• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(OUTDATED) "Know my Power!"  Everything About Meta Knight UPDATE (Rapid Jab Edge-Cancel)

(OUTDATED) "Know my Power!" Everything About Meta Knight UPDATE (Rapid Jab Edge-Cancel)

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Bonk! submitted a new guide:

"Know my Power!" Everything About Meta Knight (Almost Done) - Very in-depth breakdown of Meta Knight's playstyle, moveset, combos, and ATs

Come!
The general consensus of the Smash 4 community is that Meta Knight is near unplayable after his transition from Brawl to Smash 4... AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHY. Seriously, did people just not bother spending time in the lab with this guy? The beautiful people over at the Meta Knight boards (all 7 of us) have come together to show you what you've been missing out on.

My name is Bonk! and while Smash 4 is my first real experience with...
Read more about this guide...

Madwolf17

Smash Rookie
Loved the guide! Made an account literally 5 secs ago just to say that. I could kiss you for this wonderful gift (when it's completed that is)
Fangirl(boy)ing now successfully done. I have a few tidbits of food for thought that you can look over and use/debuff based on my own experence with the Star Warrior and didn't see yet in the guide.

The first is that the DM cape is one of MK's best recovery moves next to the Drill rush. on stage, off stage, airborne, doesn't matter. The reason I say that is because there is almost 0 lag from it if you smother that urge to hold it long enough for the swing to activate and move your reappear position out of striking range from your opponent; this leaves you free to punish the obvious dash attack or projectile that will come ur way. In my experience hardly anyone expects it because they are expecting the slash that usually comes afterward. Just use this trick sparingly.

2nd little tidbit is a probably what all MK's fall prey too: trying to punish a opponent offstage is a disaster waiting to happen. Yes MK can in theory be the best damn gimper in the game but here is the thing:everyone and their mother knows that is his thing and are just drooling at the prospect of punishing a kill thirsty MK. I'm not saying never ever do it, just only do it once in a blue moon. Ariel combat poking over the stage is MK's bread and butter tho so do that **** constantly if you can. Ground assault is ok but I only use those moves when I wanna throw my opponents off my trail as it were.

Tornado is a great dash attack punisher and it blocks those pesky projectiles that make MK's life a living hell.

Now I'm done boring you with my suggestions. Again this only stuff that I didn't see on ur guide so take all this info with the patience of a teacher humoring the naive suggestions of a young student.

Happy smashing <3

tayl0165

Smash Rookie
NNID
smashbruh33
Yo I watched your sleepless video I was super impressed with your metaknight tech. I've never even read a guide on smash boards, but this was so baller I guess I have no choice but to read some more and hope they are as good as yours. Thanks for the knowledge drop, and keep up the good work!

NeonShadowz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ItsIve
Do you know of any video that could help me learn the down throw to UpAir(x5) up B?

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991

a combo lol
You can do it at earlier percents to get all 5 in, but more often than not you're gonna wanna just go for an Up-B. Dash attack is much more useful for setting up the string as it is harder to DI correctly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom