• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[P:M 3.6] Project Monolith Announcer Redone & Recompiled! (G. Bowser, Special VS, Multi Man Smash!)

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
As you may or may not know, I am quite the perfectionist when it comes to audio. Quality, framerate, smoothness and the like. It's just in my nature. :p

This being the case, I came across Theytah's Project Monolith Announcer Pack, and while it is quite awesome, there was a few instances that...irked me in terms of the sounds themselves, such as audio cutoffs, and stuttering due to filesize. Not sure if others have had this problem, but I digress.

So, I took it upon myself to recompile the sounds that were guilty of these problems, along with balancing volume and reducing file size for all .sawnd files!

Theytah has given me permission to upload this, so there's no need for any reports or the like. Hope you enjoy it!

The Liiink~:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/60ea3eaua6eohv0/Project Monolith Announcer Redone 3.6b.7z

And as always, you can download the previous Rina-chan Announcer packs right here!

Here's a direct link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dswa33usryau5wl/Project+M+3.5+Female+Announcer.rar

And a link to the Energetic Female Announcer pack:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3fnzubfk5cbfcq8/Project+M+3.5+Energetic+Female+Announcer.rar

Just slide the packed files into the 'sfx' folder, and you're good to go!

Last edited:

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
I LOVE YOU, FULLY HOMO

I love Rina Chan's voice <3
Hehe, why thank you kindly! ^_^
Is this the energetic or boring one?
Well, I would have loved to use the Energetic Announcer, but Rina never recorded optional calls for that pack. ^_^;

So, Seductive one it is. And I don't think it's that boring. :3

Last edited:

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Has a video been made?
Well, there is this incomplete one that Diddy made a couple years ago.

It was made before I tweaked them, and a lot of the sounds in the video aren't used in this pack, but it gives you a general idea.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I got it installed. Loving it so far. Call me crazy, but am I the only one who thinks that Rina's Energetic version can get annoying pretty fast?

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
I got it installed. Loving it so far. Call me crazy, but am I the only one who thinks that Rina's Energetic version can get annoying pretty fast?
Hehe, I see nothing wrong with both versions, but to me, the original version always felt more unique.

And plus, I feel it fits Project M's style of smoothness a bit more. :3

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
That video rustled my jimmies.

In a good way.

Question: Do you have the P:M names like that too for Mewtwo/Roy?
Oh, of course!

You'll have to download the pack to hear it all, my friend. :3

210stuna

Smash Lord
Ah now I read your OP again and I see you mentioned the two additional characters.

Well I downloaded it, and I will put it into my build for a test once I am able to.
Quick Question: In the 'incomplete' video up there from awhile back, Rina didn't say FREE FOR ALL or whatever the announcer says at the CSS, sooo does she say it in this version you uploaded?

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Ah now I read your OP again and I see you mentioned the two additional characters.

Well I downloaded it, and I will put it into my build for a test once I am able to.
Quick Question: In the 'incomplete' video up there from awhile back, Rina didn't say FREE FOR ALL or whatever the announcer says at the CSS, sooo does she say it in this version you uploaded?
Okay, sounds good! But you might wanna download again, since I did a minor update. :3

Oh, and since the code is set up for the menu to say, "Choose your character", I fixed it for her to say, "Select your fighter". And if you switch to Free-for-all, she says, "Can ya choose one?"

Thought it would be nice to keep that original sound in there somehow. =P

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Man, just heard the energetic version and I really hope she'll do the extra calls for it! Sounds awesome.

Not a big fan of this one unfortunately. ):

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Man, just heard the energetic version and I really hope she'll do the extra calls for it! Sounds awesome.

Not a big fan of this one unfortunately. ):
Yeah, the energetic one sounds more appropriate for the game. The seductive one doesn't belong in Smash and seems far more suited for something else.

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Okay, yes, yes, I get it. o.o;

I'd love to make both versions of Announcers, but it just wouldn't be complete with the actual voice clips for Roy or Mewtwo.

I've tried changing the key and pitch of those and adding them to the Energetic one, but they sounded like chipmuks. ^_^;

Question: Would you be okay if I did the Energetic version, but had the Seductive Roy and Mewtwo voices?

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Yeah, the energetic one sounds more appropriate for the game. The seductive one doesn't belong in Smash and seems far more suited for something else.
Yeah, it's not that it's bad, it's that it seems out of place to me.

Okay, yes, yes, I get it. o.o;

I'd love to make both versions of Announcers, but it just wouldn't be complete with the actual voice clips for Roy or Mewtwo.

I've tried changing the key and pitch of those and adding them to the Energetic one, but they sounded like chipmuks. ^_^;

Question: Would you be okay if I did the Energetic version, but had the Seductive Roy and Mewtwo voices?
That could work. Mewtwo sounds fine, and I could deal with Roy. Anyway to contact her to do an energetic M2 or Roy? :p I'm sure that's asking a lot, but hey worth a shot.

Regardless, thanks for this! I can't imagine it's exactly a walk in the park to do all this.

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
That could work. Mewtwo sounds fine, and I could deal with Roy. Anyway to contact her to do an energetic M2 or Roy? :p I'm sure that's asking a lot, but hey worth a shot.

Regardless, thanks for this! I can't imagine it's exactly a walk in the park to do all this.
I may do that tomorrow then, since I've gotta go to sleep now. =P

And nope, I have no way to contact her since she stopped coming here a couple years ago.

And hey, maybe the varied voice clips can be treated like CVS2's secret character voices! Deeper pitched to show how badass they are! :3

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
I thought you were Rita-chan....

I leave disappointed.
Erm, it said on the OP that I WORKED with Rina-chan. I-I'm sorry if that wasn't what you expected.

Guess I can't please everyone. ^_^;

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Ehm i think i could *try* contacting her, since i worked for SSB Crusade and i was the one who contacted her to voice Ashley for the game, i cant promise anything though

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Ehm i think i could *try* contacting her, since i worked for SSB Crusade and i was the one who contacted her to voice Ashley for the game, i cant promise anything though
R-really? Well, I'd surely love it if you could! I'm sure she'd be alright for recording two sounds, right?

And it's alright if you can't, I just appreciate the thought! ^_^

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Okay, I added a 'temporary' Energetic Female Announcer pack! It's got the standard sounds, with the Seductive Roy and Mewtwo voices for a slight special effect.

But it's subject to change in case a certain someone responds. :3

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Think he'll be doing anymore once they add the new characters in? I mean that's the only reason I can think of why they even attempted to change the announcer.

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Think he'll be doing anymore once they add the new characters in? I mean that's the only reason I can think of why they even attempted to change the announcer.
Well, whenever that time may come, it might happen. Who knows, maybe Theytah will get another recording session with Fiji in the future. xP

Last edited:
Top Bottom