• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Over all luigi help

Illest_toon

Smash Cadet
Is there a full Luigi T and AT guide, I'm having trouble with
-fireball-waveland
-recovering with down B
-approaching

and the list goes on; I'm just wondering I've been through most forums but there is never one solid answer, I have to piece together things but that's still difficult. So if anyone would care to help me with the little things it would help.
Thanks in advance

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Recovering with down B, you can do it once while you're in the air, to use it again you have to grab the ledge or land on the ground, just keep hammering B when you start it. Fireball waveland I don't do, so sorry on that. Usually approaching you have to have multiple options. Sometimes I wavedash a few times to gain momentum then short hop into a nair and then if they get hit by that I do a quicj U air to catch them then an up tilt or 2 then another aerial. You can always try a wavedash into shield grab, or a wavedash into D smash then some aerials. Luigi has a lot of options

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Luigi has a lot of great approach options and most of them can start with a fireball.

Wavedash F tilt. His F tilt has crazy long reach to begin with and a good amount of active frames.
Maximizing your wavedash forward is the only thing that you may have trouble with at first.
This approach is very good at catching people off guard.

Short hop Double Fair is also useful. It's hard to punish, deadly and can be safe on block if you space yourself properly.

Down B on the ground is easy to get a hit confirm. Plus if they block you can mash B a few times to get pretty good height. To escape any counter attempts. (Remember Luigi can gain more height from the ground from mashing B than in air)
If you are slightly above them after down B just come down doing a Nair or Down Air.

Top Bottom