• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Confirmed for D-Tier - How does this affect us?

What do you think on Pac-Man's position in the Tier List?

• Pac-Man should be lower in the tier list.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Tier lists are toxic to the community and to the development of the Smash 4 meta game
Give Pac Man more of a chance
He made top 8 in Apex and might have gotten farther if Rosalina wasn't a bad match up
People need to stop trying to make tier lists and pointing fingers at characters who they think aren't viable when the game hasn't even been out for a year.
With customs, a lot more characters can be deemed tournament viable, including Pac Man

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Tier lists are toxic to the community and to the development of the Smash 4 meta game
Give Pac Man more of a chance
He made top 8 in Apex and might have gotten farther if Rosalina wasn't a bad match up
People need to stop trying to make tier lists and pointing fingers at characters who they think aren't viable when the game hasn't even been out for a year.
With customs, a lot more characters can be deemed tournament viable, including Pac Man
lol right

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
fite me 1v1 m8 i rekt ur pac man, for my pac man.

pac man being confirmed d tier does one thing, make this thread a oxymoron, it is dividing itself by 0
fite me i rekt @ Psymon Psymon (Psymon if u reply to this then rematch me i never agreed to best of 5 noob) ill rek u with my Wii U Gamepad controller :3
My NNID is [J], if that doesn't match up try [...pervert!
]
My Mii is a a dark-skinned asian chic (like meh) emo girl with shades bro
My Ingame name is [horo?]
I play Pac with plaid stuffs

If [J] is my NNID, then my Mii name is [..pervert!]

fite me on Miiverse ill rek me have 1
followers and 1 Yeah! !
(EDIT)
have a felling this is wrong thread fo dis..
jk about miiverse but i use it a lot no fense fite me i am usually on 9:00 pm EDT up to 5:00 or if i feel lilt binge watching anime

Last edited:

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
fite me i rekt @ Psymon Psymon (Psymon if u reply to this then rematch me i never agreed to best of 5 noob) ill rek u with my Wii U Gamepad controller :3
]

followers and 1 Yeah! !
(EDIT)
jk about miiverse but i use it a lot no fense fite me i am usually on 9:00 pm EDT up to 5:00 or if i feel lilt binge watching anime
I am Rakugaki_Time :s
i am binge watching shonen jump's shamin keng

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
This entire thing turning into an argument thread where two guys with anime profile pics end up making this entire thread toxic to every Pac-Main who just wanted to state their own opinion about the tier list was the exact opposite of what I wanted. Oh well... :facepalm:

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Ike is better than Marth. DK is better than Dedede. You really shot yourself in the foot there. that tier list is really trash though.
You can easily just say "Well I disagree" without actually explaining, but that doesn't solve anything.
It still baffles me that just because he got a few nerfs Marth is instantly bottom tier and Lucina is instantly worse just because no tipper. Not to mention if you ask pretty much anyone who mains a heavyweight, they'll be the first to admit DK is far from as good as other heavyweights like Dedede or Bowser.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
This entire thing turning into an argument thread where two guys with anime profile pics end up making this entire thread toxic to every Pac-Main who just wanted to state their own opinion about the tier list was the exact opposite of what I wanted. Oh well... :facepalm:
Welcome to the internet, unfortunately :c
Pac Man, Dr. Mario, G + W, and many others are still viable, hopefully the community does not give up on them.
For those who think they are not viable, you are in for a big surprise

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
u shouldn't be talking you have turtle dinosaur poking its head out of a ..hole??
ur poopy .3.

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
i was just being kappa man you don't have to get up all in our grills, and you're a very condescending person

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Tiers don't matter too much but I'm a liiiiittle upset. I always thought Pac was mid, at best.

They're on something if they think he's bottom D. He's not that awful. SWF pls

EDIT:
SWF Community Tier List,
Wait no I'm not insulted anymore

Community vote really shouldn't be used to determine tiers. Anyone can vote characters they hate lower.

Last edited:

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
]

followers and 1 Yeah! !
(EDIT)
I beat him in a best of 5, and he won most of the casual games we had afterwards...

He thinks that makes him the winner...

Bless.

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
For me this tier list already lost its credibility, but whatever.

Of course this has no effect on the game itself, but it does on the players because less people will want to use Pacman. This has both good and bad consequences to it.

- The less people who want to try out Pacman, the less thougts and informations we can gather about him. We might have a little more trouble theorizing and keeping the forums active because of that. He already was an underrepresented character, and I'm afraid we might sense it even more now.

- This means people in general will also be less prepared to face a Pacman, which is good.

- More chances to shine for us! :'D

But I really don't think it's that big of a deal, since:

1. Good players will still recognize he's a decent/good character, play him anyway, and prepare for him anyway, so if anything we get rid of the ignorant masses.

2. This tier list is really early, the meta is still trying to stabilize itself.

3. It's a community driven tier list, which means anyone can vote regardless of their knowledge, so while you get good feedback, you also get a lot of people who don't know what the **** they're talking about. I'm an elitist when it comes to such things; I strongly believe top players should be the only ones whose vote matters on this subject. I'm 100% for the fact that anyone can express his/her opinion, but not anyone's vote is equal. I condiser myself to have a decent knowledge of the game, and I think I have the right to give my opinion on the matter, but I don't believe I should have power to decide on what the tier list will be.

4. The majority of players don't blindly follow tier lists. They are more a fun gadget than anything else.

On a side note: Pacman is perhaps the character that you have to be the most creative with (that's what makes him so damn fun to play), so I feel like we are far from reaching his full potential yet. I consider Abadango to be the best Pacman out there, and I think he still has A LOT to learn to master him. While this is true for the entire cast, it especially is for Pac. I think the Pacman we will be playing at the end of Sm4sh's life will be completely different from the Pacman we play now. Because he has so much potential, I think he deserves to be placed higher on the tier list (the only other character I feel the same way about is Olimar). He's also not a bad character in the slightest, so I feel like his current position has a lot to do with ignorance people have about him.

TL;DR: Pacman is at least mid-C, and this tier list is a joke.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Yeah the tier list is super early so don't jump aboard it just yet. It IS community vote anyway, I've seen lots of different lists.

I truly, truly believe Pac belongs in mid, though. Maybe low B if you're feeling nice.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Pac Man just has some bad match ups against popular characters
Rosalina, Mario, and Sheik to name a few

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Why are you guys getting so pissed and salty about a community tier list where barely anyone knows **** about Pac-Man?

You guys and the pac-man board are the most depressive people on this website I stg.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Mario and Shiek? No.
Rosa and Sonic I would say.

Why do you struggle against mario and Shiek? I feel that we go even with both if not better with customs (Shiek may actually win with customs on though)
Mario's cape and fireballs (especially fast fire ball) is what I have trouble with in terms of throwing fruit
Mario can't get rid of the fire hydrant easily but we have to respect his air game and ground game, especially U-air and Fair
With Sheik, she can spam needles and her air game is pretty good too

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Mario's cape and fireballs (especially fast fire ball) is what I have trouble with in terms of throwing fruit
Mario can't get rid of the fire hydrant easily but we have to respect his air game and ground game, especially U-air and Fair
With Sheik, she can spam needles and her air game is pretty good too
Needles are blocked by every fruit and hydrant, and sheik's fair approaches can be stuffed by strawberries.

Mario's fire balls can be blocked by the hydrant and the side B power pellet.
Also, his fair is incredibly slow and will be punished if missed. Uair is a problem only if you are in hitstun because it can be easily punished by the hydrant.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
You guys and the pac-man board
But this IS the Pac-Man board.

Needles are blocked by every fruit and hydrant, and sheik's fair approaches can be stuffed by strawberries.
Adding onto what that guy said, while this is helpful Sheik is rushdown and barely gives Pac-Man any breathing room, which is something he really doesn't like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Adding onto what that guy said, while this is helpful Sheik is rushdown and barely gives Pac-Man any breathing room, which is something he really doesn't like.
But she can't safely approach, and Pac-Man has great defensive tools to escape CQC once he is in trouble: Nair, OOS trampoline, and item tossed fruits get the opponent away from us and reset the game to neutral. Unlike most zoners, we can perform well in CQC.

Sheik can't force us to approach, but we can force her.
Just because a character is rush down, doesn't mean it's an automatic difficult matchup.

Why are you guys getting so pissed and salty about a community tier list where barely anyone knows **** about Pac-Man?

You guys and the pac-man board are the most depressive people on this website I stg.
Actually, most of us here didn't care about it. People just started to cry about our exaggerated "problems" again instead of brainstorming ways to improve.

I do agree that the Pac-Man board is the most unreasonably negative and depressive place on smash boards though. Yet we main the happiest character in smash.

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3

that was not nice

But she can't safely approach, and Pac-Man has great defensive tools to escape CQC once he is in trouble: Nair, OOS trampoline, and item tossed fruits get the opponent away from us and reset the game to neutral. Unlike most zoners, we can perform well in CQC.

Sheik can't force us to approach, but we can force her.
Just because a character is rush down, doesn't mean it's an automatic difficult matchup.

Actually, most of us here didn't care about it. People just started to cry about our exaggerated "problems" again instead of brainstorming ways to improve.

I do agree that the Pac-Man board is the most unreasonably negative and depressive place on smash boards though. Yet we main the happiest character in smash.
Sheik is a girl?!

Last edited by a moderator:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Sheik is a girl?!
It depends on your personal opinion about transgenders, transvestites and other LGBT groups and how they are accepted and perceived in today's society. Just kidding, oficially Sheik is Zelda (spoiler!) so yeah, she's a girl.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
It depends on your personal opinion about transgenders, transvestites and other LGBT groups and how they are accepted and perceived in today's society. Just kidding, oficially Sheik is Zelda (spoiler!) so yeah, she's a girl.
So sick of people saying Shiek is a woman. That tri-gendered, omnisexual, hermaphrodite, x, y, & z chromosome of a character. Heck, Marth is more of a woman than that thing.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Fun fact: Its a popularity list similar to eventhubs in quality, use it as a medium to see what the community thinks of PAC-MAN.

They don't take results and MU spreads into consideration which is why its doomed for failure. Like that Fox dude on pg 1 said, the backroom peeps will make a better,more logical list.

This thread derailed pretty hard.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Fun fact: Its a popularity list similar to eventhubs in quality, use it as a medium to see what the community thinks of PAC-MAN.

They don't take results and MU spreads into consideration which is why its doomed for failure. Like that Fox dude on pg 1 said, the backroom peeps will make a better,more logical list.

This thread derailed pretty hard.
your profile pic 10/10

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
*sigh* I knew nothing good can come from tier-list discussions. Even this late in the game.

If anyone wants to discuss matchups, the two matchup threads are available. Tier-list debate is best done in the form of matchup-knowledge and matchup-debates anyway. Otherwise, I foresee that this topic will continuously degenerate into garbage.

I'm locking this topic. If you want this topic re-opened, convince me that there's a valid point to this topic over in the moderation topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom