• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of order, new matchup thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
i get ftilted/shieldgrabbed depending on spacing
It works. Just he can't pull it off in a match ever. I talked to him and he just laughed because its like impossible to actually do. If you do do it then huge props to you. :)
I remember going into training mode and discovering that footstool thing for myself too, before I even used Wolf :p And yeah, it'll never happen in a real match, too hard to do, and I can't think of a time you'll ever get to get in that Uair on him at 0% with the right spacing and stuff.
Lol I'm gonna try and put it into my game I can do it consistently in training mode so its worth a shot. :)

Out of all the characters I love fighting these characters: Lucas, MetaKnight, and last but not least R.O.B.

Everyone has said it all ready R.O.B. can't do squat when he is in the air nothing, zilch, nada, zip. (He can air-dodge but thats easily read if your good at juggling.) Being too far away from R.O.B is a no-no he can camp pretty well if the R.O.B player is smart at it. It should be common knowledge that you can reflect his projectiles. I only Fsmash for punishing. If he uses a SH Fair perfect shield into a SH Fair or Bair ( If your back is turned) R.O.B can gimp Wolf but its tough if the Wolf knows how to recover effeciently. Mostly when R.O.B is recovering he will shoot a laser or Gyro to add on extra damage or stop what you were trying to do to him. You shouldn't go off stage really to deal damage or whatever unless he is high up for a Fair kill. If you get the Gyro don't just immediatelty chuck it at him shoot with your blaster a bit this causes pressure into the R.O.B players mind because now he has to think when you are going to throw it. Better yet you can Z-drop the item then quickly use an aerial to deal damage and the juicy part is while damaging R.O.B you will re-grab the Gyro!! I do this whenever I get the chance using the blaster while mixing up with aerials will probably make the R.O.B. user forget about the gyro that you have since you were pummeling him which sucks for R.O.B. if your holding a fully charged gyro. I also use the Gyro for edgeguarding, and to read peoples rolls its flashly and useful. R.O.B. has a hard time killing in general and to top it off Wolf is a heavyweight AND he has some great horizontal resistance which makes Fsmash tough to use. You can SDI (Smash Directional Influence) out of his Dsmash by mashing up on your control stick its tough to do especially since Wolf is heavy. R.O.B.'s Nair can get predictable most of the time I see one using it is if:

They are recovering towards the stage.

They are hanging on the ledge and need some breathing room to get back on.

They are coming from above trying to stop your juggling attempts mostly they'll do a retreating Nair.

When thay are below you.

Out of Shield they'll retreat most definetly in this scenario you can punish with anything basically. (well not everything.)

The most annoying moves will probably be these:

Ftilt (Espescially if its perfectly spaced)

Dtilt

Medium charged Robo Beam.

Dsmash (They will mostly use this out of shield or a spotdodge.)

SH Fair If its autocanceled R.O.B. can do two in a single short hop so beware of those mixups.
Your most annoying moves to R.O.B are probably these.

Bair (Don't over use this make sure you use it in a smart way and space well with it.)

Any move keep him in the air.

Mid-range Blaster?

Fair (puts him in the air :))

The stages I can't stand to play R.O.B. on are anything that give him alot of room to run and camp really.

Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Castle Seige (Second and third part is ugh....irritating.
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Electric stage If R.O.B is in the center of the stage and your on one of the treadmills your gonna get camped hard.)

Stgaes I like are:
Battlefield (<3 juggling)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl) (Shy Guys can stop the Gyro sometimes depends on strength)
Rainbow Cruise (Air battle <3)
Brinstar (projectile game don't work here son!!!! Most of the time....:laugh:

Yep thats all I have my general playstyle in this match-up is Intelligent aggression if that made sense lol.

Match-up ratio to me 55:45 R.O.B. by a tad bit.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Use more Uthrow on ROB. You can juggle him pretty easily for damage.

And watch for ROB to use spotdodge>Dsmash on the ground. It's godly.

That's all I've got for ROB.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
ROB gets ***** in the air, but he's still a **** :(

I still need more experience with this matchup, but I think that it's probably a slight advantage for ROB.

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'll just learn rob more for you Arda
<3

Oh also, I need to talk to you about that tournament coming up at RU tomorrow in gym.

And also also, I forgot that I was banned from having fun until I destroy my college apps. So I either a) can't come over for a while, or b) not be a ****** and tell my parents that I'm at your house next time :p

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
<3

Oh also, I need to talk to you about that tournament coming up at RU tomorrow in gym.

And also also, I forgot that I was banned from having fun until I destroy my college apps. So I either a) can't come over for a while, or b) not be a ****** and tell my parents that I'm at your house next time :p

I use Robert Ish. Come down to Md/Va sometime and play me:bee: Apparently I have a really gay *** Rob. Because I use top, laser, and ftilt. I just keep my distance and run away. I make them work for it.
XD lolz i'm not going to the one at RU i'm going to C3 in VA
Wish I could go.X_X If only it wasn't pre-thanksgiving week and I didn't work at a supermarket.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i have trouble against my friends rob actually, i do fine on the stage and with juggling but he likes to grab and throw me offstage then just chases me down and Fairs me until i'm too far away to recover, i DI up and away but then he just up airs me or fairs again and flies away like a like *&^%&

it hurts me so bad ;~;
help please

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i wish i could just will wolf to not go flying off stage when he gets hit but sadly he's not prone to listening to me...

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
@ Goldenadept

Don't get hit off the stage at low percents.

When he throws/hits you off stage, try DIing up and towards, not away. Away is never worth it (avoiding the attack by DIing away just ensures that you will die, so DI up and towards). At high enough percents, it can save you from getting KOed off the side. At mid to high percents, it will make killing you with an offstage Fair more difficult.

If he starts chasing you offstage after you've been knocked away a decent distance (as in, not low percents) and you are positioned to land on the stage with a DJ (as in, you DIed real good), you can DJ AD onto the stage. Worst case, he hits you towards the stage center. Do NOT DJ AD if you cannot land on the stage with it (forced to up B = edgeguarded).

If he starts chasing you offstage and you cannot DJ AD onto the stage, beware of using your DJ. If you feel lucky, you can try DJ Fair to beat out his Fair (maybe) and hopefully launch him far enough away or just jump over him to land on the stage. Otherwise, don't use your DJ. DJ Shine (you lose horizontal movement and side B is too slow) and DJ Blaster (you hit him = frame disadvantage) will get you killed. You're better off getting hit by the Fair while saving your DJ.

If he hits you with a Fair offstage, make sure you are DIing up and towards. If you're fast enough, you can probably SDI a bit as well. That should send you up enough after the hit so you can DJ over him, or at least attempt a side B if you don't have your DJ.

You DID save your DJ right?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf vs MK is not 65/35 in MKs favour ... rediscussion? The only character lower than ROB, who beats Wolf is Sheik so who cares...

tekkie

Smash Master
70:30 wolf over mk amirite

what's up with this board and declaring every matchup as even or wolf's favor as soon as someone almost beats an s tier character? :p

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

what's up with this board and declaring every matchup as even or wolf's favor as soon as someone almost beats an s tier character? :p
Good observation. It's what mid-tiers do :3

But yeah, I don't know. I don't think it's really 65-35 because that's what I think D3 is, and... yeah. Still doesn't change the fact that I suck against MK :<

Let's wait till ROB is finished up though. Any CP ideas?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Meh, I'd still take ROB to Halberd/Brinstae anyday just because Wolf is good at those stages. ROB doesn't benefit from them all that much.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf vs Mk is at worst 60-40. It really isn't that bad when you learn the matchup. I verse sanoscy a bunch of times on wifi for experience. He taught me how to punish nado and to plan out when to beat out mk with shine and stuff. He also never fell for any grab release ****. Nado loses to shine and laser. Wolf can usmash oos after a nado. Wolf is heavy. Mk is light. Wolf can kill Mk rather early with dsmash compared to other characters. The best move mk has on Wolf is without a doubt in my mind his fair. That move is the move that generally stops Wolf or combos him well. Shuttle loop loses to shine (big shocker).

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I've thought that Wolf does fine against MK for looooooooooooooooooooooong time. When a good example of the matchup occurs at a high level, might as well mention it.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

You're basically asking...

Why does an extremly under rated character's board start to think more about said characters matchups when someone who reps said character accomplishes something?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Why does an extremly under rated character's board start to think more about said characters matchups when someone who reps said character accomplishes something?
I want to verse M2k.:bee: Oh and did Candy verse M2k with his Wolf and win or not play at all?

tekkie

Smash Master

that's a bit of a stretch

i'd like to see people post other stuff than "shine beats glide attack therefore we win".

also i wanna see these videos. i hope m2k **** himself when he went even with a c-tier character lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
that's a bit of a stretch

i'd like to see people post other stuff than "shine beats glide attack therefore we win".

also i wanna see these videos. i hope m2k **** himself when he went even with a c-tier character lol
I take it then that you didn't see the ANtI vs M2K matches then?

- Bair/fair trade/beat MKs aerials
- Wolf can Shine tornado from every position
- Uair/fair can beat Dair camping with fresh fairs beating the nado (or shine)
- MK dsmash kills Wolf at 150% even if you don't DI perfectly, Wolf kills MK a lil bit earlier
- Wolf ftilt outranges MKs ground game
- Nair beats tornado (if you hit right) and at over 100% can combo into dsmash
- You can punish dsmash by dsmashing back

Is that enough for you?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

- MK dsmash kills Wolf at 150% even if you don't DI perfectly, Wolf kills MK a lil bit earlier

Is that enough for you?

Wolf's ftilt outranges Mk's ground game? That doesn't sound true at all.

tekkie

Smash Master

Is that enough for you?

I'd like to see some sort of proof that bair/fair trade/beat MK's aerials, what with MK having an infinite priority sword and all. Ftilt is extremely punishable. Shielding dsmash pushes you out of everything range, and by the time it finishes they can shield/perfect shield anyways.

Also, the only thing I got from the m2k/anti video was that shine/SHAD are somewhat effective and M2K doesn't know the wolf matchup at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom