• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

owned by luigi

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i dont know wat the whole deal is but i play my little bro and he uses luigi and i use ylink. we play about 10 games and its like hes equally matched with me or someting O_O i win like 6 games he wins 4. and whenever he wins its usually by 2 and sometimes 3 stocks on a 4stock match.

the thing that usually gets me is that hes so predictable, hes a jumping fairy and i see everything coming but i guess he has better timing or priority. luigis fair is pretty fast and i underestimate its hitbox. he hardly ever plays smash unless i can convince him to play for a little bit. and i practice combos on lvl 1 cpus, i play daily, but not with any humans really only my little bro.

i think ive jus adapted to how lvl 1 cpus dont attack back and i usually run into my brothers attacks while trying to continue a combo. it seems as if luigis recovery from an attack is pretty fast or something

im so embarassed how he can beat me when he has no play time ever unless i can convince/force him to play me. i need to get out more and get some more human experience

Giggidax

Smash Ace
lol thx for the advice, ive been working on it and lately it seems to be paying off. i believe im overcoming my little bros luigi little by little, at least i think so

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
I think your problem is that you are used to playing advanced and when he comes in the the most simple strategy you overthink it and get hit. Either that or just trying to continue your combos like you said. Also, button mashing can be hard t deal with sometimes.

intensezkramer1993

Smash Cadet
Maybe attempt practicing combos on lvl 5s. They attack better, and they have good DI. They can attack back, and will attempt getting out of a combo. Much better practice.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Don't beat yourself up over this keep in mind Luigi is a wavedash god so keep him away with your projectiles since your probably going after him let him come to you. He'll get frustrated with the projectiles and his timing will be off and thats when you make your move and start a combo.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Lol from his description I doubt his little brother can wave dash...

I honestly don't see why no one has told you to go into Training Mode or go against at least level 9 CPUs. I mean just practice your dodges and you'll be fine.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
actually yes my little brother can wavedash, i taught him how but he still needs work on L-cancelling.
about this post i am having little trouble against him now as i have adopted a new style against my younger bro. he has decent timing but bad mentality games (tried using a different word other than mind games lol!)
now that i own him with my ylink he now says "i can beat u if u use any other char except fox or ylink" then he tells me to be Link and i still pwn him for the 1$ MM lol

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Lol from his description I doubt his little brother can wave dash...

I honestly don't see why no one has told you to go into Training Mode or go against at least level 9 CPUs. I mean just practice your dodges and you'll be fine.
I have to disagree with you with fighting lvl 9 CPUs since they have incredible timing and they don't learn from their mistakes. I suggest you play friends from school or go to tournaments so that way you wont be used to just your brothers style since no ones style is the same.

At least you can beat him now unlike before like you said.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
yea l33te i have been pwning him lately, i try to go to tournaments. i play friends around the neighborhood but they hate playing me since i win all the time and shorthop wavedash and do ledgehop aerials (LOL at that one). i actually won my most recent local gamecrazy tourny lol there was noone competitive there tho. so im actually planning on going to O-NO's. are u gonna go? if not u should and i hope to see u there

Giggidax

Smash Ace
yea that is true micheloxx, before i used to be aggressive and hardly used projectiles because i underestimated my brother. i would jus keep on going after him like a lvl 9 cpu. but then i realized i need to trick him into making openings.. lol

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Fighting mind games with mind games I see. Luigi has some good mind games as well because of that godly wavedash and a lot of people misjudge how far it goes which can be bad.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Level nines can powersheild four incoming projectiles, yet always fall for full jumped down-airs. Use them as a warm-up, but don't practice solely with them.

Jash

Smash Lord
The thing is about Luigi that kinda makes him cheap is that.....the dude barely has any frames. Try dodging most of his attacks and shield grabbing him too. but be careful when down throwing him, his recovery is so broken that he might hit you before you even finish your grab lag :laugh: anyway, just dodge his attacks and always nair or dair when he does his FowardB to come back.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
There are some really n00b posts in this thread. Look, you wanna beat Luigi? Firstly, realize that he's low tier and not very good, especially in the hands of a kid who doesn't play much and whose only opponent is someone who thinks Level 9 comps are good training.

Secondly, pick Sheik. Sheik ***** Luigi. You win.

Jash

Smash Lord
There are some really n00b posts in this thread. Look, you wanna beat Luigi? Firstly, realize that he's low tier and not very good, especially in the hands of a kid who doesn't play much and whose only opponent is someone who thinks Level 9 comps are good training.

Speaking of n00b post.....

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice

Wow and you call him a n00b, you shouldn't be talking and the reason why he isn't a good luigi is because he doesn't play a lot and the reason why he plays lvl 9 CPUs is because he doesnt have anyone else to play.

Who says ylink can't **** luigi I've done many times.

Giggidax

Smash Ace

wtf i never said i play lvl 9 comps lol. read before u post. and also luigi doesnt suck u prolly jus havnt met anyone that uses him. but yea this thread is old news really, i figured out that luigi's hit recovery is wat was throwing me off. dthrowing isnt really a good idea at low percents at least becauseu will jus get dair'd or nair'd . i go with the uthrow for luigi

attention folks, i do not play lvl 9's for training, but i admit i used to back in n64 ssb, and when i first got ssbm. but then i realized i can 99 stock roy on japes while taking a shower. lol!

lol yea jash speaking of n00b posts

Top Bottom