• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overlooking Stages

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
I remember my first smash battle.

I was hyper and weird, then. I had no strategies.

And I got my butt kicked.

Sometimes I still do, because I overlook somethings. It's something we do in habits of Smash, but without it, I think we would all be pretty stupid.

Like the stage itself. Sometimes we get way too into a heated back-and-forth, then you don't measure your AREA. Because of this, you can, maybe Uair someone, but realize there's no chance that you're gonna land it. Other times you get to close to a hazard, like on the Mute City stage's hovercars, and you get hit by them and KO'd and you're all, "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?"

Its the AREA that is the reason you end up like this. You have to watch out. Especially in doubles, if you get too close. Since, I think it's friendly fire on, you can end up Bair'd or something when you get to close while your teammate tries to Bair someone else. It's something overlooked, really.

Around maybe, the Ice Climbers stage, you know you have to move. But you need to know that in some other stage. So what I'm saying is sorta gibberishy to myself, to be honest, but I know it is something overlooked A LOT and results in many KOs. So...Yeah.

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
if you ever play me dont worry bout overlookin things like stages, i;ll combo you 0-any % any day no cares about what stage its on
_
-nodnod- -.-
It's not like I'm looking forward to playing against you, thought.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
If you see, a lot of good players use the stage to their advantages.
Samus's platform-cancelling missiles on Battlefield, Dreamland
Ness's down-bing next to the cannon on Corneria
Oh and Icicle Mountain is banned so you can't really play on it but I get what you mean.

Top Bottom