• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Owensboro Kentucky Smash Group

Naryx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Naryx17
Hello My name is Naryx and i just recently Started a Smash group in Owensboro Kentucky I'm trying to find out if the are more players in the area that want to participate in our weekly events.They will be held every Monday night Starting at around 5 pm. I will have a link to the Smash groups Facebook page as well as the event page. If you are in the area and want to attend please either post on this thread, send me a message, or simply join the Facebook page for the group and event. I am looking forward to helping the Owensboro smash scene grow now that we have a set weekly. Can't wait to see how this all goes :)

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/910047959035988/

Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1535998906659620/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Last edited:

Mr. Brown

Smash Cadet
The Western Ky smash scene is very stale, but I'm glad to know that there are people out there trying to help grow it. I have also started a Facebook smash group for people around Murray or Hopkinsville, KY. The name of the Facebook group is "Murray State Smash". I can't post links yet. Feel free to join! Let's get a scene growing!

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
Feel free to come up anytime Caleb. Also, on the 24th there is a decent sized tourney in Evansville with a group of 4-6 of us in Owensboro going.

Naryx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Naryx17
Hey Caleb! yeah we would love to have more people come down and ill be sure to go join your page and share it as well!

Naryx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Naryx17
Awesome cant' wait! And im not sure how long the drive is for you to Owensboro but we would love to see you guys at our weeklies ^^

Mr. Brown

Smash Cadet
I think it's a little too far for us during the week. I go to Murray State which adds an extra hour to the Owensboro drive. If I was in Hopkinsville during the week it would only be about a hour and 15 minute drive which wouldn't be bad at all. Are you looking at having Melee at your weeklies or is it just going to be Smash 4?

Naryx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Naryx17
as of right now just smash 4 but if we get enough interest and set people want to bring set ups we may start melee as well

ShovelSandwich

Smash Rookie
Does Murray State Smash have weeklies or any other events coming up? I go here too, and since I'm kind of a scrub, I've been looking for better players to help teach me the ways.

Mr. Brown

Smash Cadet
@ ShovelSandwich ShovelSandwich -- we don't have weeklies or anything right now. We wanted to do monthlies, but Murray seems to be kind of dead when it comes to smash. It has kind of just turned into a place where you can find local smashers to play with, which is okay I guess... Also, we are scrubs too that are looking to get better. What smash game do you play? Join the group if you have FB

Top Bottom