• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M and the Wii U Pro Controller

EscalatorBoy

Smash Rookie
Has anyone been playing with this? I'm trying to plan for the ultimate death of the GC controller now that Wii's are being phased out and Smash 4 is coming. Any major advantages or disadvantages?

EscalatorBoy

Smash Rookie
Ah, right. I keep forgetting there's no back compatibility with the new hardware. I suppose there's no hope of any viable alternatives to ease the transition to the next gen? I've seen a few third party controllers, but nothing that's well reviewed.

X-13

Smash Rookie
I've got P:M set up on my Wii U and play it with the Classic Controller Pro, the one that comes with GoldenEye 007. I can vouch that it works. However, I don't know that it will work with the Wii U games but if I had to guess, probably not.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I have one of the latest Wii models (that black one that comes with NSMBW). It unfortunately lacks GameCube controller and memory card slots so I had to settle for using a Classic Controller Pro and it's honestly a pretty solid controller.
It doesn't really take long to get used to, though I suppose that was only my case because I haven't played Melee in forever, and when I did I was still young so I didn't really play it at the fast pace we see today. I didn't really have to shift from one controller playstyle to another, I suppose.

Anyway yeah, really good controller imo. I use it all the time and I'd recommend giving it a try at least, you won't know how to really feel about it until you do I guess. The Wii U one looks really different though, so if the one for normal Wii can still be used on Wii U then people like me that are used to that one will probably stick to it. If that's the case I'm pretty sure I will.

Top Bottom