• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Over/Under Powered

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
What characters seem off balance to you, and why?

To me, Toon Link seems a little too quick, not that thats bad, but it sort of Nullifies a lot of Link players.

Olimar seems a little underpowered to me, I dunno, or maybe he'se just a lot harder to master, cant play him for the life of me.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I cannot understand Lucario. All the other characters I can at least pretend I know what I'm doing, but I haven't been able to grasp his moveset yet.

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
Snake isn't a charecter you can pick up and play. He doesn't play like the the others, he's more... methodical. In a crowded- 4 person fight, you've got to take advantage of the confusion. Maybe you could, say lay a remote detonator mine, blow 'em up that way, when they do not expect it. The rocket can be effective for staight on attacks, and other projectiles deflect it, not destroy it. He's effective close range if you know how to fight him but he's tough in the air. To use him effectively, you can't run in and attack without thinking it out carefully. He's too slow for that. But, if you know how to fight with him, I expect he play quite well. His recovery is great, but cannot be used to attack, which is a bad thing. But yeah, I don't think he'll be lower tier, and may even be higher-tier.

On a side note, Olimar's useless, far as I can tell. Haven't hardly tried Yoshi yet, have not unlocked toon link yet.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
Snake isn't a charecter you can pick up and play. He doesn't play like the the others, he's more... methodical. In a crowded- 4 person fight, you've got to take advantage of the confusion. Maybe you could, say lay a remote detonator mine, blow 'em up that way, when they do not expect it. The rocket can be effective for staight on attacks, and other projectiles deflect it, not destroy it. He's effective close range if you know how to fight him but he's tough in the air. To use him effectively, you can't run in and attack without thinking it out carefully. He's too slow for that. But, if you know how to fight with him, I expect he play quite well. His recovery is great, but cannot be used to attack, which is a bad thing. But yeah, I don't think he'll be lower tier, and may even be higher-tier.

On a side note, Olimar's useless, far as I can tell. Haven't hardly tried Yoshi yet, have not unlocked toon link yet.

well I dunno about that, whenI got Snake in SSE, his Running A move (the rolling one) can haul *** through pretty much any level, he deals a lot of damage too.

But of course, he does play very differently in a 4 man brawl, multiplayer.

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
Olimar, useless?
Fraid not, Im interested in this little fellow, hes got some **** good attacks when it comes to his aerials and smashes.
With the right pikmin at this dispense, certain moves are more effective than others, like his up aerial. I noticed last night when engaging it with an electric pikmin, it would have much more knockback than usual.
Im too busy getting Wario down, but I plan on making Olimar my secondary.

timbu

Smash Apprentice
olimar = so strong and so much range and so **** small

lucario's moveset is very very basic, just combo with uptilt into whatever direction aerial your opponent is flying towards. Kill with fsmash, dsmash, and dair.

exo5

Smash Rookie
I think Pit and Pikachu are a little over powered.

The thunderbolt Pikachu uses can be exploited. My KOs get stolen from me quite often if a foe I strike is going off the screen.

As far as pit, if hes in the match he seems to come out on top. I dunno why and this is just my opinion and observation.

As far as under powered I would say Big link seems to have a few short commings One I will quickly point out is his bombs.

I dont see Peach having a great attack set either.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Pit is a comfortable character. Easy to control. Easy to recover. His 5 jumps are comfortable too. His rolling attacks hit easily (but are not strong).

Although I don't think Lucas is weak, I have a hard time controlling him. Maybe because I feel I am using Ness and he is so different.

Lucario has a short, strong style of combat. Is all about precision, timing and spacing.

I think characters are pretty balanced. There are no strong AND fast character anymore.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Pit is getting a popularity. His recovery is fantastic, his moves are simple and clean, and he is easy to control.
Olimar, you have to know how to use him properly, or else your screw'd. Same goes with Snake. They are not pick-up-and-go characters.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Olimar and Snake aren't underpowered. They're just very difficult to use. Snake plays like Samus did in Melee without any advanced techniques. You had to manipulate your opponent and use your special moves to throw them off. Olimar relies on having Pikmin and in my opinion his main offense is going to be tossing Pikmin on people and getting in some Fairs and Nairs. Other than that he really has trouble building damage.

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's a beast. His smashes have huge range and intense knockback. He racks up damage like a fiend and KOs at even lower %.

His fair and uair are sweet. His Fsmash is glorious. Definitely my main for the time being.

IWANTHOTDOG

Smash Apprentice
I can say Olimar really isn't that good, or I just completely suck with him. He seems really hard to work with. I failed miserably against a cpu with im lol....

Top Bottom