• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fate: In the Hands of NSiders?

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
First, don't get me wrong, I think it's great that Nintendo has (have) forums on their official site, but has anyone been there very much? If you think this site has a lot of "n00bs" (to put it nicely) you should check out that site. It seems the opinions differ to at least a noticeable degree, and anyone who makes any sense over there is probably from here (SWF aka smashboards) as well.

I bring this up because recently I wrote Nintendo a letter regarding SSBB, and they responded by saying the usual "We're glad you're excited about SSBB, blah blah, use our forums, data from these forums will be provided to the developers."

I'll freely admit there's some some decent/intelligent ideas floating around there, but it's just nowhere near as in-depth, or organized as it is here. If the developers were to actually try to go through those forums... let's just say they would quickly stop... trying that is. (Even if NOA gleans info and sends it in a readable format... well, the wishes of the majority may go unheard... Sakurai and team would just assume it's just typical stupid Americans, and ignore it.)

Forgive my vagueness, I cannot provide a good example, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find one for yourself if you visit over there.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Us non-Japanese Smashers are represented poorly enough as it is, but when the best thing that we have going (smashboards) is basically ignored, (officially at least) and all we have to place our hope in is Sakurai and team getting info from NSider... well, I don't feel very confident. Downright uneasy actually. So again, your thoughts? Should we all just post a heck of a lot of stuff from this site over to that one? Mods, would that not be a decent idea? Get together and collect a packaged thread or bundle of threads; "Suggestions for Sakurai-san" and post it/them on Nintendo's site? Do you think the develepers will or have already seen even one American (or other non-Japanese) fan suggestion?

Well, before I go completely off the deep end... post it up, friends.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I agree entirely, Burning Lava. NSider is filled with so many n00bs, spammers, and a**holes it's not even funny. I was perma-banned there a while ago.

I don't think we should go over there and post. That site is way to corrupt and way too unorganized to waste time on. Basically, we'd be responding to the same posts over and over again (because the mods are horrible there) like "When is Brawl coming out?" and "Here's the characters I want in Brawl!" I don't know about you guys, but I thought that was why we were here in the first place.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
It would be nice if Sakurai noticed SWF, if he did I wouldn't be as near as insecure about Brawl as I am. We are the die-hards : the tourney goers, the ones who have played this game straight for years, who want to see Brawl way better than Melee... Nsiders aren't exactly... mmm... "in our league" you could say about the game. You know what I'm talking about.

perhaps we could write like a huge barrage of emails referring to here, I dunno. it seems to me nothing we do will matter, I'm pretty sure Sakurai is just gonna do what he wants anyway. (which, SHOULD, be a good thing!)

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
I've tried to get on those forums, but there seems to be some arcane ritual involved in being able to post there. It's really annoying!:psycho:

Pit 42

Smash Lord
NSiders are also living in the past as such. They're probably still posting threads like, "I hope Wario will be in Brawl!".

Anyway, I don't think we should send a barrage of emails there, because then all those idiots will come here.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Don't bother going over there. It's not like Nintendo's actually going through their posts and looking for ideas.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I doubt they really care...have you seen the Nsider forums its a huge mess full of people who dont know what there talking about. Every thing anyone says there is lost in a sea of stupidity.

Sadly we probaly have no say whatsoever. For any of the people past age 10 or past an age 10 IQ we would get completely zerged rushed by inane babble and even if they wanted non-Japanese opinions the zergs would scare them off.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it would just be really reassuring in some abstract way if we were to receive confirmation that Sakurai (or someone on the team who can read English) at least knew of, and appreciated the significance of the community that we have here at SWF. I mean come on, almost 60,000 people now?

I think we'd all just sleep a tiny bit easier. That said, I do have faith that whatever happens, the game will probably be the most fun game the Wii ever offers, it's just the finer points that I'd like to see handled carefully, since we won't be seeing a sequel until 2013 or something. This one needs to LAST.

Oh well, Sakurai seems pretty passionate about it, so I guess he'll do everything in his power to perfect the game. That said again, we probably have at least a couple of great ideas, (and maybe some smaller reminders) that no one on the team has thought of... (and visa versa.)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't join because of my location, what a load of bull****. I guess I'm not angry anymore because I read some threads on the site and they sucked. It's full of idiots, noobs and spammers. I'd be ashamed to tell anyone I go there. I normally read it for laughs though.-

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
@ Red Exodus

Truly spoken. As you said, no need to worry, you're not missing anything by not going there.

@ LinkGadra

About the ritual thing, yeah I know, I tried to post there once or twice (cause I forgot how much it sucked the first time) and it told me I had to post in the "newcomer section" like 300 times or some crap. WTH?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
@ LinkGadra

About the ritual thing, yeah I know, I tried to post there once or twice (cause I forgot how much it sucked the first time) and it told me I had to post in the "newcomer section" like 300 times or some crap. WTH?
That whole forum encourages extreme spamming. You need a certain amount of posts to use a signature and edit. To edit, you need like 6,000 posts.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
That whole forum encourages extreme spamming. You need a certain amount of posts to use a signature and edit. To edit, you need like 6,000 posts.
Weak man, weak. ...Not you, NSider. NSider is weak... and ugly.

Rash

Smash Ace
Wait. They actually don't allow editing until you have a certain number of posts? That's not right at all. I use the edit button on these boards as well as others, and I couldn't live without it. While there are some people who don't look over their posts, there are others (like myself) who prefer to make our posts as clean as possible. And, realizing that you've made a mistake after you've already posted would suck if you couldn't go back and make corrections.

For that alone the NSider forums suck. However, I generally don't support "post-standards" for message boards anyway. That said, the difference between Smash Boards and the NSider forums is night and day, and those who are true fans of the game are best coming here, where intelligent discussion is actually somewhat feasible.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I HATE te Nsider forums. It's full of noobs that have no idea what they're taling about. But I guess that's been stated already.

But seriously. "I worry about Brawl online. wut if ppl cheat link usin links upb attack alot :("
"And wut wuld hapen if you fought a pro wavedasher?"
*Talk of WD's utter broken-ness ensues*

Sensai

Smash Master
McFox got it right. They're not sifting through any posts at all.

Man, someone should make that guy a mod!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I plan to learn game design when I get into college (gotta figure the problem out first.) It is a goal of mine to work for Nintendo and (help) produce a Smash game. In the event this goal is actually realized (don't get your hopes up,) I plan on being the inside guy from us to them...

Either that or I'm going to start producing my own line of games. I have so many ideas for games that I think could be successful.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I plan to learn game design when I get into college (gotta figure the problem out first.) It is a goal of mine to work for Nintendo and (help) produce a Smash game. In the event this goal is actually realized (don't get your hopes up,) I plan on being the inside guy from us to them...

Either that or I'm going to start producing my own line of games. I have so many ideas for games that I think could be successful.
you better hope they DONT go through these posts, they see this and your chance of getting a job there is gone...hahahah! quick, someone hide this thread before someone from nintendo comes!!!!!

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
No SSBB is not gonna be in the hands of Nsdier.
The Japanese Touken is.
If i'm correct two E-mails from the Touken stated they wanted a Pure YI stage and a Season stage. Sakurai Mixed up the two and boom!

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
I HATE te Nsider forums. It's full of noobs that have no idea what they're taling about. But I guess that's been stated already.

But seriously. "I worry about Brawl online. wut if ppl cheat link usin links upb attack alot :("
"And wut wuld hapen if you fought a pro wavedasher?"
*Talk of WD's utter broken-ness ensues*
:grin: :teeth: :scared:i didn't start using forums for almost a year after discovering them. jeez, i dont't even think they own smash if their scared of friggin link's B-up

D

Deleted member

I knew this would happen.

I'm English, so I'm infuriated by the fact that even though I consider myself a good forum user, I can't even register there. They don't even use a good excuse as to why foreigners can't register.

No ideas from me :(.

Actualy, not everyone there is a n00b. I've seen good ideas, but it still hurts that no ideas will come from us here.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I knew this would happen.

I'm English, so I'm infuriated by the fact that even though I consider myself a good forum user, I can't even register there. They don't even use a good excuse as to why foreigners can't register.

No ideas from me :(.

Actualy, not everyone there is a n00b. I've seen good ideas, but it still hurts that no ideas will come from us here.

Man, that kinda sucks, and I don't suppose there's an official "Nintendo of Europe Forums" option for you either, but chances are it won't matter if you're not Japanese. ...I just have a hard time believing that even one idea – that wasn't already planned in some form – will be taken from NSider and implemented into SSBB. Somehow I doubt Sakurai will even read any of that stuff... assuming he can read English, or that someone has localized it for him.

What I would really like, is to see a well made documentary about the creation of all 3 SSB games, with the most time spent on Brawl. I will want to know why they chose to do what they did, and whether or not any fan suggestions where used, etc.

Just video documentary footage of the game in development and being tested, would be fascinating. This being a Nintendo game however, they will say close to nothing about the development process, and video footage is right out.

D

Deleted member

If you think NOA is mad, its nothing compared to NOE.

That's a really neat idea, and would help with disappointment. But i can't see them saying Roy was just to make money.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, McFox and Mic_128 would probably have a stroke.
I dunno, after the year of having the Brawl Topic in Melee Disc, I don't think anything could shock me, spamming wise :)

This is in no way a challence to try. I mean, feel free, but also feel free to get yo *** warned. : )

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...was there a complete translation of the Touken, Prometheus? Do you know where I could fine one? :/
Samurai Panda's the closet.
However there was another topic somewhere with the Request Translated.
Can't find it through.

However I distincly remember that 2 request one for a Season stage and a Pure Yoshi stage.

Top Bottom