• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M 3.5 is out this Friday...what about Bowser.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
The trailer was super hype!

No Bowser news though...this saddens me.

Did the true king get any improvements or are we doing to have to continue pushing him up with sheer skill and few tools?

That's to be seen...I guess. =o

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Lol...a burst-movement Klaw like Sm4sh Bowser's custom side specials would be hype...funny...and maybe a little broken.

But yeah, I'd love a throw for all 4 directions after a Klaw grab. I don't think we'll get them but...

Maybe they at least improved his frames. ;o;

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I wouldn't mind seeing a jump that isn't 8 frames startup and clunky as sin.

"Well Fair has a tipper hitbox and it's really strong! But don't jump it's pretty laggy"

And then you have his movement in general which is clunky and slow and uck. Really in a game about movement options he has the....most blugh to me. (I feel like if they made him less clunky he'd do a lotttt better, just spitballing)

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
I agree. All he needs is some frame improvement so that he isn't like Grandpa making noises when he gets up or sits down.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Like you don't have to go Smash 4 excessive (where he outspeeds like 40 characters and is ranked one spot below ****ing DIDDY in terms of run speed, although he only turned out to be mid-high tier in Smash 4 as of RIGHT NOW), but like, damn son. The meta stresses smooth movement and good options, but you need both in some quantity...

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Smash 4 Bowser's speed makes up for less armor. Still, those invincible punches/kicks are still bad-ass. ;P

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I also think Smash 4 Bowser's range is a bit better, though I can't tell. I think jabs are longer and more reliable in 4, Ftilt feels better and longer in 4, Upair feels reliable, Back Air is absolutely awesome.

Like, don't copy Smash 4 but, it's just evidence that little changes in large quantities can greatly optimize what was once just an outright bad idea...

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Actually Brawl/P:M Bowser's Jabs have longer range, as well as F-tilt. However Smash 4 Bowser's Jabs and F-tilt have invincibility on the fists.

I like both Up-air for their own reasons. The killing power of old Up-air and the quick but still powerful Uair of Sm4sh. Sm4sh Uair is also good at catching double jumps.

Top Bottom