• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overalls Wario

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

I've always hated the idea of alternate costumes, but if only one person got them, I'm glad it's Wario.

Do you think when Kirby sucks up Wario like this, he'll get a yellow hat? I hope they don't get too developed over it and just give him the Warioware Helmet.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
Normally, I'm tame, but what kind of crappy update is this?! Has Sakurai really suck that low? All I know is, the Christmas update better be ftw.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
I'm so happy. I've been wishing for this since he was first shown in May of 06.

Also, I intend to make one of the most confusing matches of all time. Classic Wario in his Mario colors vs. mario in his Wario colors.

Smash Apprentice
Normally, I'm tame, but what kind of crappy update is this?! Has Sakurai really suck that low? All I know is, the Christmas update better be ftw.
Because Sakurai celebrates Christmas?

True Fool

Smash Ace
I am pleased to see original Wario as a costume. I might like to see other characters with different costumes, but in my opinion he deserved it the most.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I am pleased to see original Wario as a costume. I might like to see other characters with different costumes, but in my opinion he deserved it the most.

You d@mn right Wario deserves it the mos. Tonights update is some good $hit.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
****it, I want the Classic Wario Render now!!!

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
This update, as far as I can tell, opens up similar possibilities for a few (emphasis on "few") other characters. I mean let's face it, giving something like this to only one character, no matter who it is, is just wasted potential of an idea that's ****-well due for Smash Bros., even though I can think of only like, two other characters that this idea could work for (Solid Snake, for example: I always thought his MGS1 Sneaking Suit looked better than the one in MGS2).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This update, as far as I can tell, opens up similar possibilities for a few (emphasis on "few") other characters. I mean let's face it, giving something like this to only one character, no matter who it is, is just wasted potential of an idea that's ****-well due for Smash Bros., even though I can think of only like, two other characters that this idea could work for (Solid Snake, for example: I always thought his MGS1 Sneaking Suit looked better than the one in MGS2).

READ......
But Wario alone is special...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because Sakurai celebrates Christmas?
Christmas is celebrated in Japan as far as I know, but not religiously.

I don't think anyone will use WarioWare Wario now.
LOL. That's almost TOO TRUE! >_<

Seriously though, I wonder if Sakurai is connected to the fans. Everyone likes alternate costumes or the idea, but why did we not get it=??? Seriously, getting stickers and just one character with 4 alternate outfits=wtf? o_O I really wonder if Sakurai is connected with the fans right now, in terms of everything outside of extras and stuff.

I never met a smasher in my life who flat out doesn't want alternate outfits. It's just a cool idea, that makes the roster bigger. But at least it's information, and at least it's something. Seriously though Sakurai, fans want alternate outfits, NOT stickers. Trophies are WAYYY better, anyways! XD They don't have to go into Wario-like detail (total changes), but even some things like Dixie Kong for Diddy Kong are nice. *ends rant* But I got to admit the detail and changes with Wario is AMAZING! Nice job on at least making the only four "ture" alternate outfits awsome Brawl graphic designers. WELL DONE, and Merry Christmas! :grin:

vesperview

Smash Hero
Look if there's something that is obvious is that Classic Wario>WarioWare Wario and that's the reason that only Wario has an Alt costume, you bet that if Wario had been in this attire from the beginning, WarioWare alt Costume would be a no-show unless all characters were getting alternate costumes.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Christmas is celebrated in Japan as far as I know, but not religiously.
There's Christianity in Japan >_>

I never met a smasher in my life who flat out doesn't want alternate outfits. It's just a cool idea, that makes the roster bigger.
Umm... first post?

I've always hated the idea of alternate costumes, but if only one person got them, I'm glad it's Wario.
How does it make the roster bigger?

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I love Warios classic look waaaaay better. And also hes picture when you select him is better than the other one. Nice update in my opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alternate costumes take the same memory as clones...

(Which is more than alternate colors)

They basically ARE clones, with the same stats and stuff

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well, if you have alternate costumes, like Classic Wario. You sorta have 2 kinds of Wario's.

And that's how it works little children!
Yeah, it's still Wario. It adds variety to the characters, but doesn't add to the amount of characters. There is one Wario in Brawl with two costumes.

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, the alternate costume looks like crap. Here I was hoping when i first saw it that it would mean alternates for some others, but that was deconfirmed as I read. If only they had made it more detailed, but I guess Sakurai thought that fat rolling over the overalls was detailed enough:ohwell:

Glinth

Smash Journeyman

Do you think when Kirby sucks up Wario like this, he'll get a yellow hat? I hope they don't get too developed over it and just give him the Warioware Helmet.
Agreed, and also, its says Wario ALONE is special, so I <3 this update...
**** ALT Costumes

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Alternate costumes take the same memory as clones...

(Which is more than alternate colors)

They basically ARE clones, with the same stats and stuff
This is exactly why I hated the Idea, but I can forgive this update
since it also DeConfirms other ALT's :D

I never met a smasher in my life who flat out doesn't want alternate outfits.
You just did T_T

D

Deleted member

Who didn't see this coming? =P

I like this idea. Bringing back the classic is something I can live with. If I ever use Wario, I'll be using his overalls alt.

Onion Knight

Smash Cadet
personally, a lot of updates have been crap lately and left me a bit dissapointed compared to the excitement I recieved from the site months ago, however, tonights update was a great way to revoke those excitment feelings. An alternet costume for one character brings many hopes for more alternet costumes. Even if Wario is the only one, its almost like he's a character and a half. The last update that got me all excited was Wario Man.

A lot of work has gone into Wario, and I hope that it goes the same for the other characters as well.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
ok I went to the dojo and read the update in another language and it just said that Wario is a special case...it didnt say he's the only one.......so hopefully we might see more alts...

Controller of Flames

Smash Rookie
When I read it in French it stated that Wario is ver special, just a bad choice of wording on the translation. I bet there will be some more alternate costumes now for a few characters.

Percon

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who likes Warioware Wario better?

Ah well, I'm glad the option is there. If they did this with some other characters we might get the clones back.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
When i first saw the 2006 trailer for Brawl and wario in his warioware costume, I was thinking, ok..cool...wheres his *real* costume though?? The the alternate colors update showed Mario with the Wario costume still..so I was thinking there was no hope..but ya...guess I was wrong, this update is somewhat decent!

Now if they could..

-Make TP link have alt. Wind Waker link costume (or replace WW link with young link)
-Sonic have a Shadow alt costume, I know theres a black sonic but he doesn't have the red spikes and glide boot things.
-And alot of people want the old melee fox model instead of the near big forehead small ears one...personally I don't care bout that but he does look a bit ********.

Dais

Smash Cadet
Old School Wario rawks! Too bad there isn't any Fusion Suit Samus. :( That recolor is kinda lame.

Top Bottom