• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overload 2014 - Grand Final Project M in Chile :)

Danny_SsB

Smash Apprentice
hello, recently there was a national tournament in Chile where I had the honor to play and make it to Grand Final with Mario, I hope you enjoy this final :D

Last edited:

yellowdee

Smash Apprentice
That's really good gameplay there! I like how you don't over-commit to anything. It's Mario! You don't need to!

Danny_SsB

Smash Apprentice
thx a lot, but I see that this section of the Forum is a little inactive, there is someone else who wants to comment about the video :c?

GeZ

Smash Lord
thx a lot, but I see that this section of the Forum is a little inactive, there is someone else who wants to comment about the video :c?
You need to work on your movement and fireball game. You spend too much time in the air throwing fireballs. You need to capitalize on fireballs and not throw so many. You need to work on your grasp of your opponents habits and your reaction to those habits, as well as the inverse. You need to confirm kills with every hit you land. You need to work on your edgeguarding. You need to develop your neutral game (an easy way to do this is practice without Fireballs and Dair). You need to do things with something in mind, or to put it more aptly, turn off the auto pilot. And work on your throw follow ups. A lot of them didn't make any sense and led to chasing your opponent with your jumps into the air just to throw a fireball or whiff an aerial.

If you'd like clarification on any of these just ask and I'll elaborate.

Last edited:

Danny_SsB

Smash Apprentice
You need to work on your movement and fireball game. You spend too much time in the air throwing fireballs. You need to capitalize on fireballs and not throw so many. You need to work on your grasp of your opponents habits and your reaction to those habits, as well as the inverse. You need to confirm kills with every hit you land. You need to work on your edgeguarding. You need to develop your neutral game (an easy way to do this is practice without Fireballs and Dair). You need to do things with something in mind, or to put it more aptly, turn off the auto pilot. And work on your throw follow ups. A lot of them didn't make any sense and led to chasing your opponent with your jumps into the air just to throw a fireball or whiff an aerial.

If you'd like clarification on any of these just ask and I'll elaborate.
I am grateful for your opinion about my matches. About the fireballs, I realized that against Pit was the only way to keep away and avoid giving in to the pressure of its air attacks and try to find the space to punish him, I realized that in another video of another Grand Final to will post soon.

About the Edguarding, Pit can fly, there's not much you can do about it. What solution is there for this?

GeZ

Smash Lord
I am grateful for your opinion about my matches. About the fireballs, I realized that against Pit was the only way to keep away and avoid giving in to the pressure of its air attacks and try to find the space to punish him, I realized that in another video of another Grand Final to will post soon.

About the Edguarding, Pit can fly, there's not much you can do about it. What solution is there for this?
Actually the thought process of "this tool is the only way to deal with that" is what's holding you back. You need to be able to deal with his aerial control and pressure without fireball as only knowing how to stop him with fireball will get you screwed over when you end up playing against better players as they'll notice your habit of throwing fireballs and flatten you for relying on it too much.

If Pit is coming up from the bottom of the stage Bairs work well, if he's coming in from above just follow him and punish whatever he does out of glide.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
If he keeps flying back, keep hitting him. bair and fair and fireballs on the platform above\ground level are the answer.

Top Bottom