• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fate: In the Hands of NSiders?

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Don't bother going there...If you do, prepare to get flamed so badly that you wouldn't want to go back there. Trust me, I know.

Example-A newcomer comes with no posts and he starts his own thread, saying "When will Brawl be released"? Then the other people flame him saying "noob"!! and posting pictures like "You Fail, owned, etc" He didn't even know that it wasn't announced yet and the other people know that, so that shows what kind of people are there.

Another thing is that they get furious when I said that I disagree putting Pichu in Brawl, along with other characters. They're such noobs, they think they're always right and keep going after it when the arguement is already over. Examples are

Smashking-the "king" of the noobs there. Obsessed with Pichu in Brawl.
Tomnookssontommy-an irritating person on there, I hate him
Yoshirancher-he's just a complete ***. He holds a huge grudge against me. Just because I supported a certain character for Brawl he kept flaming mewherever I posted.
Bestatsmashbros1-he was stalking me for several days once before I reported him
Cross-Blade-the most obsessed Pichu lover there. (lol I once got his Pichu support thread locked when it was over 100 pages. Well, it should have been locked in the first place because there was nothing but spam in it, like pichu owns, pichu pwns, uber bumpage, etc just stupid posts like that. Then I said sorry that it got locked to him so he thinks it wasn't me).
Puzzleman and this other ****** with him-I post in "Who shouldn't return to Brawl". I post some characters who should'nt return. Then this guy says "care to explain why"? Then the *** posts a pic sayng "you just got gen-owned! with Geno on it blasting something" Just some idiots... (no offense to Pichu lovers here btw. Just as long you're not like the people in the other site)

Most of the people there are probably just 7-10 years old and the"leader" being 15-16 yrs old. It's quite sad really. They seriously need help.

But the mods there are pretty cool. they lock stupid threads there.

I think I got banned there because I can't log in anymore. I'm actually glad that happened. And it's very sad that Nintendo's Official Brawl site is filled with *******, noobs, weirdos, etc. The people here are much more mature.

I'll probably go there just to check for any news.

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^Tomnookssontommy/ Fatmanonice(something, I forgot) and about 3 others seem to be the "leaders" there. Both Tom and Fatman have some unbelievable need to win any dissagreement they come across with countless replies. . . :ohwell:

I personally think that those 2 are the reason why you will get your head wacked out if you say "I don't think Geno should be in brawl" on the Nsider. Really, I have never seen such a herd mentality in one place outside of the one or 2 times I peeked into some link to a KKK web-site ( a very sad sight to see soo many people devoting to hating people like me for just being born a different race :urg: ).

Everyone there thinks they know exactly whats going on with Brawl and if you don't agree than you get "pwned!!!!11!" or "ownzed!!!111one!!" by everyone and their leaders. . . sickens me.

But Im pretty sure Sakurai said "screw America Nsider" for the most part. All there needs to be is like 5 characters (K-fox/ Ridly/ KingDDD/ Diddy Kong and Sonic) to make most of them STHU.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I wash my hands of this thread. Whether or not the winds of time be cruel or kind to it, I am not concerned.

Basically, my post was not directed at you. I'm fine with this thread, though it was slightly provocative of several whiny posts (not your fault, and hopefully not your intention). It was directed at the hypocrites, the whiners, and those who hadn't even attempted at doing anything.
Yes, I must admit the thread title is a bit of a whiner magnet... but at the same time, (some of) the response wasn't quite what I was expecting. So no, I wasn't hoping to create a vortex of negativity. And yeah, the people who didn't even try to do anything shouldn't complain. I've been posting, and writing e-mails like crazy. Here's the result of my lobbying to include EWJ in Brawl. (Not so successful, but a rare read relating to Brawl.) ((I think maybe 4 people read it.))

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2151087#post2151087

(the big fat post in the middle-ish)

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
I see. Well, I suppose that there's no more point in me posting here. I've given my two cents, so I'll ignore any more whining.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
That was moreso a general response to the ignorant and rather 'noobish' comments in this thread that did a pretty good job of representing what they were accusing Nsider to be like. Of course, I doubt the satire was intended.
:laugh: trust me, dont try to be annoying and then say people are noobs. baaaad idea

PS sorry for the double post. i've been gone awhile and forgot how to multiquote for awhile

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I find it rather funny that this thread complains about how stupid Nsider is, but at the same time is filled with numerous ignorant claims as well. Do any of you honestly think that Nintendo would browse internet forums [English ones, no less] just to find ideas for games? They pay people to come up with game ideas -- they really don't need to hear from a bunch of whiny kids on the internet, most of whom don't have ideas worth considering to begin with. Not only that, but there's also legal issues that could come up if Nintendo did use someone's idea, and they're far too conservative a company to upon themselves up to the risk of that. Usually when a game is in development there are more good ideas then there is time to implement and things get cut. I trust Sakurai and co. can make a decent game without Nsider or SWF.
Actually, we are encouraged to do just that. ~Student of Game Design

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
As a matter of fact, a certain Shout! Factory representative browsed trough forums supporting a Captain N DVD release, to search for ideas, eventually regularly updating the Captain N fan forums to give some info on new Shout! Factory releases from the DiC line.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
DEAR GOD is all i hav to say to Nsider forums. Its like *SHUDDER* U~RGH!H!
I swear it was created as an antithesis to smashboards or vice versa because it is the largest group of 10 year old leet lovers just screamin at each otherover the most pointless....I cant even go on.

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=1569462

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=1570054

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board?board.id=smash

God help us if these are the people that nintendo are listening to

clace

Smash Journeyman
IF you guys think SWF isn't very popular, search wikipedia for smash bros, scroll to the bottom, what's there?

Resources:

Bla
Bla
This Forum Link
Bla.

Forget about them, I'm sure we're more popular than NSiders, so therefore, Sakurai would find us first.

I hope.

*Cries*

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Of note, I'm not sure sending suggestions by letter to NoA for them to pass on to Sakurai matters at this point. The game is coming out "in 2007"...at most this means another 6 months before release, tops. Let's be realistic and say it's probably 4 or so months before the game is 100% totally finished and Sakurai says "Ship it, we're done." (EDIT: I previously said 'Miyamoto'. Just a brain-fart there, ignore that. Sorry.) Kojima has also said the game feels rather complete already. That means they're probably already in an internal tweaking phase of development. Finding lingering bugs, making sure everything works as intended, and so forth.

In other words, I suspect Brawl is either 99% Feature Complete, or 100% Feature Complete. Fan-suggested new characters, items, stages, etc. are probably completely out of the question at this point. Engine tweaks are also unlikely unless they find a major problem in the current one and have time to implement the suggestion while fixing the engine problem.

To respond to the earliest posts in this thread mentioning Nintendo's reply to the letter: You probably got a form letter, or nearly so. Maybe it's true Nintendo passes things on to Sakurai from the forums. If so, he probably goes "Kyaaaiiieee! American idiots!" and proceeds to cry himself to sleep as he realizes just what kind of mass audience will receive the game he's worked so hard on.

But a reply to that effect isn't good PR for Nintendo. Telling you "Sorry, chances are your good ideas will be lost in the shuffle among a sea of morons" isn't as good as "Hey, post here and maybe Sakurai will see it" even if the latter claim is completely untrue.

That said? A mass mail campaign to NoA when/if the next Smash is announced might not be a bad idea, if it's started early. That way, the game will still be in primary development and there's a chance they'll have time and inclination to look at the ideas sent in by veteran Smashers.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Hey, look at this thread:

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo...sage.id=1567650&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

This is the Bowser Jr, Ridley comfirmed in Brawl rumor. He says "Of course this is old news, but I'd bet a large sum of money that many of you haven't heard it."

He's so stupid, everyone heard about that was fake months ago. And when everyone was saying it was fake, he still insisted it was real. What a dumb***.

Rofl here's another one

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=1572863

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
You know, there was one person saying that he wouldn't get Brawl because of the Gooey Bomb.

Top Bottom