• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man almost made it to Brawl per Miyamoto's suggestion

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oh that's cool. Pac-Man would have been a great addition to Brawl, but I'm just glad he's in this time around.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think the most surprising thing here is that someone actually denied a suggestion by Miyamoto.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Overall, I'd say I'm glad that Sakurai denied Miyamoto's request for Brawl. If Pac-Man weren't a newcomer in this game, I'd have next to no newcomers piquing my interest this time around. I already liked almost all of Brawl's newcomers as it was.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I, honestly, would've saved Pac-Man for SSB4 rather than Brawl.
Same here. If Sakurai added too many popular characters in one game, there would be a shortage of popular characters to add in the next game.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
By Sakurai's wording on how he thought of incorporating Pac-Man into Brawl, sounds like he never touched any of the Pac-Land or Pac-World games until now. :lol:
I'm a little bit surprised that someone with as much knowledge of the gaming industry as Sakurai had a hard time imagining Pac-Man working in Smash Bros. From the way his response was worded, I get the feeling that he was unaware that Pac-Man has ever been anything more than a pizza shape.
I've played the World games, but your honest first impressions when you think pac man are of his retro beginings. I think it was smart they mixed the two in his moveset (I am a bit saddened that he doesn't get more moves from the world games...)

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man almost made it to Brawl? Interesting, but you know, like the rest, I'm glad he got in SSB4 and not Brawl, it was the perfect choice. 4 = Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom