• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Over-powered amiibos?

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone think they make the game the opposite of fun?

Trained a few amiibos, never feed equipment. Friend fed equipment until his had stats of 50+ in all three categories. No fun at all to play against it, way too over-powered.

I like that amiibos learn and adapt but this whole item feeding thing ruins it.

1amayzingman

Smash Cadet
NNID
1amayzingman
I agree. My brother bought a Link amiibo and it can win an eight player 3-stock match with all of his stocks still remaining and with very little damage (I'm not saying it's impossible to do, but what are the odds?), not to mention how difficult he is to touch because he's constantly throwing his boomerang and bombs at you.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
IMO Amiibos are more fun when you fight alongside them, or watch them fight CPUs or each other.

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Put 'em on teams with you and watch the magic happen.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
The point of Amiibos is to be even more advanced AI than the level 9 CPUs, which are better than the 3DS level 9 CPUs in every way possible. Train them to be your partner if they kick your ass.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Yeah i think the feeding thing makes em wayyyyyy too op. But playing with them on teams and seeing them grow is suprisingly entertaining haha

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Anyone think they make the game the opposite of fun?

Trained a few amiibos, never feed equipment. Friend fed equipment until his had stats of 50+ in all three categories. No fun at all to play against it, way too over-powered.

I like that amiibos learn and adapt but this whole item feeding thing ruins it.
I relish the challenge. 1/30 battles I win against my amiibo(it's around the same stats as the numbers you mentioned). There are times it taunts me and I go "WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO DO THAT?!" ME: "Oh...right..I did..damn it.."

She's an adorable little monster I created....*sobs because he can't win anymore*

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
I relish the challenge. 1/30 battles I win against my amiibo(it's around the same stats as the numbers you mentioned). There are times it taunts me and I go "WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO DO THAT?!" ME: "Oh...right..I did..damn it.."

She's an adorable little monster I created....*sobs because he can't win anymore*
Haha this is the perfect example why Amiibo can be awesome

Morbi

Scavenger
I have not tried yet; all of the Amiibo that I wanted sold out, I was going to get a Little Mac, but the Gamestop employee told me that release date was changed to December 30th, 2014. I decided to pick up the last Fox and read up on how to use it. I am discouraged to use it in Smash as it can only save one game at a time, or so I have read. However, the main reason I did not use him was because I knew the "item feeding" would make it less fun. I did not realize that you could opt out. I might give him a try without the equipment.

PF9

Smash Lord
and by having multiple Amiibo, you can farm collectibles more easily by having them all fight each other in 99 stock battles

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
I am discouraged to use it in Smash as it can only save one game at a time, or so I have read.
It's true, however, as it stands, Smash is the only game out there that uses amiibos to this extent(Trainable CPUs). The other games, specifically Hyrule Warriors, are just used as read only and unlock random equipment(with the exceptions of Link, Zelda, Toon Link(surprisingly), and Shiek which are given character specific weapons). MK8 just unlocks costumes.

yogo540

Smash Rookie
I'm curious to see what game will utilize their mobile storage ability next. Pokemon would be an interesting application.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, I want to see some of the high-tier competitive players all band together on a team to take down an absurdly overpowered Amiibo. A bit off topic, but yeah. You don't HAVE to feed your Amiibo equipment, just like you don't HAVE to EV Train a Pokémon. If it's not your thing, it's easy to avoid.

Mrkaoz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrkaoz
I still win from my lvl 50 Samus amiibo, but I don't know if I will win it from my lvl 50 Little Mac amiibo when I got it. :\

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I want to see some of the high-tier competitive players all band together on a team to take down an absurdly overpowered Amiibo. A bit off topic, but yeah. You don't HAVE to feed your Amiibo equipment, just like you don't HAVE to EV Train a Pokémon. If it's not your thing, it's easy to avoid.
I think a better comparison would be "You don't HAVE to feed your Amiibo equipment, just like you don't HAVE to use an all-legendary team on Battle Spot".

Top Bottom