS!!! Never! I don't want Pacman! Call me ignorant, I just can't bare imagining Pacman fighting in Smash! <(T-T<)

He is one of the very very few that I don't want in Brawl and I supported just about everyone else.

If you really want Pacman, just get a yellow Kirby <(-_-<)

Edit: Agreed, screw his arcade/classic popularity --> Megaman B4 Pacman

vesperview

Smash Hero
He seems to bounce around like Sonic but can shoot lightning from his hands.

I understand hes in Mario Kart Arcade GP but...

NOOOEESSS!!! Never! I don't want Pacman! Call me ignorant, I just can't bare imagining Pacman fighting in Smash! <(T-T<)

He is one of the very very few that I don't want in Brawl and I supported just about everyone else.

Edit: Agreed, screw his arcade/classic popularity --> Megaman B4 Pacman
You are such a racist, you don't wanna play Pacman because he is a yellow ball, shame on you!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
There's no reason why Megaman would have precedence over Pac-man in Brawl. Pac-Man's image in the video game world is as legendary, if not more so, than Mario's. In terms of reputation, Megaman cannot even touch the video game god that is Pac-man.
I beg to differ. I agree Pac Man is a video game legend. but he's a dead legend. A pac-man game hasnt made front page news in so long i cant remember. His series is even worse off than mega man's right now.

But i wont turn your thread into a mega man vs pac man debate. just know this, mega man placed higher on sakurai's poll than pac man:p

carry on

I wouldn't want him before Megaman either, thus my sig.
Agreed

Pyr0

Smash Ace
As much as I like Pac-man (oldskool version) he's 3D Incarnation is only a failed attempt at keeping the franchise alive, IMO Pacman should stick to he's oldskool days.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
As much as I like Pac-man (oldskool version) he's 3D Incarnation is only a failed attempt at keeping the franchise alive, IMO Pacman should stick to he's oldskool days.
I completely agree. I love classic arcade Pacman! I've played one of his 3D game on Gamecube, forgot which it was, I think it was the same on the video, but I never got past the first 3 lvls (or wanted to).

I ju.. juust... ca.. can't.. bare.. to see.. him... in.. Brawl...

Edit: O AT would be fine along w/ Tetris Blocks as AT

O crap ^ Tetris Block!!! How I despise you along with 3D Pacman!!!

Things I hope that will not be PC (AT ok): Pacman + Tetris Block

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
2 thing about pac-man:

1. he is dead, I dont care how "Iconic" he is, hes dead and buried.
2.his final smash would be him eating a power pellet, making him flash and be able to "eat"the other players, it would do alot of damage and the player would appear back in the center of the stage after being eaten.

vesperview

Smash Hero
1. he is dead, I dont care how "Iconic" he is, hes dead and buried.
How alive was Mr G&W when he appeared in Melee?

2.his final smash would be him eating a power pellet, making him flash and be able to "eat"the other players, it would do alot of damage and the player would appear back in the center of the stage after being eaten.
That would be nice even if you're being sarcastic.

Steel Braxus

Smash Cadet
I think it may come down to Mega Man vs Pacman. And in the end...Mega Man will win. Pacman just doesn't have the fanbase and he's not a Nintendo icon. Mega Man at least used to be.

rybizzle

Smash Rookie
The argument that "Pac-man is dead" doesn't stand up for the following reasons:
1. Pit
2. Ice Climbers
3. Mr. Game and Watch (in SSBM)
4. Ness (Debatable since he hasn't been in his own game since Earthbound in 1995)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
well from his massive decline in game quality I dont see how he can be brought back, even with brawls help. Id say thats pretty dead to me. I wont say a characters dead unless hope for them is REALY hard to find.

rybizzle

Smash Rookie
well from his massive decline in game quality I dont see how he can be brought back, even with brawls help. Id say thats pretty dead to me. I wont say a characters dead unless hope for them is REALY hard to find.
Okay, so his franchise has been on the downslope. Megaman hasn't been all that hot lately either. And Ice-Climbers, Pit, and Mr. G&W haven't had their own game in over a decade. Your argument still doesn't stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom