• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Land (Pac-Man's Stage)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Does anyone feel like this will be a scrolling stage? (This is his Wii U stage!)

We reach the end meet the fairy and she teleports the players back to the start.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hyped for this stage... still wish they updated the graphics from 8-bit sprites to HD 3D models... but I'm not butthurt over the visuals. The most important thing is that Pac-Man is playable and he has his classic design.

I noticed that the roofs of various buildings serve as platforms. I wonder if they will have stage hazards such as ghosts piloting planes and UFOs, ghosts driving cars and buses, and ghosts hopping with pogo sticks.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
That's from Pac-Land?

I kinda wished they would update the graphics or include a stage from Pac-Man World...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm not really liking this stage much so far. Not only is it a scrolling stage (my least favorite stage archetype), but I also would have greatly preferred they updated the location into 3D models. I understand why Pac-Man is so retro-focused in this game and I like that about him, but this is a location that every character is going to mingle with. Ripping the original sprites makes the location look ugly when paired with anyone but Pac-Man, and just seems more lazy than anything having to do with being historical.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
It would've made more sense for both systems to have an arcade maze stage. People who only buy the Wii U version will be confused & upset at this being the Pac-Man stage.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I like how there is a 8-bit stage in the Wii U version too. That is pretty nice. A shame it is a scrolling stage, though.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I highly doubt it'll happen, but I'm hoping for the 3DS retro maze to be on the Wii U as well. It looks like so much fun!

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
It would've made more sense for both systems to have an arcade maze stage. People who only buy the Wii U version will be confused & upset at this being the Pac-Man stage.
Or maybe people might learn a thimg or two, like how Pac-Man was doing smooth side-scrolling a full year before Super Mario Bros.

I also like that this basically confirms Sonic and Mega Man will have unique 3DS stages as well.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Although I really like the Ode to Pac-Land, I really wished they had used something else as a Pac-Man stage, the 3DS stage is far superior, maybe a DX Championship version for the Wii U version or maybe a Pac-Man World stage

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't think any version of Championship Edition ever showed up on a Nintendo console, if that matters. Pac-Land at least had a Famicom port back in the day.
Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions (3DS) had Championship Edition. Sadly no HOME console version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom